X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marparr
    • Jul 2006

lost embellishments/paperscraps

I need a suggestion in how I might solve a new problem that I am having with my Embellishments and Paper Scraps in SM.
    I have had this program for quite a while and I just added new Nortons Security 2007 and now I find that when I go into SM I get an ERROR-category root not found on my embellishments and paper scraps. Everything else seems to be working fine. Could this be caused from the new anti virus software and if so does anyone have an idea how I might solve this problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    I can get to the emb/ps but it is an involved process and not the easy click that it has been.
    Thanks MarParr
  • *eng*
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by marparr View Post
    I need a suggestion in how I might solve a new problem that I am having with my Embellishments and Paper Scraps in SM.
    I have had this program for quite a while and I just added new Nortons Security 2007 and now I find that when I go into SM I get an ERROR-category root not found on my embellishments and paper scraps. Everything else seems to be working fine. Could this be caused from the new anti virus software and if so does anyone have an idea how I might solve this problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    I can get to the emb/ps but it is an involved process and not the easy click that it has been.
    Thanks MarParr
    Norton is famous for mucking things up although I don't know in this case.
    My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• eye
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Jul 2006

I had lost all my shapes but I do not know why either. Wrote to ask scrapbook max but never got an answer. One of the girls sent it back to me in a zip. Now I have them.
      sigpic
      My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• Linda
        Layout Whiz
        • May 2006

Send a PM to Desmond and ask for help. If he can't, he'll know who can.

I agree that Norton messes stuff up and I got rid of it. I'm using a free program called AVG free Edition that works great, updates on it's own and doesn't interfere with my other programs. I've had it for over a year and no problems at all.
        sigpic

Comment

• angelwithin
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Nov 2006

i got rid of norton as it interferes too much with other programmes, i use AVG, antivir and spybot (gets rid of spyware )

have you tried reinstalling from your SMB cd?

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
          , Check out my store
          Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• randys grandma
            • Dec 2006

Don't know if this will help

I was organizing files in Scrapbook Max and lost my shapes. I got an error message that the file was not found. I was frantic since I love my shapes.

I almost posted here but decided to do some looking around first. I found my shapes folder. I must have accidently clicked on it and moved it to a different place where the program couldn't find it. I moved it back where it belongs and now it works fine.

I suggest you open your program files and look around to see if the folder might have gotten moved to a place where it shouldn't be. HTH.

Sandra F

Comment

• poppabob
              Mad Scrapper
              • Jul 2006

Did you figure out the problem? As an experiment I "moved" my embellishment and paper scraps folders to another hard drive and I then got the same error as you did. When I moved them back the error went away so it looks like your folders got moved some how.

These two folders should reside in:
              "C:\Program Files\Scrapbook MAX!\Gallery\Images".

To find them on a Windows XP system click on the Windows XP Start button and then Search. In the Search Results dialog box click on "All files and folders".

Type in "paper scraps" (without the quotes) in the box that says "All or part of the file name:". In the pulldown box that says "Look in:" select Local Hard Drives. Now click on the Search button. The results window should show you where this folder is.

If the folder is not in the above listed place then it needs to be moved back there.

Hope this helps.
              -=poppabob=-
              If I slip and fall please get a hold of crops2dawn or OnieRN to pick me back up!

Comment

• Gotart
                Mad Scrapper
                • Nov 2006

Moved files

I moved files trying to organize trying to make it easier & quicker for me. I lost almost everything.. It was still all there, I had to look. Moving the files was my problem... TLT

sigpic

Comment

• *eng*
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Gotart View Post
                  I moved files trying to organize trying to make it easier & quicker for me. I lost almost everything.. It was still all there, I had to look. Moving the files was my problem... TLT
                  I tried to seect and right click to move stuff from SM coz it's so slow. It wouldn't let me do anything other than select, is it me?
                  My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• *eng*
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by *eng* View Post
                    I tried to seect and right click to move stuff from SM coz it's so slow. It wouldn't let me do anything other than select, is it me?

select that should be

Comment

Working...
                    X