X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • knzus
    Digi Sage
    • Jan 2007

Oh, yeah, you can find some real good skeleton stories when you dig deep enough. On my husband's side, his gg-grandfather shot a couple fellows (one fatally) in something like 1870 in Kansas City because they had "insulted" the women in the family. Never was caught...the sheriff gave up after a while when he couldn't find him. Wish I could find an article about it, but no luck so far.

Anyway, back to the genealogy embellishments....

Anyone good at making the scroll-like/filigree/fancy corners/borders? I think some folks call it a "silo"...not sure where that word comes from? I need something to match the surname graphic below (it's my mom's maiden name - Dessenberger). Thanks!

knzus
    Attached Files
    Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

Comment

• angelwithin
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Nov 2006

ive found a free kit you can download

tell me what you would like and i'll see what i can knock up for you

angel x
      Last edited by angelwithin; 01-06-2007, 01:41 PM. Reason: link didnt work

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
      , Check out my store
      Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• Marion
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by srussell View Post
        I'm Dutch... My Uncle Pete did our geneology (not "gynocology" ) all the way to 1450... pretty trippy!
        Wow Steve, I am Dutch, my dad's name was Piet, Maybe we are related!

Marion

Comment

• *eng*
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Marion View Post
          Wow Steve, I am Dutch, my dad's name was Piet, Maybe we are related!

Marion

Now that would be a small world
          My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• moomoomama
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by knzus View Post
            Oh, yeah, you can find some real good skeleton stories when you dig deep enough. On my husband's side, his gg-grandfather shot a couple fellows (one fatally) in something like 1870 in Kansas City because they had "insulted" the women in the family. Never was caught...the sheriff gave up after a while when he couldn't find him. Wish I could find an article about it, but no luck so far.

Anyway, back to the genealogy embellishments....

Anyone good at making the scroll-like/filigree/fancy corners/borders? I think some folks call it a "silo"...not sure where that word comes from? I need something to match the surname graphic below (it's my mom's maiden name - Dessenberger). Thanks!

knzus
            Just got back from Overland Park, KS. My southern kids were hoping for snow...only got flurries though. My Dad's side of the family are long time Kansas folks. I love all of the fountains in KC.

Comment

• five-feathers
              • Dec 2006

Calligraphic flourishes

Here are a few flourishes if you can use them.

BTW - I'm over on the other end of the rainbow south of Kansas City. Small world!!!

Jan
              Attached Files
              sigpic

Comment

• knzus
                Digi Sage
                • Jan 2007

Oh, yes! Thank you very much! I can certainly use these!

*waves to everyone in Kansas* Ya'll get ready for that ice...YUCK!!!!!

Originally posted by five-feathers View Post
                Here are a few flourishes if you can use them.

BTW - I'm over on the other end of the rainbow south of Kansas City. Small world!!!

Jan
                Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

Comment

• Linda
                  Layout Whiz
                  • May 2006

Kunzus

You might want to go to this site and pick up today's freebie. I bet you can use it and it's unique! In fact, you'll like this whole site.

Discover the latest breaking news in the U.S. and around the world — politics, weather, entertainment, lifestyle, finance, sports and much more.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Linda
                    Layout Whiz
                    • May 2006

Oops! Sorry I messed the spelling!
                    sigpic

Comment

• babylicious36
                      Mad Scrapper
                      • Sep 2006

Thankyou for sharing

My dad is doing out tree for the last 21yrs.So far we've only gone back to the early 1800's to my Great Great Great grandpa...My dad is to busy concentrating on the dead then adding to it.. My Great Great Great grandpa came from England in the early 1800's to Australia and settled in South Australia where we still live today.

Mell
                      Mummy2Skye-Leigh
                      Australia

My buddy is nanwu

Comment

• Marion
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by babylicious36 View Post
                        My dad is busy concentrating on the dead then adding to it.
                        You will have to excuse me, but this sentence just made me giggle!

Comment

• *eng*
                          MAX! Mastermind
                          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Marion View Post
                          You will have to excuse me, but this sentence just made me giggle!

LOL......brillliant!
                          My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• sacannon
                            MAX! Mastermind
                            • Aug 2006

That's funny Marion, I didn't pick up on that until your post!
                            [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• Granny
                              MAX! Mastermind
                              • Mar 2006

Blasted woman... I can't laugh this morning, my sides hurt too bad from being sick yesterday!!! But that is one funny sentence!!!

Ouch!!!!!!

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• Granny
                                MAX! Mastermind
                                • Mar 2006

I have uploaded some previous of my coming template. I had planned to do this for a long time, but could not come up with an idea that would be both fun and flexible. I think this format allows you to add as many family branches as needed in the form of leaves in the first page, and the second page you can duplicate as many times as needed for each new branch of the family. The third page is for single members of the family that have not started their own family yet.

I hope you like it. Many thanks to Ladybug for allowing me to use the image of the leaf, it helped me bring it all together. It was just what I needed for the family names.

It will hopefully be uploaded to the store by Tuesday.

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=9402&limit=recent

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=9401&limit=recent

Last edited by Granny; 03-11-2007, 07:05 PM.
                                sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

Working...
                                X