• Show
Clear All
  • juliehclark
    Challenge Host
    • Jun 2006

January Challenge

HERE'S YOUR CHALLENGE:

(CHALLENGE KIT HAS BEEN REMOVED)

You are to make not only a layout, but a template to share with the group!

By the end of the month - You will have an entire matching album with all the templates that will be shared here! (SHARE IN THIS THREAD PLEASE!!!)

It's a fairly nice sized kit BUT here's an even more fun part of the challenge - If you are a designer or even if you are just starting to learn a program such as photoshop. photoshop elements, or PSP, use the elements in the kit as inspitarion to create MATCHING elements for this kit.

It can be a paper, some word art, or an embellishment. When creating things for this challenge, you MUST stick to the color scheme of this kit so it will match! (Here's a color swatch to help aid in this.)

I think this will be fun!

So remember:

1) Post a layout to the gallery using this kit
    2) Share your template with this group by posting to this thread
    3) If you'd like, make additional coordinating pieces to go with this kit and share with the group by posting to this thread so others can use it in their layouts! (This part is optional of course but I think this is the really fun part!!! Push yourself to learn something new!)

At the end of the month, you'll have a lovely set of matching templates designed by various scrappers!!!!
    Last edited by juliehclark; 02-01-2007, 08:48 AM.

Please visit my SBM store!
  • NanaC95565
    Digi Sage
    • Jul 2006

sounds fun and exciting Julie can't wait.

Visit my blog
    Visit my section of the store here

Comment

• *eng*
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Apr 2006

The mind boggles! Come on Julie hurry up!!
      My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• sacannon
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Aug 2006

This should be interesting!
        [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• crops2dawn
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Jul 2006

And the download is................?

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• kristyc1994
            Layout Whiz
            • Apr 2006

Should we all be doing a layout in the same size?

This sounds like LOADS of fun! I can't wait to get started AND to see what you talented designers come up with to add to the kit. Speaking of the kit, is there supposed to be a link somewhere????

Also wondering if we should be doing a layout in any particular size....I know some people do 8 x 8, some 12 x 12 and some 8.5 x 11.

THANKS!!!

Comment

• juliehclark
              Challenge Host
              • Jun 2006

the file sizes are really big, it's taking foreverb to upload - i have to reduce the sizes abd break it up.

later! i promise!

and i do everything 8 by 8 - it's pretty easily converted to 12 by 12 abd eveb 8.5 by 11

so let's say 8 by 8!!!!! thanks for bringing that up!

Comment

• autisticwonder
                Scrap Guru
                • Nov 2006

Hey, I'm going be implementing Angelwithin's shapes to get the most out of this challenge..Bring it ON!!

Comment

• lilbinkey
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Apr 2006

Originally posted by juliehclark View Post
                  HERE'S YOUR CHALLENGE:

For the month of January, you are to use this kit:

(click to download!)

You are to make not only a layout, but a template to share with the group!

By the end of the month - You will have an entire matching album with all the templates that will be shared here! (SHARE IN THIS THREAD PLEASE!!!)

It's a fairly nice sized kit BUT here's an even more fun part of the challenge - If you are a designer or even if you are just starting to learn a program such as photoshop. photoshop elements, or PSP, use the elements in the kit as inspitarion to create MATCHING elements for this kit.

It can be a paper, some word art, or an embellishment. When creating things for this challenge, you MUST stick to the color scheme of this kit so it will match! (I'll put up a color swatch to help aid in this.)

I think this will be fun!

So remember:

1) Post a layout to the gallery using this kit
                  2) Share your template with this group by posting to this thread
                  3) If you'd like, make additional coordinating pieces to go with this kit and share with the group by posting to this thread so others can use it in their layouts! (This part is optional of course but I think this is the really fun part!!! Push yourself to learn something new!)

At the end of the month, you'll have a lovely set of matching templates designed by various scrappers!!!!
                  Hey Julie,
                  Where is the download link?? I just tried to click on what you provided but it doesn't work... "-(

Comment

• juliehclark
                    Challenge Host
                    • Jun 2006

the files were sooooooooooooooooo big = i'm working on getting them to a better size!!!

most likely tomorrow nefore i have a link for y'all!

(but just so you know - it's the kit i used for your templates on the dec challenge so if you can get to those elements, you already have most of them!!!!)

Comment

• *eng*
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Apr 2006

Thank you Julie
                      My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• sacannon
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Aug 2006

Thanks Julie, I think there were only a couple of things I didn't have from your first link. I did have trouble with the templets like the others. But when I went back to try again, I couldn't open it.
                        [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• juliehclark
                          Challenge Host
                          • Jun 2006

are you having trouble with the above links? or the templates from the gift?

Comment

• sacannon
                            MAX! Mastermind
                            • Aug 2006

The templets from the gifts. I tried to go back and copy to the desktop like you suggested, but couldn't reopen the link for some reason it came up with an error message. But thats ok, I have all the elements so I can still do the challenge. Thanks anyway!
                            [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

Working...
                            X