X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MaggieMae
    Digi Sage
    • May 2006

I'm trying to upload the template now! Here goes nothing!! I couldn't upload the template - it might be too big.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MaggieMae; 01-05-2007, 04:36 PM.
    Julie

Comment

• juliehclark
      Challenge Host
      • Jun 2006

Originally posted by crops2dawn View Post
      Ok I have a question!!! I have been studying this all day and trying to come up with something this is a real big challenge for me. And Marion you keep on whipping these out like nothing!!!!!!!!
      My Question.... can we change the color????? I have a Xara program and can change everything actually, but I was wondering if the is ok???
      you can use the hue saturation lightness in advanced features to change the color! no need to take it to another program!

Please visit my SBM store!

Comment

• MaggieMae
        Digi Sage
        • May 2006

Hue

Originally posted by juliehclark View Post
        you can use the hue saturation lightness in advanced features to change the color! no need to take it to another program!

I've tried to use these features but you can't see the changes until you apply - many times the changes seem drastic. Does anyone else have this problem?!
        Julie

Comment

• msdrby
          • Dec 2006

BTW, I just wanted to say that I love these challenges. This is the quickest way for me to learn SBM! Okay, I'm off to try another LO.

Darby

Comment

• juliehclark
            Challenge Host
            • Jun 2006

Originally posted by MaggieMae View Post
            I've tried to use these features but you can't see the changes until you apply - many times the changes seem drastic. Does anyone else have this problem?!
            I do it all the time just to tweak photos a bit and change colors of papers a tad bit. You just tick them up a teeny bit and it makes a difference - if you slide it it will totally change the hue.

and if you click apply and you don;t like it you can always click undo!

Please visit my SBM store!

Comment

• Marion
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by crops2dawn View Post
              Ok I have a question!!! I have been studying this all day and trying to come up with something this is a real big challenge for me. And Marion you keep on whipping these out like nothing!!!!!!!!
              My Question.... can we change the color????? I have a Xara program and can change everything actually, but I was wondering if the is ok???
              Carol, it says that we have to stay within the color swatches. I am sticking as close as possible to the orange colors Julie gave us to play with. I have done some of the changes with either Microsoft picture it or paint shop pro.
              I think it still matches what Julie gave us, I just rarely use pink or mauve because of my male oriented family. I didn't think I would like this challenge because of the color scheme, but I am being challenged by it. Hope you like my templates.
              Marion

Comment

• OnieRN
                Scrap Guru
                • May 2006

Another attempt to post this page

Here is another attempt to post this layout! I had to remove a lot of embies and shrink it down to 5 x 5 size.

Hope You Get This Okay!

Attached Files
                sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
                !

nie

Comment

• OnieRN
                  Scrap Guru
                  • May 2006

Can all of these be put into one BOOK?

I love the layouts being put into the challenge. What is the easiest way to put them all into the same book? I know I can ADD pages but that seems that it would take a long time.

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
                  !

nie

Comment

• OnieRN
                    Scrap Guru
                    • May 2006

MaggieMae

I had the same problem with the size of my layout. I was given some excellent advice. Start off by removing your pic by right clicking to remove the image. Then shrink from 8 x 8 to smaller. I also had to make some of my embies smaller and remove a few things. Basically the layout is the same but I did have to make changes! I had used the "torn paper" and put 4 of them together in the middle of my layout then the pic on top. I had to finally remove the 4 torn papers and added the one page with the pink scallop around the pic. That really decreased the size.

Good luck, hope I gave you some help because I got really frustrated with trying to shrink the size. Finally got it, thanks to Sue's help!

!

nie

Comment

• leafroberts
                      • Sep 2006

January Challenge

All my grandchildren are boys, so I changed the pink to the brown in the zigzag papers and the button. Then I made some photocorners. They are in the template.

I posted the layout in the gallery.

I have never tried to attach anything before, so we will see what happens.

Leaf
                      Attached Files

Comment

• OnieRN
                        Scrap Guru
                        • May 2006

Got A Question....

Why are some of the templetes coming through without their papers and embies? The markers are there but nothing else. So far I found Marion's and Sue (SACANNON) that appear to be empty.

!

nie

Comment

• autisticwonder
                          Scrap Guru
                          • Nov 2006

With all the paper problems...here are some new ones..much smaller

Created 3 new papers using this batch of papers and made them much easier to work with. Also included 1 shape.

Can someone tell me how to make a thumbnail?? I thought the folder thumbnail for each would do the trick..Got REJECT notice on import..wrong type. Has to by 100x100 size..Just too lazy to go back to that work screen AGAIN!! Heaven knows I've done it enough times today.

1) Brown background with 25% opac. for orange layer with spruce texture added

2) Brown angle strip across left side of page...Reminded me of Hershey's Chocolate..maybe I needed a chocolate break..

3) Straight stripes with moz ancht. effect added for quilted look. Great for wacky letters.

4) shape inspired by a card I picked up at a thrift store today.

Sorry, no thumbnails. I feel for the size problems. You guys are great at layouts so let me play with making up some weird papers to compliment your efforts.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Marion
                            MAX! Mastermind
                            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by OnieRN View Post
                            Why are some of the templetes coming through without their papers and embies? The markers are there but nothing else. So far I found Marion's and Sue (SACANNON) that appear to be empty.

Onie, I redid mine a little farther down the thread.

Here is the link, let me know if it worked. Sue redid hers also, so look a little farther down.

Marion

Comment

• Marion
                              MAX! Mastermind
                              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by autisticwonder View Post
                              Created 3 new papers using this batch of papers and made them much easier to work with. Also included 1 shape.

Can someone tell me how to make a thumbnail?? I thought the folder thumbnail for each would do the trick..Got REJECT notice on import..wrong type. Has to by 100x100 size..Just too lazy to go back to that work screen AGAIN!! Heaven knows I've done it enough times today.

1) Brown background with 25% opac. for orange layer with spruce texture added

2) Brown angle strip across left side of page...Reminded me of Hershey's Chocolate..maybe I needed a chocolate break..

3) Straight stripes with moz ancht. effect added for quilted look. Great for wacky letters.

4) shape inspired by a card I picked up at a thrift store today.

Sorry, no thumbnails. I feel for the size problems. You guys are great at layouts so let me play with making up some weird papers to compliment your efforts.
                              The thumbnail is created automatically when you export your template. It is called a screenshot.
                              You can also go to the published folder and upload your jpg, you may have to resize it though.

Marion

Comment

• arlene6
                                • Oct 2006

January Challenge

I have a question...I'm a PSP user. What size do you make your finished product for Maxi users? And at what dpi?
                                Thanks,
                                Arlene
                                Graphic Designer

Comment

Working...
                                X