• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • knzus
    Digi Sage
    • Jan 2007

Howdy from Kansas!

Happy New Year to all of you! I am "knzus" (a play on the word "Kansas" because of the way I'm teased about how I pronounce my home state) -- my real name is Diana. I'm a wife, mom, stepmom, grandma, and stepgrandma...oh, and a daughter, of course. I work at home as a web developer (one of my sons is my partner). My hubby and I have been married since 1995 and have 8 children between us from our previous marriages (mine are two boys), and we have 4 grandchildren (so far). In no particular order, my interests include genealogy (hubby and I organized our county's genealogical society in 2005, which I "lead" and am the "forever" webmaster for it), gardening, photography (using my inexpensive Wal-Mart digital camera), sewing, web development, and now scrapbooking. Together, hubby and I enjoy camping and hiking -- not the endurance stuff as we both have medical problems, but just leisurely time together walking trails and the like. Since we're both into genealogy to a great extent, we should have a bumper sticker that reads "we brake for cemeteries." Haha! I guess I'm reaching a "milestone" in my life this month as my 50th birthday is January 22...apparently our kids are planning something for me -- they know I've never had a birthday party in my life and I've noticed lately that the talking stops when I enter a room if they're around. Hmmm...wonder if I need to worry. Well, anyway....

I'm really glad I joined our little community here -- I've already learned a great deal reading posts, tips, articles and such. Can't wait to try out all the neat ideas and wonderful "playthings" here!

Your friend in scrapping,
    knzus (aka Diana)
    Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!
  • workingjo3
    Mad Scrapper
    • Sep 2006

Hi,

I am sure you will like it here. Everyone is really nice and helpfull. I am in to genealogy. My genealogy and scrapbooking seem to be going hand in hand lately.

Jo

Comment

• MaggieMae
      Digi Sage
      • May 2006

Welcome!

Hope you enjoy here! This program is so much fun! Hope you didn't get too much snow in your part of Kansas!
      Julie

Comment

• OnieRN
        Scrap Guru
        • May 2006

Welcome knzus

Hello,

Glad to have you with us. You will truly love it here and we will be looking forward to seeing your work.

Interesting that your into geneology...... I am just getting started. I've been looking at software to use and am leaning toward "Legacy" It sounds like it will have the best ability to customize, as I want to include my extended family and adopted members. Any suggestions or thoughts ?????? My mother handed me a photo albumn with a lot of information, as far back as my great great grandparents, including pics!

Well you will love it here! Just jump in and get involved. I would also like to invite you to participate in our local "soap opera" at Scrapsville. It's a fun crazy make believe city with lots of characters. I'm a NURSE in the hospital. I'm sure with your ability to link people, why you could help us make sure we're all who we say we are!!!!!!! LOL Also, you will quickly figure out that this town is made up of a lot of Mixed NUTS!!!! Peanuts at that!!!!

sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
        !

nie

Comment

• AmeliasMuma
          Layout Whiz
          • Dec 2006

Welcome and glad you are here. I'm fairly new to and the people here are all amazing. A very helpful bunch.
          Sue xx

sigpic Makeyesup and Marion are my Buddies

Relax, take it easy and enjoy.

Comment

• *eng*
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Apr 2006

Welcome, you;ll soon be as nutty as us all xxxxxx
            My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• poppabob
              Mad Scrapper
              • Jul 2006

Welcome! We have a few things in common already. I just turned 50 and my wife is from "knzus".

Have fun!
              -=poppabob=-
              If I slip and fall please get a hold of crops2dawn or OnieRN to pick me back up!

Comment

• kristi
                • Dec 2006

Hey there fellow Kansan!
                Kristi
                Digi Designer: SBM

Comment

• knzus
                  Digi Sage
                  • Jan 2007

Why I do declare, ya'll just make me feel so welcome. *swoon*

Heh-heh. Thank you for all the "hellos"!

Hate to tell you, eng, but I've been nutty for a loooooooooong time. I think it has something to do with our Kansas wind. LOL!

Diana

Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

Comment

• Marion
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Feb 2006

Nah, we have the same problem in Wisconsin!

Marion

Comment

• sacannon
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Aug 2006

Hi, We have a lot in common too. I will be 50 in June, I am into Genealogy as well, (Have confirmation back to 1650's on my dad's side, Mom's side is another story). My dad's dad was born in Kansas. His parents moved around Kansas for a while but ended up in Indiana. And we brake for cemeteries too. How funny! I found my GGGG Grandmother's grave in a wooded lot next to a private home. It was an old cemetery that was let go and woods grew up around it. The people that bought the house next to it, did not know the cemetery was there until they went walking through the woods. They knew exactly where the grave was that I was looking for. Very nice people.

I am sure you will enjoy it here. It is very addicting so be forwarned.
                      Sue
                      [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• *eng*
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Apr 2006

I was 50 in September!

Apart from that am in England. Only other connection is that I live very close to the crem and cemetry! Rather morbid but funerals are passing nearby several times a day!
                        My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• *eng*
                          MAX! Mastermind
                          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by *eng* View Post
                          I was 50 in September!

Apart from that am in England. Only other connection is that I live very close to the crem and cemetry! Rather morbid but funerals are passing nearby several times a day!
                          Just had a shock... I was 51 in September! How did that happen I must start going in reverse

Comment

• OnieRN
                            Scrap Guru
                            • May 2006

52 here

I can not believe how FAST life is passing by! I just turned 52 in December!
                            sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
                            !

nie

Comment

Working...
                            X