X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tonya Sanchez
    • Sep 2006

Need SBM tech support

Please help! I keep getting errors when trying to add a new page to my scrapbooks. I have created a layout, exported template, as usual. All seemed normal untill I try to add it to my existing books. I was done this several times and it always worked great. Just last week, I started having problems. I received the following error..... invalid xml file:c:\program files\Scrapbook Max!\Data\_help_map.xml

Can you please help me? This fuction is very important to me. I am creating 18 similar books for all the students in my son's class.

Desperate, Tonya
  • autisticwonder
    Scrap Guru
    • Nov 2006

Do you have a system checker??like Norton Systemworks??

If you have been able to do this before and now it is telling you otherwise..The ActiveX may be alittle confused. I use the import command from the page setting to build a book from a playing around template scrapbook where I design my pages. After I import to where I really want it to go..I go back and delete from my playground template album. When things are out of sorts...I go to my systemworks (NORTON) and run a quick check to find a few developed registry Active x problems and it fixes everything in my program. Don't know if this will help or not..GOOD LUCK!!! Hag in there..one of our techno gurus will be available soon!!

Comment

• Desmond
      Resident Geek
      • Jan 2006

Hello,

Regarding the _help_map.xml error, that sounds like a corrupt install. I'll send new download instructions to the email address we have on file for you -- please uninstall, restart your computer, and reinstall from the email you'll receive shortly.

As for the template error -- there is a known template error in SBMAX right now that involves grouped objects (Which will be fixed in the next service release). For now, please make sure that any project you export doesn't make use of grouped objects (ungroup them before you export).

Thanks!
      Desmond.
      |

Comment

• autisticwonder
        Scrap Guru
        • Nov 2006

oh...that explains some problems I've been having with making some templates...

Thanks Desmond. Thought I was doing something wrong but couldn't figure it out until now..I won't group before templating!!! BIG THANKS!!! Hope everything works out for you TANYA!!

Comment

• Tonya Sanchez
          • Sep 2006

Thanks for the input. I'll give it a try.

Comment

• *eng*
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Apr 2006

I alao get an error message sayng something about an invalid help file or something. It happens when I open it up. I just click and it goes away.I haven't a clue what thats about!
            My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• Desmond
              Resident Geek
              • Jan 2006

Hello eng,

Is it an invalid _help_map.xml file? Please let me know!

To fix any corrupted file (including _help_map.xml), you'll need to reinstall. If we can find a common problem as to why a certain file may be corrupting on many systems, we'll get a better solution togehter, but for now reinstalling is your best bet.

I can make a new download available to you if needed.

Desmond.
              |

Comment

• *eng*
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Desmond View Post
                Hello eng,

Is it an invalid _help_map.xml file? Please let me know!

To fix any corrupted file (including _help_map.xml), you'll need to reinstall. If we can find a common problem as to why a certain file may be corrupting on many systems, we'll get a better solution togehter, but for now reinstalling is your best bet.

I can make a new download available to you if needed.

Desmond.
                Thanks Desmond, thanks for helping. I will have to wait until it pops up again. I know it's when I| open it and it definitely has the word help in it. although it doen't seem to do anything and I close it and thats it.
                I have reinstalled loads of times for different reasons! That's what numpties do lol
                My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• Desmond
                  Resident Geek
                  • Jan 2006

Unfortunately, due to the potentially limitless number of causes for any one problem, reinstalling is often the only immediately available solution.

If a problem pops up for a large number of customers (large enough that we are somehow able to isolate the problem), or if we are able to reproduce errors here 'in house', we can come up with alternative solutions.

The best course of action when you experience a problem with SBMax (and not with other unrelated applications also installed on your computer) is to post a descriptive message here -- we'll check it out and respond, one way or the other. In addition to alerting us to potential problems, posting issues publically also allows other users experiencing the same events to chime in with additional information.

Desmond.
                  |

Comment

• *eng*
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Apr 2006

Desmond

It says:

Invalid XML file\ScrapbookMax\Data\ _ help_map.xml

It is installed in my D drive as my hard drive is C and D. It as on my C drive and last time I reinstalled I changed drives. It used to happen the same though.rolleyes:

Comment

• *eng*
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by *eng* View Post
                      Desmond

It says:

Invalid XML file\ScrapbookMax\Data\ _ help_map.xml

It is installed in my D drive as my hard drive is C and D. It as on my C drive and last time I reinstalled I changed drives. It used to happen the same though.rolleyes:
                      Without the big grin...don't know where that came from!

Comment

• Desmond
                        Resident Geek
                        • Jan 2006

Ok, what i'd like you to do is email your order id, or the email address you ordered from to support[at]scrapbookmax[dot]com and request new download instructions. That will allow you to download the most up-to-date version of the software to install below.

Once you have the download instructions in your email:

1) Back up all content you've downloaded and your projects
                        - Content is stored in Program Files\Scrapbook MAX!\Gallery
                        - Templates are stored in My Documents\Scrapbook MAX!\Templates
                        - Projects are stored in My Documents\Scrapbook MAX!\Projects

2) Once you're confident all stuff is backed up, uninstall every copy of Scrapbook MAX! on your system

3) Remove the folder Program Files\Scrapbook MAX! if it exists
                        ** if you haven't backed up your content, you'll loose it at this step. Don't delete until you've backed up!!! **

4) Turn off your system (completely, not just a reboot)

5) Wait a minute, and turn on your computer

6) Reinstall from the fresh download instructions you were sent.

7) Restart your computer

8) Open Scrapbook MAX!.

Hopefully that'll get rid of any corrupt files (Ergo the delete in step 3) and will give you full, unrestricted Scrapbook MAX! functionality. Please post back here with any questions, and ultimately with your results (ie. did it work?).

Thanks!
                        Desmond.
                        |

Comment

• *eng*
                          MAX! Mastermind
                          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Desmond View Post
                          Ok, what i'd like you to do is email your order id, or the email address you ordered from to support[at]scrapbookmax[dot]com and request new download instructions. That will allow you to download the most up-to-date version of the software to install below.

Once you have the download instructions in your email:

1) Back up all content you've downloaded and your projects
                          - Content is stored in Program Files\Scrapbook MAX!\Gallery
                          - Templates are stored in My Documents\Scrapbook MAX!\Templates
                          - Projects are stored in My Documents\Scrapbook MAX!\Projects

2) Once you're confident all stuff is backed up, uninstall every copy of Scrapbook MAX! on your system

3) Remove the folder Program Files\Scrapbook MAX! if it exists
                          ** if you haven't backed up your content, you'll loose it at this step. Don't delete until you've backed up!!! **

4) Turn off your system (completely, not just a reboot)

5) Wait a minute, and turn on your computer

6) Reinstall from the fresh download instructions you were sent.

7) Restart your computer

8) Open Scrapbook MAX!.

Hopefully that'll get rid of any corrupt files (Ergo the delete in step 3) and will give you full, unrestricted Scrapbook MAX! functionality. Please post back here with any questions, and ultimately with your results (ie. did it work?).

Thanks!
                          Desmond.

Ok !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          I will but will need a bit of time to complete. ( probably days not hours) Thanks for your help Desmond..............again !

Comment

• Desmond
                            Resident Geek
                            • Jan 2006

Hello,

Take all the time you need.

Desmond.
                            |

Comment

• Tonya Sanchez
                              • Sep 2006

Dear Desmond,

I never received your e-mail to reinstall. I received the same error as eng. But just once, after the program bombed out when I tried to add a saved template to an album. I wasn't sure if it was relating to the problem I've been having or if it is the problem you mentioned with grouped items. I haven't created any groups, but the templates included with the software or that I have downloaded, may have. What do you think?

Tonya

Comment

Working...
                              X