• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Granny
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Mar 2006

Please read....

One of the things that makes this such a wonderful community is that every one loves to share! Helping each other is great, but.......violating people's copyrights or posting templates you have bought from some else is not legal or nice.

When we buy from a website or an individual, we are not bying the right to distribute the templates to other people or sharing any of it's parts with others. Your finish product, with your pictures, can be displayed in the gallery. But not on the sharing corner.

We all forget the rules sometimes and need reminders, but please, let's be consciencious about this.

Please, let's respect other people's work and not give it away.

Granny
    sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

• scrappydo
    • Nov 2006

Many thanks for clearing that up. I was wondering whether we were allowed to still display the items using other peoples work in the gallery.
    Suze

Comment

• mh51
      Scrap Guru
      • Jul 2006

Gallery / Sharing Corner???

I know what the gallery is.

By the Sharing Corner, do you mean when someone uploads a template or embellishment for others to download onto their PC??

I thought it was OK to publish using kits purchased as long as credit was given to the creator??

It's a minefield, isn't it???

Comment

• *eng*
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Apr 2006

I think we can publish in the gallery but not share on in the forum, eg not putting a link to download. Is that right?
        My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• cntrywoman72
          • Jul 2006

What granny is saying, if your purchase or get from another site, or purchase from max shop, you cannot upload to the forum to share with other people. You may post only in the gallery to show your creations off.

If you have made something or created a template from any freebies on Scrapbook max forum, the you would like to share with others, then you can upload them to the sharing forum under templates and embellishments.

Hope that clears up any confusion.
          sigpic

Comment

• inspiredmommie
            • Nov 2006

Hi. When I downloaded Scrapbookmax, my friend downloaded my freebies and templates so I don't know what is what anymore. If I use these freebie papers and embellishments and post the template to be shared, am I violating any copyrights or stepping on anyones toes? Please let me know because I have dozens of papers that I don't know where they came from. I haven't purchased any, only got freebies.

Crystal
            sigpic

Best Scrapbboking Wishes!
            Crystal: aka inspiredmommie

Comment

• mh51
              Scrap Guru
              • Jul 2006

Originally posted by inspiredmommie View Post
              Hi. When I downloaded Scrapbookmax, my friend downloaded my freebies and templates so I don't know what is what anymore. If I use these freebie papers and embellishments and post the template to be shared, am I violating any copyrights or stepping on anyones toes? Please let me know because I have dozens of papers that I don't know where they came from. I haven't purchased any, only got freebies.

Crystal
              I think this may be the case with a great deal of us.
              In the early days I seemed to be ALWAYS downloading freebies & was a bit hap-hazzard about how I stored them on my PC.
              I'm a BIT more organized now and try to always keep a record of where things come from.

The whole thing is a minefield.................

Comment

• Granny
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Mar 2006

Hi girls.... Don't feel bad about being confused on the copyright issue. There is so much sharing and downloading on the net, very few people know what their doing, but here is how it works.

If you buy or download anything from anywhere, you cannot share it, period. You can show off what you have made by posting the picture in the gallery. People that give you freebies do it as an incentive to have people go to their site, in the hope that you will purchase from them. So, you can post a link to their site, so your friends can go there themselves and download the freebies. But you cannot share your download with them.

But, let's say someone makes an embellishment or a template that they created "themselves", (meaning they made it from scratch with a program like Photoshop) then they can posted it here, and every one can download it and use it in their templates. You should give credit to the designer of the embies, however. Like.... Thanks to so and so for the embies....

Designers also have accesss to some clip art or images that they can use in their work, but they purchase the license to use the images commercially, and "must adhere to laws governing that license". That is why you may occacionally see a clip art as part of my work. But believe me, I'm complying with their requirements.

Of course, if you use embellishements or templates that came with SBM, then you can share to your hearts content, but this does not apply to things you buy at the SBM store.

Complicated? You bet, but unfortately, this has arised because folks are under the misimpression that digital means free, or that because they buy an image, it gives them the right to sell it or share it with others. Not so.

Hope this helps. And thank you for wanting to do the right thing!

Granny
                sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Comment

• MaryL
                  • May 2006

Thank you, Granny, it is a minefield, this copyright issue.

MaryL
                  Mary ~ living in the North of England

Comment

• Granny
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Mar 2006

It really is MaryL.... But don't let it immobilize you. Just being a little careful will do. There really is a lot you can share.

Granny
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X