X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skiptothesue
    • Nov 2006

Hello from UK and help!

Hi there, my name is Susan, I am a newcomer to Scrapbook Max, tried the trial and have gone for the full version now! I was using Photomix, and it was ok, but didnt have the same rotate or shadow options, which was a bit limiting. Anyway, I am looking forward to trying this programme out.
    I just saw a profile of someone who works in Sheltered Housing, same as me, I work in a Scheme in Norfolk, UK. Busy time of year right now, though I am still finding time to sit here in front of this PC, square eyes and a flat bum to prove it!
    Can anyone just explain again from scratch how I move graphics kits I have bought already from other sites and have stored in 'my documents' to scrpabook max so they open in 'embellishments'? I think it's possible, I have tried going through what someone told me previously,and I now have one kit floating around in my PC somewhere I know not!
    Any step by step instructions would be gratefully received!
    Thanks muchly,
    Susan
  • skiptothesue
    • Nov 2006

Worked it out..

I managed to work out the e-packer programme in the end so have got some of my papers etc onto scrapbook max. Very time consuming having to attach every single embellishment seperately, though maybe I'm not doing it quite right!
    Susan.

Comment

• mh51
      Scrap Guru
      • Jul 2006

Morning Susan, sorry can't help with your problem but just wanted to welcome you to the site....
      You'll love it here!!!!!!!

Comment

• *eng*
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Apr 2006

Same here. Sorry I can't help. I am the one I think you mean in Sheltered Housing. Christmas Dinner was Saturday, Shopping today, Coffee morning tomorrow and then I forget!
        We had someone leave here to go to a Norfolk scheme.
        My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• Marion
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Feb 2006

Rather then move everything into your scrapbook max folders, which is time consuming and also slows down the program. What I have done is have a extra folder with all items I got from other sites etc in a separate folder. Within that folder you can have folders of catagories, like "backgrounds, corners, ribbons" etc. You can reduce the size of the program, so you can have both the folder and scrapbook max program open at the same time. When you want to use one of these items, just open that folder and drag and drop the item onto your Scrapbook max page. This is much faster and also prevents scrapbook max from slowing down.

Hope this helps.

Marion

Comment

• *eng*
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Apr 2006

Marion, can you move items out of SM?
            My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• skiptothesue
              • Nov 2006

Thanks for info!

Thanks Marion,
              Good idea, opening a new folder. I will do that rather than slow down Scrapbook max!
              I just did my first proper page on here, it was easy peasy - used an overlay and a background which I downloaded from the forum. There are lots of things available, really nice of people to share them isnt it?
              I love the fact I can add shadows and rotate stuff around on the page. After the last scrapbook programme I had where I had to open items in a different programme, rotate, save and open back on the scrapbook, it's a luxury!
              Thanks again,
              Susan

Comment

• skiptothesue
                • Nov 2006

Thanks ENG

Christmas Lunch down at Doris Barnes Court tomorrow, be glad when it's over, but I might get a few photos in between courses. I bet they are all fed up of me snapping them, and guess what they get on their Birthdays?

Comment

• Marion
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Feb 2006

Originally posted by *eng* View Post
                  Marion, can you move items out of SM?
                  Yes you can. I usually leave things in there that came with the program, but everything else you can easily move. Drag and drop is the only way I work with the program otherwise I would never get anything done

Marion

Comment

• *eng*
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Marion View Post
                    Yes you can. I usually leave things in there that came with the program, but everything else you can easily move. Drag and drop is the only way I work with the program otherwise I would never get anything done

Marion
                    Thanks , I am going to do that if I can work out what came with it lol !

Comment

• *eng*
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Apr 2006

Marion , I tried that , nothing will drag .I tried doing it individuallly and by folders?

Comment

• Marion
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Feb 2006

I am not sure what you are dragging, but if that does not work try cut and paste. Cut from one folder paste into the other folder.

Marion

Comment

• scrappydo
                          • Nov 2006

Thanks for the suggestion Marion and Hi Sue

I am not sure what you are dragging, but if that does not work try cut and paste. Cut from one folder paste into the other folder.

Marion
                          Brilliant suggestion Marion.....once again appreciated.
                          What I have been doing is putting everything on a rewritable CD and transferring to the laptap...been banned from the work computer but at least now I can take my scrapmaxing with me
                          Welcome Sue, I am new too and already totally addicted. I was a diving widow....my husband is now complaining he is a Scrapbooking widower...serves him right...haha

Comment

• *eng*
                            MAX! Mastermind
                            • Apr 2006

Marion

Ok ....trying now!

Comment

• *eng*
                              MAX! Mastermind
                              • Apr 2006

No Luck. I've tried right clicking on folder and on individual items but nothing happens.

Comment

Working...
                              X