• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • *eng*
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by grannywin View Post
    I like your idea of creating a page for each month of a baby's life. I have a 3-mo. old grandson who is inspiring my scrapbooking hobby, and I will borrow your idea for his next photos.

I also lasted about a week using the free download until I needed to buy the program. The outstanding support sold me on this product. I have never found any site that gives the instant feedback found here. Don't worry about the lack of fonts or templates in the sample. The CD will have plenty. Yes, it takes longer to receive the CD than instant download but you have a backup readily available if it malfunctions which is seldom.

Downpoints: The graphics store in the program and cause the program to load very slowly. Hopefully, the designers will move them in future editions to MY DOCUMENTS where the finished templates are stored. Yes, another program must be used for transparencies, but you become more creative when you have access to Photoshop Elements or a similar program. I also changed the catagories for my scraps and embellishments since the original ones were too limiting.

Pluspoints: Easy to use, creates CD slideshows easily, loads of free stuff on the net, limited photo editing, great forum support, contest, gallery for that pat on the back.

Great summary!
    My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• Surferess
      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Robynanne View Post
      Hi! Yes, I know, I'm totally impatient! I just REALLY want to download this when I buy it and not have to wait for the dumb postal service to ship it. Plus, I don't want to pay shipping. SO... buying this would mean really going out of my way to get a scrapbooking software when I could just download or stop at Office Max to pick something up. Why should I get this one?
      I am on my 27th day of the trial. I have tried Picaboo, Zscrapbook and a few others. This program is great for these reasons:
      1. You can resize the page
      2. You can put words on and add a shadow
      3. You can group and ungroup items
      4. You can resize things easily
      5. You can select a resolution that is super high like 300
      6. There is an amazing community of well-wishers
      7. New templates and embellishments are being uploaded constantly
      8. You can import other scrap pages into your new book
      9. You have amazing control of all objects on the page
      10. You can change the opacity of any object

As far as your tranparent BG question, you do have lots of png files available to you. I went to Google and found a ton of free png files. Those all work with transparancy. I went ahead and moved all the png files into the scrapbook maz folder, and now I can access them from the heart icon.

My only complaints are the extremely slow application wait times. It seems to lag in a really large way. Not just when rendering either. Also I am having a problem when I resize a page with objects overlapping the edges. Some objects are inaccessible after that.

However, I am going to buy this tomorrow.
      Last edited by Surferess; 11-28-2006, 03:12 PM. Reason: misspelled words

Comment

• Surferess
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Surferess View Post

As far as your tranparent BG question, you do have lots of png files available to you. I went to Google and found a ton of free png files. Those all work with transparancy. I went ahead and moved all the png files into the scrapbook maz folder, and now I can access them from the heart icon..
        Try some of these pngs:

and about.com always has stuff:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/fre...freeindex.htm:)

Comment

• *eng*
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Surferess View Post
          Great links, I found that graphic soft site a while back and forgot about it until someone posted it on here/
          My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

Working...
          X