X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Robynanne
    • Nov 2006

Hello! So.. why should I buy this?

Hi! Yes, I know, I'm totally impatient! I just REALLY want to download this when I buy it and not have to wait for the dumb postal service to ship it. Plus, I don't want to pay shipping. SO... buying this would mean really going out of my way to get a scrapbooking software when I could just download or stop at Office Max to pick something up. Why should I get this one? What makes it better? Anyone use some other scrapbooking software out there that can compare?

Also, why can I not use this software to make transparent backgrounds for embellishments? I hate the idea of having to buy a photoshop type software just to do that. It seems that should be a feature of any scrapbooking software.

Lastly, wanna see what I've got so far???

Robyn

• *eng*
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Robynanne View Post
    Hi! Yes, I know, I'm totally impatient! I just REALLY want to download this when I buy it and not have to wait for the dumb postal service to ship it. Plus, I don't want to pay shipping. SO... buying this would mean really going out of my way to get a scrapbooking software when I could just download or stop at Office Max to pick something up. Why should I get this one? What makes it better? Anyone use some other scrapbooking software out there that can compare?

Also, why can I not use this software to make transparent backgrounds for embellishments? I hate the idea of having to buy a photoshop type software just to do that. It seems that should be a feature of any scrapbooking software.

http://www.gavies.com/scrapbook/index.html

This thread may help a bit. PS Scrapbook Max are updating and want to know how to make it more user friendly so will appreciate your comments.
    My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• *eng*
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Apr 2006

Just clicked on your link, won't work for me....

it is probably me!
      My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• *eng*
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Apr 2006

By the way ...welcome! Someone whose clever will be along soon!

Comment

• crops2dawn
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Jul 2006

I did click on your link and it did work for me! Adorable baby you got yourself there! And very nice layout too! I can name 101 reasons why to buy this program! When and if you buy the Cd I promise you, You WILL NOT REGRET IT! There are sooo many people who can help you in here and they are all so friendly just look around the forums and you will see for yourself. I DO NOT have any thing to gain if you buy SBM, but I know I am sooooo HAPPY I bought this! Sooo Many great ideas in here!!! The List is too long! I can go on and on! Happy Scrappin'

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• Marion
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Feb 2006

Because I too have tried every other kind of scrapbook software out there and they don't compare to the ease and versatility of Scrapbook Max.

Marion

Comment

• Robynanne
              • Nov 2006

hey!

Well, I just found out that when you purchase this, they do give you a download link AND they ship you a CD. Bummer on still having to pay shipping - yuck. I wish Office Max carried this. HOWEVER, YAY on getting to download and start right away. WHY don't they mention this????

As for comparisons, thanks for the advice! I'm kinda assuming anyone on here prefers this software to any other... thus why you are here. I'm looking for why. Like, does this software offer more types of decorative bits and pieces then, say, Scarpbook Factory Deluxe 3.0? I'm loving that I can export my whole book into a website layout with an index page, is that unique to this product? I have to say I'm a little dissapointed with the fonts available, but maybe that is just the trial version. Do I get lots more fun lettering options with the real deal?

With the transparent background, I'm thinking I know how to do it, I'm just not so happy that I have to go out and buy PhotoShop (like, $100!!!) just to make transparent backgrounds. I have a nice photo editor that came with my camera that I love and know how to use so I don't need a photo editor for anything else. I don't suppose anyone knows of a cheaper (or FREE) software that I could use to make my images have transparent backgrounds? For suggesting this as an upgrade, how do I do that? Who do I suggest to?

OH! Another thing I wish I could do is when I select a photo and an image shape for it, like, say, the star, I wish that I could grab the edges of it and make the star cover more or less of my actual picture. It always ends up being too small and covering up a face or something so I cannot use those.

Thanks ladies! I foresee me sitting at a table surrounded by scrapbooking supplies with my laptop at the next scrapbooking party. While my friends cut and glue and punch, I'll be typing and mousing away! LOL!
              Last edited by Robynanne; 11-27-2006, 12:12 PM. Reason: adding something i forgot
              Robyn

Comment

• workingjo3
                Mad Scrapper
                • Sep 2006

Here is why you should buy Scrapbook Max

I hope this reply is not too blunt. It is meant in a kind way.

Now to answer your questions. If you were satisified with any of the current programs you were using you would not be looking for a replacement one.

So, if this program meets your needs buy it. You can take advantage of the 30 day free trial to make sure before you buy it. If you try it and find it does not meet your needs then dont buy. Its as simple as that. I own close to 40 different art / scrapbook programs. This is my favortie. Why? Becuase it meets my needs. I want to make pretty pages. I can do it quickly and easily with this program. It is expanding nicely. I dont have to get all the templates ect. I am free to choose the ones I like. I am not limited to only pay templates. There are free ones I can download and use. Any time I have a question / problem those on this forum are very helpful. The company is asking for suggestions to improve the program. So if it almost meets your needs, you may want to keep an eye on the site to see if they make an improvement you want.

When you buy the program you get the full one to download via a link in the email and the cd arrives later with extra templates. Its always a good idea to have a back up of programs that you buy.

I will be the 1st to admit that this program does not have all the featues that other programs have, but it has the features I need to make a pretty pages. With some of the other programs I have, I can not figure out how to use those extra features, so those programs are a waste of money to me. When I downloaded this program, it was so easy to figure out that I did not take full advantage of the 30 day trial. I bought it after trying it for just a few hours. Then I showed my mom the program and she bought it as well. Personaly I feel that this is the very best scrapbook program out there. But that is just my opinion.

I checked out your page. Its nice. I love all the different poses and great journaling. They work together well to tell the story. There are some baby boy templates available. Maybe you try out some of the templates and give Scrapbook Max a try.

*getting off my soap box*

Jo... a Scrapbook Max fan

Comment

• eye
                  MAX! Mastermind
                  • Jul 2006

Well most of have loved scrapbook Max.I was on the trail version less then three days and was hooked. I am still learning things that I did not know that the program had. It is like a new toy everyday. It will produce the greatest layouts. Yes I have treid others but nothing compares to this site and to my NEW FRIENDS.It is so easy to use as well
                  sigpic
                  My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• marina martha
                    • Nov 2006

aside from my blunder...

i am really impressed with this program...its easy to use....there are lots of links to beautiful free downloads...the community scrappers leave lots of presents...i havent had a chance to explore the store yet as i am behind the eight ball on this recipe scrapbook...xmas is a few short weeks away..as if anyone needs reminding...lol...i am finally coming out of the funk of having lost my recipe book...now i am looking forward to starting over (sigh)...i remember the day i discovered i could store stuff off to the side of my template until i was ready to use it... a kid in a candy shop..lol..i was ecstatic...every time i use sbm i like it more...i have managed time to read thru some previous posts and learned a lot...this is the first scrapbook program i came across...i tried out the trial version and within a few test projects i knew i had found *the one*...i wanted more... i am a very frugal person so i hemmed and hawwed a bit about spending the money...lol...thats one thing that turned me off about paper scrapping...but i decided to go for it and am really happy with this program...it is a good place for a beginner digital scrapper... i tried photo shop it was too complicated for me at this point...i have only had sbm for a month and i had 25 very nice recipe pages done up...lol...with sbms help i impressed myself...lol... i dont know how anyone couldnt like it...tnt

Comment

• OnieRN
                      Scrap Guru
                      • May 2006

Your getting a lot of answers to your question.....

Bottom line...... we have tried other programs and was not happy with them! This one gives you the opportunity to try it out then put your money out. I have purchased 2 others that did not give me an opportunity to try and they ended up pushed away because they are not user friendly! Also, another benefit to this program is this fabulous forum with talented individuals. Our group here is close, supportative, and always willing to help. My other programs did not have a support group or forum of wonderful people.

I am one of the earlier users and I have been amazed at how the developers listen to us and try to expand on what is available. Also, do remember that this program has only been available for less than 9 months and it beats the heck out of anything out there.

I certainly hope that you purchase the program but if you will be missing out!

nie
                      sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
                      !

nie

Comment

• Robynanne
                        • Nov 2006

Well, I did buy it. I tried to download and install that gimp thing for the transparent backgrounds but didn't make it very far.

I'm trying to go back to my pages now with the expanded goodies bag but it really isn't all that expanded with just what downloads right away so hopefully I'll build up a bigger library of stuff soon.

Now I'm trying to decide between an Epson R1800 or a Cannon 9900 printer for something that can print 12X12 photo pages. The Cannon is cheaper and on the ratings site it has a faster print speed - which was the only thing that the two really differed on much there. Personal reviews have more people raving about their Epson though. Ahhh.. choices choices!

Thanks guys,
                        Robyn
                        Robyn

Comment

• OnieRN
                          Scrap Guru
                          • May 2006

Welcome Robyn

Glad we twisted your arm! You will quickly build your libruary! I was amazed at how quick I built mine, in face it came so fast that I had to quickly figure a way to organize.

I believe we will see a program in the near future that will help us organize and sort our embies. I've heard that there are a few out there already working on an organizing program.

I'm not able to offer any suggestions regarding printers. I've personally had my pages put into hard cover books. I've gotten 2 books so far and have been happy with both of them. I print my own pages 11 xx 8 1/2 and happy with that. I have also resized to 8 x 10 and had them printed at SAMS then mounted on complimentry paper, especially since I have thousands of pages from the paper days. There are a lot of options! Enjoy exploring those options.

nie
                          sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
                          !

nie

Comment

• *eng*
                            MAX! Mastermind
                            • Apr 2006

I am sure you won't regret buying! Keep us posted on your printer. It is always good to get feedback on printers.

Comment

• grannywin
                              Layout Whiz
                              • Sep 2006

Because it has great support

I like your idea of creating a page for each month of a baby's life. I have a 3-mo. old grandson who is inspiring my scrapbooking hobby, and I will borrow your idea for his next photos.

I also lasted about a week using the free download until I needed to buy the program. The outstanding support sold me on this product. I have never found any site that gives the instant feedback found here. Don't worry about the lack of fonts or templates in the sample. The CD will have plenty. Yes, it takes longer to receive the CD than instant download but you have a backup readily available if it malfunctions which is seldom.

Downpoints: The graphics store in the program and cause the program to load very slowly. Hopefully, the designers will move them in future editions to MY DOCUMENTS where the finished templates are stored. Yes, another program must be used for transparencies, but you become more creative when you have access to Photoshop Elements or a similar program. I also changed the catagories for my scraps and embellishments since the original ones were too limiting.

Pluspoints: Easy to use, creates CD slideshows easily, loads of free stuff on the net, limited photo editing, great forum support, contest, gallery for that pat on the back.

Comment

Working...
                              X