+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thumbs up Your getting a lot of answers to your question.....

Bottom line...... we have tried other programs and was not happy with them! This one gives you the opportunity to try it out then put your money out. I have purchased 2 others that did not give me an opportunity to try and they ended up pushed away because they are not user friendly! Also, another benefit to this program is this fabulous forum with talented individuals. Our group here is close, supportative, and always willing to help. My other programs did not have a support group or forum of wonderful people.

I am one of the earlier users and I have been amazed at how the developers listen to us and try to expand on what is available. Also, do remember that this program has only been available for less than 9 months and it beats the heck out of anything out there.

I certainly hope that you purchase the program but if you will be missing out!

nie
    OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

Well, I did buy it. I tried to download and install that gimp thing for the transparent backgrounds but didn't make it very far.

I'm trying to go back to my pages now with the expanded goodies bag but it really isn't all that expanded with just what downloads right away so hopefully I'll build up a bigger library of stuff soon.

Now I'm trying to decide between an Epson R1800 or a Cannon 9900 printer for something that can print 12X12 photo pages. The Cannon is cheaper and on the ratings site it has a faster print speed - which was the only thing that the two really differed on much there. Personal reviews have more people raving about their Epson though. Ahhh.. choices choices!

Thanks guys,
    Robyn

Exclamation Welcome Robyn

Glad we twisted your arm! You will quickly build your libruary! I was amazed at how quick I built mine, in face it came so fast that I had to quickly figure a way to organize.

I believe we will see a program in the near future that will help us organize and sort our embies. I've heard that there are a few out there already working on an organizing program.

I'm not able to offer any suggestions regarding printers. I've personally had my pages put into hard cover books. I've gotten 2 books so far and have been happy with both of them. I print my own pages 11 xx 8 1/2 and happy with that. I have also resized to 8 x 10 and had them printed at SAMS then mounted on complimentry paper, especially since I have thousands of pages from the paper days. There are a lot of options! Enjoy exploring those options.

nie
    OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

I am sure you won't regret buying! Keep us posted on your printer. It is always good to get feedback on printers.

Default Because it has great support

I like your idea of creating a page for each month of a baby's life. I have a 3-mo. old grandson who is inspiring my scrapbooking hobby, and I will borrow your idea for his next photos.

I also lasted about a week using the free download until I needed to buy the program. The outstanding support sold me on this product. I have never found any site that gives the instant feedback found here. Don't worry about the lack of fonts or templates in the sample. The CD will have plenty. Yes, it takes longer to receive the CD than instant download but you have a backup readily available if it malfunctions which is seldom.

Downpoints: The graphics store in the program and cause the program to load very slowly. Hopefully, the designers will move them in future editions to MY DOCUMENTS where the finished templates are stored. Yes, another program must be used for transparencies, but you become more creative when you have access to Photoshop Elements or a similar program. I also changed the catagories for my scraps and embellishments since the original ones were too limiting.

Pluspoints: Easy to use, creates CD slideshows easily, loads of free stuff on the net, limited photo editing, great forum support, contest, gallery for that pat on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by grannywin View Post
    I like your idea of creating a page for each month of a baby's life. I have a 3-mo. old grandson who is inspiring my scrapbooking hobby, and I will borrow your idea for his next photos.

I also lasted about a week using the free download until I needed to buy the program. The outstanding support sold me on this product. I have never found any site that gives the instant feedback found here. Don't worry about the lack of fonts or templates in the sample. The CD will have plenty. Yes, it takes longer to receive the CD than instant download but you have a backup readily available if it malfunctions which is seldom.

Downpoints: The graphics store in the program and cause the program to load very slowly. Hopefully, the designers will move them in future editions to MY DOCUMENTS where the finished templates are stored. Yes, another program must be used for transparencies, but you become more creative when you have access to Photoshop Elements or a similar program. I also changed the catagories for my scraps and embellishments since the original ones were too limiting.

Pluspoints: Easy to use, creates CD slideshows easily, loads of free stuff on the net, limited photo editing, great forum support, contest, gallery for that pat on the back.

Great summary!

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Robynanne View Post
    Hi! Yes, I know, I'm totally impatient! I just REALLY want to download this when I buy it and not have to wait for the dumb postal service to ship it. Plus, I don't want to pay shipping. SO... buying this would mean really going out of my way to get a scrapbooking software when I could just download or stop at Office Max to pick something up. Why should I get this one?
    I am on my 27th day of the trial. I have tried Picaboo, Zscrapbook and a few others. This program is great for these reasons:
    1. You can resize the page
    2. You can put words on and add a shadow
    3. You can group and ungroup items
    4. You can resize things easily
    5. You can select a resolution that is super high like 300
    6. There is an amazing community of well-wishers
    7. New templates and embellishments are being uploaded constantly
    8. You can import other scrap pages into your new book
    9. You have amazing control of all objects on the page
    10. You can change the opacity of any object

As far as your tranparent BG question, you do have lots of png files available to you. I went to Google and found a ton of free png files. Those all work with transparancy. I went ahead and moved all the png files into the scrapbook maz folder, and now I can access them from the heart icon.

My only complaints are the extremely slow application wait times. It seems to lag in a really large way. Not just when rendering either. Also I am having a problem when I resize a page with objects overlapping the edges. Some objects are inaccessible after that.

However, I am going to buy this tomorrow.
    Last edited by Surferess; 11-28-2006 at 04:12 PM. Reason: misspelled words

Quote Originally Posted by Surferess View Post

As far as your tranparent BG question, you do have lots of png files available to you. I went to Google and found a ton of free png files. Those all work with transparancy. I went ahead and moved all the png files into the scrapbook maz folder, and now I can access them from the heart icon..
    Try some of these pngs:
    http://www.pngart.com/IMAGES.HTM
    and about.com always has stuff:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/fre...freeindex.htm:)

Quote Originally Posted by Surferess View Post
    Try some of these pngs:
    http://www.pngart.com/IMAGES.HTM
    and about.com always has stuff:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/fre...freeindex.htm:)
    Great links, I found that graphic soft site a while back and forgot about it until someone posted it on here/