X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mint
    Layout Whiz
    • Oct 2006

After my computer crash I have no Idea I tried to save all the files but lost all I was working on and all the one i had in the template folder. Thought I had them all.
    Now I'm trying to get the ones I love back.
    Mint

buddies are- angelwithin

Comment

• OnieRN
      Scrap Guru
      • May 2006

External Hard Driver is a great solution for keeping things safe. I have all my stuff saved there. I made a shortcut on my desktop to the external files (embellishments, backgrounds, etc) It is working good for me. I save to the internal hard drive folder then move and sort them into the external. That way, if my computer crashes, I will only those the current things that have not been moved over yet. It also allows me to be portable with my goodies, so I can take them with me.
      sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
      !

nie

Comment

• Granny
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Mar 2006

Ah, Moonshine.... For once in your lowly, worthless life, you're absolutely right!!!

Ok, kid, you heard it from Moonbean... Send me your new computer!!!

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• Ellenb
          • Mar 2006

Don't really think you'd want it...

the old one was really slow and I spent some money last summer fixing and upgrading it but I still wanted a new one! The old one is going to my daughter and husband to use so they will leave my digiscrapping, photo, email, internet one alone! I'm loving this wide screen, seems easier now to use the drag and drop method! Also less monitor space!
          I've been around from the beginning, just don't post a lot!
          Ellen

Comment

• Moonbeam
            • Mar 2006

I can relate to that EllenB,
            When I got my new computer 18 months ago ( I reckon I'm due for another one) My husband claimed the "old" one and it was great .. we always wanted to use the computer at the same time..now it works well!--- the arrangement - not the old computer LOL... but his isnt even connected to the internet so it suits for what he uses it for.
            So OK - this time we let you off sending your new computer to Granny! but next time jst keep it quiet when you get a new one - It just sets Granny off coveting the new machine and it takes us ages to settle her down and get her to be grateful for her 1985 model.
            Have fun playing with your new computer and can't wait to see your "productions" - dont forget to post you stuff!!!

Comment

• Granny
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Mar 2006

1985? You mean this is the one that Moses refused to take across the desert when he led the Israelites out of Egypt? No wonder this blasted thing is so slow. And the monitor! It looks suspiciously like a stone tablet with some funny letters on it. I wonder what they say?

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• Moonbeam
                • Mar 2006

<BIG grin>

Comment

• Pekemom
                  • Nov 2007

Desmond~

Are you running Windows Vista? I have some techie q's...

thanks~
                  ~Nikki

Comment

• Desmond
                    Resident Geek
                    • Jan 2006

No, I'm running XP Pro SP2. But I'll be happy to answer any of your questions as best I can.

Desmond.
                    |

Comment

• Pekemom
                      • Nov 2007

Thanks, Desmond. I finally have a consistent 'work around' for my Vista OS.

In order to download a template successfully, I double click on it. Select 'Save', and save it to a folder on my desktop named 'Scrapbook Max D/L.'

Close or dock the Scrapbook Max web site. Navigate to the desktop and folder. Double click on the template. THEN you will get the 'template has been installed successfully...'.

Start the Scrapbook Max program, click on create new scrapbook, and the new template is there.

ANY other process (including 'open') did not work. I don't know if it's my (new) machine, or the Vista OS, but this is working consistently now. I've been going crazy for a couple of days now with several problems with this OS (including corrupting my mail log on)...

~Nikki

Comment

Working...
                      X