+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

You are all most welcome.

Desmond.

Default New Computer

Hi Desmond and all,
    Okay I got the new computer. I know my original cd is around here somewhere but would it be better to download the most up to date version? How would it know that I already own the program? Do I download the trial?
    Help, please!
    Ellen

You need to install the CD with the older version. You will probably be asked if you want to check for a newer version. Also, inside the the program on the upper right side of tool bar is a drop down that will connect you to the site and give you current updates.
    OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

EllenB... Welcome to the forum....

Ok, disregard all the above answers, they are "ALL WRONG".... Here is the only "Right Answer"...

If you got a new computer.... Sent me the old one!!

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Nah!!! wrong Granny!
    you should have told her to keep the old one and send YOU the NEW one - you peon!!!!
    and a hello EllenB

After my computer crash I have no Idea I tried to save all the files but lost all I was working on and all the one i had in the template folder. Thought I had them all.
    Now I'm trying to get the ones I love back.
    Mint

buddies are- angelwithin

External Hard Driver is a great solution for keeping things safe. I have all my stuff saved there. I made a shortcut on my desktop to the external files (embellishments, backgrounds, etc) It is working good for me. I save to the internal hard drive folder then move and sort them into the external. That way, if my computer crashes, I will only those the current things that have not been moved over yet. It also allows me to be portable with my goodies, so I can take them with me.
    OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
    !

nie

Ah, Moonshine.... For once in your lowly, worthless life, you're absolutely right!!!

Ok, kid, you heard it from Moonbean... Send me your new computer!!!

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Default Don't really think you'd want it...

the old one was really slow and I spent some money last summer fixing and upgrading it but I still wanted a new one! The old one is going to my daughter and husband to use so they will leave my digiscrapping, photo, email, internet one alone! I'm loving this wide screen, seems easier now to use the drag and drop method! Also less monitor space!
    I've been around from the beginning, just don't post a lot!
    Ellen

I can relate to that EllenB,
    When I got my new computer 18 months ago ( I reckon I'm due for another one) My husband claimed the "old" one and it was great .. we always wanted to use the computer at the same time..now it works well!--- the arrangement - not the old computer LOL... but his isnt even connected to the internet so it suits for what he uses it for.
    So OK - this time we let you off sending your new computer to Granny! but next time jst keep it quiet when you get a new one - It just sets Granny off coveting the new machine and it takes us ages to settle her down and get her to be grateful for her 1985 model.
    Have fun playing with your new computer and can't wait to see your "productions" - dont forget to post you stuff!!!