X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JoJo
    • Mar 2006

Nice job to all concerned

Nice job guy's, but can you tell me why, when i used the gingham shapes from Amythyst, they are nothing like when i used them on my butterfly kisses page.when i zoomed in 100% the gingam became normal, is this normal.
    also when i downloaded the 'wheels on the bus" page it to did not look right, it looked blurry, also getting back to the gingham when i applied it to a shape, then tried to make it larger or smaller , it gave me a square of gingam with the shape behind, i aslo tried it with a colour scrap same thing.
    Hope i have explained myself ok.
    JoJo
  • Karin
    • Jan 2006

Hi JoJo! No worries - the "blurriness" you see when you're looking at the full design space is normal! I know what you mean, I noticed that too on some text that I added (the letters looked a little "jagged"). I think it has something to do with the higher resolution that you're able to publish your scrapbooks at now with this new version (sorry for the un-technical explanation!). Basically, when you zoom in at 100%, you're seeing a "true" representation of the scrapbook page. And it prints and publishes to images, movies (etc.) at that perfect quality, with no jaggedy edges or blurriness. I printed some 8 x 8 pages on glossy photo paper for an album and it looks gorgeous! HAve you tried printing or publishing in other formats yet?

When I haven't zoomed in and I'm just working with the whole design space on my screen, I just think of that space as a sort of "draft", knowing that any roughness or blurriness disappears the instant I take a closer look or print/publish.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean when you are describing the shape changing thing - maybe someone else can jump in and help?

Hope that helps! Glad you're liking the program! I can't get over the improvement of this version - and I had a ball with it before!

Take care - talk soon!

Karin

Comment

• Scrapbook MAX!
      Your Host, Gracie!
      • Jan 2006

Hi JoJo,

Thanks for the compliments on the new version!

Karin gave a great answer, but here's a more technical one just for fun! What you may be noticing on your screen is due to being "zoomed out" on a really high resolution scrapbook page. When you publish your scrapbook to the final images, email, web, slideshow etc etc., it will look ***sooooo**** much better than it ever did before!

All about Zooming
      Scrapbook MAX! allows you to zoom in and out when you're looking at a page. This is important, because the pages in Scrapbook MAX! are usually too big to see on your computer screen all at once—unless you zoom out.

This is because your Scrapbook MAX! pages are created at a high resolution that is suitable both for viewing on a computer and for printing. In order to print at high quality, you actually need to work with images that are very big—even bigger than the size of your computer screen. (The bigger the page, the better the quality will be when you print it.)

Without zooming, you wouldn't be able to see the whole page at once; you'd only see a portion of it and would have to scroll around.

Thankfully, Scrapbook MAX! allows you to see as much or as little of the page as you want, by letting you zoom in or out.

Zooming out makes everything look smaller, and zooming in makes everything look bigger.

Zoom Levels
      There are actually many "levels" of zooming. The zoom level is usually expressed as a percentage, with 100% being "completely unzoomed" and 50% being "zoomed out so that everything is half size."

You can see the current zoom level on the status bar at the bottom of the Scrapbook MAX! program window. By default, the zoom level is set to "Fit All," which means that it will adjust automatically to fit the whole page on your screen.

You can change the zoom level at any time to something specific by choosing View > Zoom In, View > Zoom Out, or View > Zoom Level from the menu. There's even a faster way to change the zoom level, too: just click on the zoom level in the status bar. Clicking on the zoom level there will bring up a list of all the zoom levels (including "Fit All") for you to select from.

Note: 100% zoom means that you are seeing the page at its actual size. Most scrapbook pages are too large to fit on your computer screen at 100% zoom, so scrollbars will appear.

Why Zooming Out Can Make Things Look Fuzzy on your Screen - But not when you Publish!
      When you're zoomed out (as is usually the case), your pages may not appear quite as "crisp" on the screen, and small details and text may appear to be a bit muddled. In fact, as you zoom out, everything looks just a little bit worse.

Don't worry—this is perfectly normal. And it won't affect the quality of your printed pages, or your slideshows, or any other output format that you publish to. In fact, when you publish your scrapbook, everything will look just as good as it looks when the zoom level is set to 100%.

So why does zooming out make things look worse?

It mostly has to do with pixels—the little colored dots that computer images are made of. Zooming out makes things look worse because the computer has to approximate lots of pixels with a lot less pixels. As it scales things down in size, the computer needs to make decisions about which pixels to show, and which pixels to toss aside. And it needs to do it very quickly. In fact, it's the rushed nature of this process that leads to a few "shortcuts" which can make things look not quite the same.

The good news is that, no matter how things look at the various zoom levels, in the end your pages will still look as good as they do at 100% zoom.

So don't be alarmed—even if you leave your pages zoomed out all the time, they will look crisp and high-resolution when you publish or print them.
      Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 is here!. It's simply better digital scrapbooking software!

Comment

Working...
      X