• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bobby Bear
    Mad Scrapper
    • Sep 2006

BB- I guess I have to close my store!

If I read the new ruleing correctly I can't post any links to my embellishment store for everyone to visit.
    If that's true .then The store will stop being available to everyone here.

Is this correct? Abit confused here....................

Regards,
    Bobby Bear
    [My newest websites]
  • crops2dawn
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Jul 2006

I'm confused too BB That can't happen!!! Hopefully we are reading it the wrong way!!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• Bobby Bear
      Mad Scrapper
      • Sep 2006

I sure hope so.....every post I make is usualy trying to help someone.

Will wait to see what all this means...............

Luv ya,

Bobby Bear
      [My newest websites]

Comment

• *eng*
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Bobby Bear View Post
        I sure hope so.....every post I make is usualy trying to help someone.

Will wait to see what all this means...............

Luv ya,

Bobby Bear
        I hope thats not the case although it seems that way. How very, very sad if so. That's put a real dampner on the community spirit. It's been so exciting and positive lately and it looks as though it's all going to crash.
        My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• *eng*
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Apr 2006

Bobby, you don't need to close the store do you? There must be another way of doing it.
          My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• *eng*
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Apr 2006

Granny and co will also be affected. I feel gutted for you and all of everybody's hard work

Comment

• *eng*
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Apr 2006

BB I have just put the links for Digital Scrapbook Country in my bookmarks. I am just going to add Steve's/ Yours has gone so can you pm it to me

Comment

• *eng*
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Apr 2006

oops that went on it's own.......!
                I am sure we can promote the stores between us somehow without a direct link.

Comment

• Bobby Bear
                  Mad Scrapper
                  • Sep 2006

Your sweet.please don't do anything to upset the community spirit,I'll private message you in a minute.

I removed the link from my LOGO to comply with the new ruleing muself.

BB
                  [My newest websites]

Comment

• Marion
                    MAX! Mastermind
                    • Feb 2006

No use getting to drastic. You can keep your store open and put your link on the Scrapbookmax home page. There is a list of top scrapbook sites. I look there regularly and I am sure others do too.

Marion

Comment

• *eng*
                      MAX! Mastermind
                      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Marion View Post
                      No use getting to drastic. You can keep your store open and put your link on the Scrapbookmax home page. There is a list of top scrapbook sites. I look there regularly and I am sure others do too.

Marion
                      Brillliant Marion!

Comment

• *eng*
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Apr 2006

Actually I remember now seeing Steve's on there!

Comment

• autisticwonder
                          Scrap Guru
                          • Nov 2006

wait a minute..newbie here

Bobby Bear slighted with new ruling....I LOVE your stuff and LOVE all the links I'm finding that folks are sharing. This is shocking to me!! SCRAPBOOK MAX needs to take another look at that idea of not allowing links to your stores!!
                          I've gotten GORGEOUS stuff from those sites this week. Gives more reasons to help promote the purchase of Scrapbook Max..or does Scrapbook Max want to sell only THEIR creations???I bought this program because it accepted common file types I can convert to SBM. I'm very down spirited hearing this!! I have a sad face now!! Takes the fun out of SBM!!

Oouy alert!
                          Donna

Comment

• autisticwonder
                            Scrap Guru
                            • Nov 2006

Ebay invited the stores to open, now they want them out

This is the same kind of problem I'm seeing in general. You open up to everyone, then you get the attention you like and then play the indian giver. At least, that is how I'm seeing this. These folks have given and gotten through Scrapbook Max. Now, SBM wants more attention to their products. I do understand the business part of it but I look at people who will be hurt by it too!! And this move will hurt some folks. Now if what I'm understanding is that they can still find a spot on the home page to represent themselves then I don't think all is lost. They don't have to put the links in but can let us know where their links are. I feel deeply for Bobby Bear and his needs that have been met by SBM until now. He can have my shoulder to cry on anytime!! Love his WORK!! LOVE Moonbeams, DigitalScrapbook, etc. I'm making the most out of my Scrapbook Max investment. It just looks like it is going to cost me alot more if things are going in that direction and I don't have the money to spend...But I love DREAMING and SEEING all the work of these very talented folks!! Have to wipe the slobber off the key board and keep eyedrops close at hand when I'm too absorbed in looking!! Love ya Bobby!!

Comment

• srussell
                              Digi Sage
                              • Feb 2006

Well, as you all know, there's always three sides to every story...

From Indigo Rose's perspective, they are here to sell and support a product. Scrapbook MAX! They are in business to make a profit. Much time, energy and money went into creating this product, which everyone seems to love. This forum was created to allow the SBM users to communicate with each other, share ideas, etc. Indigo Rose maintains the right to determine policy of what goes on the forum and what does not.

From a designer's perspective, Scrapbook MAX! gives us another platform to showcase our designs, post freebies to get people to look at the work and share with the community. As far as stores go, Indigo Rose "licenses" the wares in their new store. They are not really in the business of creating content. They have solicited designers, such as myself, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Granny, etc. to add "products to their shelves". As far as we are concerned (at least for myself), the SBM store gives us another place to sell our wares. After all, what's WalMart without a supplier?

From the scrapbook user's perspective, no one is ever obligated to buy anything from anyone's store. All of these stores are also a great source of freebies, which are just that, free! If I post a free template, kit, or alphabet for someone to download from this forum and it helps drive traffic to my site, then excellent!!! That's what free enterprise is all about! All of the designers will attest to the fact it takes many hours to create content and they should be allowed to make some kind of profit... Granny? Moonbeam? BobbyBear? MA3? At the same time, we also don't mind sharing.

If anyone has noticed, all of the hard-core designers complied with the new rules within hours of them being posted... All the links and signatures are gone.

Ok, I'll get off my sopabox now...
                              sigpic
                              Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
                              My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

Comment

Working...
                              X