X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • autisticwonder
    Scrap Guru
    • Nov 2006

So you're saying Bobby Bear can join your Store??

Hey srussell..You are saying then that Bobby Bear can still remain in business if he can join your store or are you exclusive?? for designers of the program??
    Then he would just have to pay a percentage of his sales?? He can mention his stuff just not link us to it. If that is the case, I'm sure Bobby Bear would not lose his shirt on this kind of deal then. Can't argue with that!

Comment

• *eng*
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Apr 2006

Can understand what your saying Steve. However it seemed like you were told in a general forum message. I would have thought you could have had a message from SM saying that this was to be coming into force. As you say you have all complied. It could have been explained before the SM message. Maybe I'm wrong but it seemed you were all taken by surprise.I am going by my place of work that's all, consultation and all that!
      My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• srussell
        Digi Sage
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by autisticwonder View Post
        Hey srussell..You are saying then that Bobby Bear can still remain in business if he can join your store or are you exclusive?? for designers of the program??
        Then he would just have to pay a percentage of his sales?? He can mention his stuff just not link us to it. If that is the case, I'm sure Bobby Bear would not lose his shirt on this kind of deal then. Can't argue with that!
        BobbyBear (or anyone else) can basically do several things... He certainly doesn't have to close his store.

1. He can place a banner ad in the "SBM Top Websites" and promote it from the "Partners" section of this forum.

2. He can apply to be a designer in the SBM store. If accepted, he would pay a percentage of his sales, just like the rest of the designers.

3. He can promote his site on other websites (including mine... "banner exchange")

I'm certainly not trying to make friends or enemies, I'm just expression my opinion as a designer and possible options. I'm on the same level as everyone else and I have my own site for SBM items that I would like to promote in as many ways as possible. I just want people to make their opinons known.
        sigpic
        Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
        My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

Comment

• srussell
          Digi Sage
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by *eng* View Post
          Can understand what your saying Steve. However it seemed like you were told in a general forum message. I would have thought you could have had a message from SM saying that this was to be coming into force. As you say you have all complied. It could have been explained before the SM message. Maybe I'm wrong but it seemed you were all taken by surprise.I am going by my place of work that's all, consultation and all that!
          Yes, I found out when everyone else found out... Of course, I don't want to get kicked out of this forum just because I can't link to my site from here. If that's IR policy, then I should be obligate to follow it.

Besides, I might be missed!
          sigpic

Comment

• Granny
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Mar 2006

I agree with every thing that Steve has said. I think Scrapbook Max has been very fair in their arrangements with the designers. Sure, we would love free advertisement for our shops, but they do provide a way for us to do it, as Steve mentioned.

Some times we don't know all the reasons why a developer has to make a certain decision, but in all fairness to Max, we need to give them the benefit of the doubt. I appreciate your loyalty and good wishes, but I really think Max is just trying to do what is best for everyone concern, specially you, they're loyal customers.

And, of course, if you happen to visit our store and like our stuff, you can always pm each other, passing the good word. Nothing against that!

Granny, aka Esther B.
            sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• *eng*
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Apr 2006

I agree Steve and yes you have to do as your told! The top websites is a great way to do that. My gripe is that it was done publicly without you being told first.
              Anyway what's done is done.

and yes you would be missed
              My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• Moonbeam
                • Mar 2006

I agree totaly with Steve and Granny,
                Max has been so good to us and I have no problem at all complying with their wishes.. Of course I would prefer to be able to have a link in my signature but I can see why Max has to do this.. If this was my site I would have to do the same..
                There is a family spirit here which is fantastic, but it is also a place of business.This is not an unfair or unreasonable rule.....
                I took my link out quick smart when I read this bit quoted below LOL:
                Infractions
                Users found to be violating any Online Community rules may receive a warning and/or an infraction. Accounts of users who continually violate our forum rules may be temporarily or permanently disabled. CRUMBS! thats a bit rough I reckon! I wonder what they'd do? maybe kneecap us??Break our legs??

Seriously though.. we just have to go with the flow!! LONG LIVE MAX!!!
                None of us would be here if it weren't for Max.
                And incidently- I did know this was coming, simply because I asked about links in our sigs and advertising comments etc... I could see that it was competing with the store here. But we will still be sharing and giving freebies...

Comment

• Moonbeam
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by srussell View Post

Besides, I might be missed!
                  Steve!!! You better believe it Mate... you sure would...

Comment

• autisticwonder
                    Scrap Guru
                    • Nov 2006

You would definately be missed as well as any others

Love your contributions and ideas Steve! Also ditto on how well you regulars are taking this and removing your links willingly and promptly. Hope this helps Bobby Bear figure out what to do. Don't want him to jump ship. Hopefully, he won't get too seasick from all this!! I'm no designer or store keeper so this does not affect me like it does you financially. Scrapbook Max has a big up on all the other programs I've ever had. Hope we still get to see all the goodies and ideas from the shops.You got me hooked!! BIG THANKS!! For nuts you guys do alright!!

Comment

• Desmond
                      Resident Geek
                      • Jan 2006

Hello Everyone,

Our recent policy change regarding links to third-party stores came about after very careful consideration. In a nutshell, we want to keep the content our users purchase through any link on our site as "clean" as possible (high quality, copyright-violation free, etc.).

Unfortunately, the only way to offer any type of assurance of quality, etc. is to allow direct linking to our store exclusively. All products posted to our store go through an approval process. And if a questionable product makes it through, we can remove it quickly if necessary.

Please understand that this policy was not implemented in response to any particular store thus far, but rather as a stop-gap measure to prevent a flood of mediocre content. While I'll be the first to admit that the stores I've seen so far have been of the highest quality, that may not always be the case.

We do not edit forum posts, and with the exception of blatant SPAM and offensive or non-G-rated posts, we do not remove posts arbitrarily. Additionally, we strive to treat all users equally. As such, it would be very difficult for us to allow some users to post links to their store while preventing others from doing the same thing. So we decided to ban third-party store linking all-together.

Should you wish to promote your Scrapbook MAX! / Scrapbooking related site through our website, you can post it on our topsites page (Our topsites page receives thousands of hits a month):

Additionally, anyone can become a Scrapbook MAX! Design Team member * and sell their products through our content store. Designers selling products through our store benefit from high traffic, and do not have to worry about collecting payments or dealing with refunds. You can apply to become a designer here:

* Subject to approval

I hope that does clear things up a bit. To any designer inconvenienced by this new policy, please accept our sincerest apologies (and thanks for your understanding).

Desmond.
                      |

Comment

• *eng*
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Apr 2006

Thank you for explaining that Desmond. Much appreciated

Comment

• Granny
                          MAX! Mastermind
                          • Mar 2006

Thanks, Desmond.... You're a true blue!

Granny
                          sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• srussell
                            Digi Sage
                            • Feb 2006

Thanks Desmond!

I did have a question about any user posting links to other freebie sites, i.e Peppermint Creative, which in themselves are stores...
                            Last edited by srussell; 11-20-2006, 11:33 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

• rosana brito
                              Digi Sage
                              • Jul 2006

helo !! Magic Bobby

It would like saying to it, that es a wonderful person, therefore has the pleasure of partilhar with us everything what knows, this and rare .parabens Borry continues always thus, I am learning very with you.

one I hug

drª Rosana Brito

Comment

Working...
                              X