X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • putunxtc
    • Oct 2006

2 computer family

can scrapbook max be installed on both of my computers with just a one time buy?

i am using the trial version now, but gosh my wife and myself love this program and are gonna buy it soon. it is very easy to use. if i can install it on both of our computers it would be a great help.
  • *eng*
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by putunxtc View Post
    can scrapbook max be installed on both of my computers with just a one time buy?

i am using the trial version now, but gosh my wife and myself love this program and are gonna buy it soon. it is very easy to use. if i can install it on both of our computers it would be a great help.
    Well I have so I hope so. If not someone tell me quick. I'm sure you can because some people have multiple personalities (ID) don't they Granny!!!???
    My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• Sandy
      Mad Scrapper
      • Jan 2006

You can install it on more than one computer but the software is licensed per person. If both you and your wife are using it you should each own your own copy.

Hope that helps!

Comment

• putunxtc
        • Oct 2006

????????????????

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
        You can install it on more than one computer but the software is licensed per person. If both you and your wife are using it you should each own your own copy.

Hope that helps!

that doesn't make sense. if i buy it for us to use, why should i buy 2 copies for one household? i understand the licensing, but i have 2 computers and we would both use it on separate computers at times. this just makes it easier for us if i can install it on 2 computers in the sam house.

what happens if i buy another computer to replace my older one? i would want to install it on that one then also.

just a couple of questions i wanted ansered before i purchase the whole program which i am planning to do. i really like the software.

Comment

• Desmond
          Resident Geek
          • Jan 2006

Hello,

Traditionally, software is licensed in one of two ways:
          1. Per Computer: You'd require a different license for each computer you install it on
          2. Per User: You can install it on more than one computer, but you require a separate license for each user

We license our software according to #2 above. In essence, you can install it on 2 computers without violating the license agreement, so long as you're the only person using it. If you change systems, just uninstall the software from your old computer, and install it on the new computer, and you'll still be using the software legally.

If both you and your wife want to use the software, you'll both require licenses. While we're not going to come to your house and demand further license fees, by the letter of the license agreement, that is what you'd need to do.

On a side note, given your situation (2 users, 2 computers), regardless of the licensing structure we implement (#1 or #2 above), you'd need to purchase 2 licenses.

Does that clarify things?

Desmond.
          |

Comment

• putunxtc
            • Oct 2006

thanks

you answered my question. that clarifies things.

Comment

Working...
            X