+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default In trouble again

If anyone can help would be most grateful,
    i have found this fantastic site for all sorts of different fonts, but when i download them they come in the form of a picture, that i don't know how to use
    the site is www.dafont.com section:fancy / decorative / alpha clouds, i was hoping to use this as a fillable font.
    JoJo

Hi Jojo. Just make sure you're clicking on the box on the right which says, "Download PC / MAC OSX" and you'll get a zip file to download. Unzip that file. Inside it are .ttf file(s), simply cut and paste those into your C:\WINDOWS\Fonts folder.
    Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at www.scrapbookmax.com.

Question Not sure what happened

Jojo,
    I am currently at the dafont site and when I clicked on that particular font... it came across as a *.ttf file in a zip format.
    Hugs,
    Amythyst

Just FYI .ttf stands for "True Type Font".
    Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at www.scrapbookmax.com.

And on a window's system (DEFINITELY on windows XP), all you have to do is copy the .ttf file to your fonts directory. To do that:

1. Click Start > Run
    2. Type %windir%\Fonts
    3. Click OK

That takes you to the fonts directory. Then, just copy/paste the font file in there. That's it!

Desmond.

Thanks everyone, feel like a real dummie took me a few goes to get it but i got there in the end, that's what matters i guess, & after all that it's not what i'm after, i want something like a shape so that i can fill it with the gingham fabric.
    Anyway i will keep looking, thanks again to all.
    JoJo

No problemo, good luck!

Thanks Desmond, not really having much luck at the moment, this might be a silly Question but can you copy these fonts to the shapes section of scrapmax?
    JoJo

i got there in the end, that's what matters
    Amen.

You can't copy fonts directly to Scrapbook MAX! as shapes, however if you have a program like Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro it's easy to create your own shapes. Just start with a pure black image and then add your font character in white. Export that as a PNG and put it in your shapes folder. Voila!

Thanks Corey, will give it a go.
    JoJo