X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kode
    • Mar 2006

Backup CD for embelishments

I can't seem to figure out how to make a back up CD of my embelishments. I made one a couple of months ago but for the life of me I can't seem to be able to do it again. Can anyone refresh my memory!!??? Thanks!!
  • *eng*
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by kode View Post
    I can't seem to figure out how to make a back up CD of my embelishments. I made one a couple of months ago but for the life of me I can't seem to be able to do it again. Can anyone refresh my memory!!??? Thanks!!
    No, but I'd love to know too lol!
    My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• mh51
      Scrap Guru
      • Jul 2006

I use Roxio Easy CD Creator....

Locate C drive
      Program Files
      SBM
      Gallery
      Images
      Embellishments

then drag whatever to lower screen & burn DVD.

Maybe someone has better idea!!**??

Comment

• *eng*
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Apr 2006

Well when I've sorted out Max I'll have a go.I have just system restored back 3 days and now when I open Max it says somethig like unable to find backgrounds and it just goes blank. Looks like I'll have to reinstall arrrrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!
        My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• makeyesup
          Digi Sage
          • Jun 2006

Scrapbooking backup

I use the same as MH51 to back up my what's in the Scrapbook Gallery on my hard drive.

Also, zipping up various downloads in folders marked as to the web site, designer, kit(paper, embell. etc) naming, and .smt and .smb files. Will back them up onto a CD along with the various templates I acquired. It would then be easy to restore if I have that dreaded 'crash'. Expect to do all my projects and published files too.

It is taking me quite some time, since I am on overload right now.

Do like Roxio Easy CD Creator.

Maureen

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Comment

• *eng*
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by makeyesup View Post
            I use the same as MH51 to back up my what's in the Scrapbook Gallery on my hard drive.

Also, zipping up various downloads in folders marked as to the web site, designer, kit(paper, embell. etc) naming, and .smt and .smb files. Will back them up onto a CD along with the various templates I acquired. It would then be easy to restore if I have that dreaded 'crash'. Expect to do all my projects and published files too.

It is taking me quite some time, since I am on overload right now.

Do like Roxio Easy CD Creator.

Maureen

Do like Roxio Easy CD Creator. Is there a link? Will try this as u recommend so highly!

Comment

• grannywin
              Layout Whiz
              • Sep 2006

Another method to backup

I like to use Window Explorer. Right click on START and left click on Explore. I format a CD that is rewriteable (START, my computer, right click on D drive and Format--takes about 20 minutes the first time). Now I can click on the embellishments in Scrapbook Max, EDIT, Select All, and drag them into my D drive. You don't need any other programs once you master this one. It really is easy to learn.

Comment

• kode
                • Mar 2006

Everything I have tried says it can't copy it. I tried the D drive that was just suggested. I have tried- send it to the CD drive and tried copiying and dragging. And Also tried Sonic that is suppose to do this kind of stuff. I have even did a virus scan to see if a virus was affecting me but it says I am fine. I guess I will try another day. Thanks for all of your help and suggestions! I do appreciate it!

Comment

• srussell
                  Digi Sage
                  • Feb 2006

Try making a CD with just one file (any file) to make sure there's nothing wrong with your drive.
                  sigpic
                  Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
                  My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

Comment

• makeyesup
                    Digi Sage
                    • Jun 2006

Roxio CD creator

Eng

The program came with my computer when I bought it about 3 years ago. Don't know what it would cost nowdays. Just do an internet search for it.

Maureen

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Comment

• kode
                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by srussell View Post
                      Try making a CD with just one file (any file) to make sure there's nothing wrong with your drive.
                      I was wanting to do that but I just moved to a new house and can't seem to locate all my other CD's. Just my luck! As soon as I do I will try that out! Thanks again for your help! I might be bugging you again though when I come across the rest of my CD's!!!!

Comment

• srussell
                        Digi Sage
                        • Feb 2006

Please free free to bug me... CD's are my speciality...

Many moons ago (the early 1990's)... I remember when our company bought one the the first single-speed (1x) cd-writers... It cost $3,500 USD and took about an 1 1/2 hours to create a disc... Discs were around $40 USD/each...
                        sigpic

Comment

• kode
                          • Mar 2006

I know! Isn't it amazing how far we have come!!!!!

Comment

• kode
                            • Mar 2006

Yehaw!! Good and bad news! The good is that I saved some of my embelishments to a DVD!!!! The bad news is that I don't remember for the life of me how I did the saving-it was purely by accident!
                            Another thing is it just as good to save to a DVD as it is a CD?

Comment

• srussell
                              Digi Sage
                              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by kode View Post
                              Yehaw!! Good and bad news! The good is that I saved some of my embelishments to a DVD!!!! The bad news is that I don't remember for the life of me how I did the saving-it was purely by accident!
                              Another thing is it just as good to save to a DVD as it is a CD?
                              You can at least 5 or 6 CD's worth of content on the a DVD disc... It takes a bit longer to burn,but will probably last as long as a CDR...

I do project backups every day to a USB drive, then about once a week onto 2 DVD's (that's about 9 GB worth of data or 10 CDs... yikes! )
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X