+ Reply to Thread

Default Hello from Winnipeg

Hi everybody! My name is Sandy and I'm new to both digital and paper scrapbooking. I've also dabbled in card making, mosiac tiling, soap making, decorative painting...you name it, I've tried it. One thing I'm really liking about digital scrapbooking is the amount of papers, embellishments etc. right at your fingertips. I've found that when I'm paper scrapping I always have to run out to the store to grab another this or that...you paper scrappers know what I'm saying.

I never realized you're so artsy Sandy. Cool. Ever try paper making? It's fun and easy. You just soak some paper, use a blender to blend it into a fine pulp, and then use a small deckle to level off some of the pulp. Squeeze the excess water out, then let it dry, and voila! And the coolest thing is that you can stir in "additions" after blending such as dried flowers or natural fibres and they'll be integrated right into the finished paper. Cool way to recycle scrap paper into your own original paper stock. :yes
    Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at www.scrapbookmax.com.

Heh...never said I was any GOOD at any of them!

I never have made my own paper, but handmade paper is beautiful!

Whenever I've showed people it they are always really surprised how easy it is to do a very small batch, i.e. for making 2-3 greeting cards, etc. Check this out:
    http://www.funsci.com/fun3_en/paper/paper.htm#3

That's the basics but I wouldn't worry too much about the mortar and pestle and blowdryer, a normal blender works great and the stuff dries fine after a light pressing. Here's someone who went crazy with additions:
    http://www.exto.info/gallery/dbimage...938-p-3086.jpg

There's a guy in Edmonton named Jan who is obsessed with recycling and reusable energy. He creates goods for sale from recycled materials, and one of his big sellers are journals/notebooks which he creates from "reclaimed" materials by blending the pulp in a blender which is connected to a ten speed bicycle (so no electricity is used) and binding the sprial back with an old coat hanger using some sort of wire spiral-bending tool. It's quite neat. The whole process is electricity-free. "Jelly Parrot Trash Crafts" is the shop and it's a good stop off for anyone who is ever in Edmonton.

Here's a video of Jan explaining his thing and making some of his notebooks:
    http://zed.cbc.ca/go;jsessionid=akzx...&c=contentPage
    Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at www.scrapbookmax.com.

Smile

Hi there Welcome, Hope you have a blast. Will talk to you on the boards I;m sure xoxoxo