X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alixmm
    • Oct 2006

SBM slow to open now

Hi, Scrapbook Max is taking longer and longer to open for me. It doesn't seem slow while I am using it. Has anyone else had this problem? Should I move my embellishments to another folder outside of the SBM folder? I installed the whole CD and have downloaded a few more items. My computer is running fine otherwise. Any suggestions welcome! Thank you.
  • crops2dawn
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Jul 2006

Yes, that happens to mine too. The more stuff you put in there the slower it gets. I wanted to put some stuff elsewhere, but then I have to go looking for everything when I'm doing a page so I put everything back and yes, its slow opening it but at least everything is there. and I don't have to going looking all over the place. Some times when I hit the SBM and takes so long I wonder if I hit it at all, but then I wait a few more minutes and its there. I guess ya just need patience.

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• *eng*
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Apr 2006

.....and there's me having a right go at my lappy! I did a layout today and then it said an error had occured and SM had to close. It's so slow it's almost asleep!
      My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• Marion
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Feb 2006

Mine has been doing that all along, and I do keep all my extra embies and backgrounds in a separate folder. That also speeds up the process as I am adding things to my pages. I leave everything that installs automatic in SBM but anything extra goes into a separate folder. Even at that it takes a while to open the program and also each time you start a new template or go back to another saved one. I am not sure what the answer is. My computer is 2.8 gh pentium4 with 2 gigs of ram. So it is not the computer, but the program bogs down more and more the more you add. Other then that, I love it.

Marion

Comment

• PatH
          • May 2006

me too

My computer bogged down in SBM so badly that SBM wasn't usable anymore. I keep extra items I download in a separate folder, and only put the items I download from this site into SBM.

I ended up buying a new computer (Core 2 Duo processor with 2GB RAM and a good video card that isn't integrated). It works much better now. If it bogs down again, I will have to abandon SBM and find another program that works better. I hope it doesn't come to that, because I really like SBM the best!

Pat

Comment

• eye
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Jul 2006

Yep slow but worth it

I will never leave the program. It is always slow but I luv the results.I guess that is why I am a nurse.Lots of patients ooops i mean patience
            sigpic
            My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

• Linda
              Layout Whiz
              • May 2006

Mine is very slow opening, too. Maybe Max can do something to fix that on the next upgrade. Here's hoping!!!
              sigpic

Comment

• *eng*
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Apr 2006

Hmmmmmm.............seems it is common problem. Let's hope Max is working on a solution.
                My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• jazzieal
                  Digi Sage
                  • Sep 2006

Slow Opening

I'm hoping SBM can resolve this issue too..my poor computer gets fussed at everytime I open the program and now I find out others have the same problem..I'll have to baby it now LOL
                  My Buddy's Are Crops2dawn, Sue, Eye, Eng, Smiley, Kimbob, PKDoll and Autistic Wonder

Visit my Blog http://wordstodelite.blogspot.com/

Comment

• kimwmik
                    • Sep 2006

Me to

Mine has always opened slow, but after that it is fine. Just when you go to another page takes a few , but has not giving me any other problem then that. I thought it was my computer guess not, still love it

Comment

• babylicious36
                      Mad Scrapper
                      • Sep 2006

mine's quite slow but i do have alot of stuff on my puter too

Mell
                      Mummy2Skye-Leigh
                      Australia

My buddy is nanwu

Comment

• PatH
                        • May 2006

Mine was slow to open (5-7 minutes), then another 5-7 minutes to open a page, and another 5 minutes to move an embellisment. No matter how much patience I have, that's beyond the limit!

Now that I have a faster processor and 2 GB RAM, it's fine, but I wonder if the writes of the software can do anything to make it more efficient. It seems like it shouldn't have required the size computer I went to just to make it work. But I sure do like the program!

Comment

• crops2dawn
                          MAX! Mastermind
                          • Jul 2006

PatH, If I has to wait 15-18 minutes just to start a page I'd be pulling out my hair! congrats on getting a puter, some day I'll have the money to get a new one too. But they are like buying a new car, once you take it home, they come up with something new!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• *eng*
                            MAX! Mastermind
                            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by crops2dawn View Post
                            PatH, If I has to wait 15-18 minutes just to start a page I'd be pulling out my hair! congrats on getting a puter, some day I'll have the money to get a new one too. But they are like buying a new car, once you take it home, they come up with something new!
                            I know! My sister bought one a few months ago that is far superior to my nine month old one and cost her far less ........grrrrrrrrr......

Comment

• Scrapbook MAX!
                              Your Host, Gracie!
                              • Jan 2006

Pat,

Your old system must have had very little RAM memory in it or some other system problems for things to take that long. Working with high resolution graphics does take a fair bit of horsepower though, and the faster your computer and the more RAM memory you have, the faster Scrapbook MAX! will work. Now, you definitely don't need a state of the art system to use Scrapbook MAX!, but memory upgrades are the fastest and cheapest way to get a *huge* performace boost. 512 MB is good, but 1 GB is great!

That being said, we're always interested in hearing how things are working so that we can make them even better. We're not the kind of people who rest on our laurels over here. We're committed to making Scrapbooking MAX! the best digital scrapbooking software available, and will continue to improve the software and make it faster and easier - even for older and slower computers!
                              Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 is here!. It's simply better digital scrapbooking software!

Comment

Working...
                              X