+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Unhappy SBM slow to open now

Hi, Scrapbook Max is taking longer and longer to open for me. It doesn't seem slow while I am using it. Has anyone else had this problem? Should I move my embellishments to another folder outside of the SBM folder? I installed the whole CD and have downloaded a few more items. My computer is running fine otherwise. Any suggestions welcome! Thank you.

Yes, that happens to mine too. The more stuff you put in there the slower it gets. I wanted to put some stuff elsewhere, but then I have to go looking for everything when I'm doing a page so I put everything back and yes, its slow opening it but at least everything is there. and I don't have to going looking all over the place. Some times when I hit the SBM and takes so long I wonder if I hit it at all, but then I wait a few more minutes and its there. I guess ya just need patience.

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

.....and there's me having a right go at my lappy! I did a layout today and then it said an error had occured and SM had to close. It's so slow it's almost asleep!

Mine has been doing that all along, and I do keep all my extra embies and backgrounds in a separate folder. That also speeds up the process as I am adding things to my pages. I leave everything that installs automatic in SBM but anything extra goes into a separate folder. Even at that it takes a while to open the program and also each time you start a new template or go back to another saved one. I am not sure what the answer is. My computer is 2.8 gh pentium4 with 2 gigs of ram. So it is not the computer, but the program bogs down more and more the more you add. Other then that, I love it.

Marion

Default me too

My computer bogged down in SBM so badly that SBM wasn't usable anymore. I keep extra items I download in a separate folder, and only put the items I download from this site into SBM.

I ended up buying a new computer (Core 2 Duo processor with 2GB RAM and a good video card that isn't integrated). It works much better now. If it bogs down again, I will have to abandon SBM and find another program that works better. I hope it doesn't come to that, because I really like SBM the best!

Pat

Thumbs up Yep slow but worth it

I will never leave the program. It is always slow but I luv the results.I guess that is why I am a nurse.Lots of patients ooops i mean patience

Mine is very slow opening, too. Maybe Max can do something to fix that on the next upgrade. Here's hoping!!!

Hmmmmmm.............seems it is common problem. Let's hope Max is working on a solution.

Default Slow Opening

I'm hoping SBM can resolve this issue too..my poor computer gets fussed at everytime I open the program and now I find out others have the same problem..I'll have to baby it now LOL

Default Me to

Mine has always opened slow, but after that it is fine. Just when you go to another page takes a few , but has not giving me any other problem then that. I thought it was my computer guess not, still love it