X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Granny
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Mar 2006

Thanks every one for the nice words and wonderful support. We are busier than a one arm paper hanger, and I should know, I used to have my own wallpapering business for about 20 years. But we're having fun doing it.

Steve, it's wonderful that you're opening your store. I love your products. And I agree with Moonbeam, the more the merrier. There's room for every one here, and Max ties us all together. So......

"Let the good times roll....."

Granny
    sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• crops2dawn
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Jul 2006

Thanks for asking that question Onie, I too thought it was one big store!
      WOW, you guys!! I'm really impressed! I went to your shop and was blown away! I quess that explains alot, Like why Granny is so Crabby all the time, you have been working overtime you poor thing, I bet the arthitus is acting up. hehehe. In all seriousness, I'm going to have to start putting some money away, I just love all that stuff in there, you guys really did a great job! I hope you guys aren't going to vanish from here, Granny you got a Soap Opera to get organize too.! LOL
      And STEVE, STEVE, STEVE...... Glad to see your still alive! All this time I thought you were doing house work! hahaha. Can't wait to see your store too! I have to tell ya I love that Winter one you did! It's absolutely gorgeous!!!! See Steve I don't always pick on you! Sometimes I can be nice, but don't get used to it! hahahaha
      And Scrapbook Max is making changes too I see, They are going to have to keep up with the competiton now!
      Again! GREAT JOB!!! you guys!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• leafroberts
        • Sep 2006

Thank You

Thank you Moonbeam, Granny, and Ladybug for the wonderful sale. I bought 45 items and all the free ones too.
        Now I am trying to figure out which designer names go with the Max nicknames.
        By the way, Moonbeam, I love your oops! emoticon.
        Good luck with your store, just don't desert us here. We would miss your humor.
        Leaf

Comment

• Granny
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Mar 2006

Thanks, Leaf.... I'm finally going to be able to feed that miserable cat of mine. Keeps me up all night begging for food. Don't know why, I feed him once a month whether he needs it or not! Go figure.

Ok, here are the culprits...

Moonbeam.... Deanne the Peon

Ladybug... Machine Gun Kelly, ops, no, I mean.... Lori Kelly

Granny.... Rufina Delfina SasaGuitia, Hija de Pichilingo and Puchucha, also known at Esther Barry.

But don't let the names fool you, wer are the same old nuts underneath!

Granny
          sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Comment

• leafroberts
            • Sep 2006

Granny, Thank you for the info. The one thing I forgot to ask is how long will the sale be going on? I have a friend who is out of town right now, but I know she will be interested.
            Leaf

Comment

• Granny
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Mar 2006

Well, let me see..... Let me do some calculations here....

&$((#)_&#^@_)_#_&$&@&#_)xx^$(&_#_++$^(^#(*^(+_+)@+ $*$(*^(#__($*%&%&, and then.... &#&^@*$)_%+_#(##%^)#(*$*. Of course there is always &^^#(%)__)_$*%&^%(*^@)@__$&%^%(*...

Hmmmmm, as well as I can figure it out, long as we have a crowd coming....

Granny
              sigpic

Comment

• Moonbeam
                • Mar 2006

the sale ends tomorrow so be quick... Nah Just joking!!! It'll be going for a while.... as the multitiudes flock there LOL ... we''ll keep it going for as long as we can afford to ...and crumbs leafroberts , if everyone bought 45 items -carumba!!! we could leave it at 50c an item forever LOL
                thanks guys and there is NO WAY were are going to be leaving this forum.. this is where we started and this is where we finish!!! WE dont even have a forum on our site and hopefully we may not need one - we are all hanging out here .. we are settled and at home with the family here so you dont get rid of us that easy

Comment

• Ladybug
                  Mad Scrapper
                  • Mar 2006

We want to thank everyone for their praise and support. It's your enthusiasm that really makes this worthwhile for us. I sure miss being around but now you can see why Granny and Moonbeam kept me in the dungeon. Please bear with us as we tweak the store so it works top notch for all our friends who visit us.

Ok, back to the dungeon, I have some more tweaking to do.
                  sigpic

Granny, MaggieMae and Moonbeam are my buddies!!!

Comment

• Moonbeam
                    • Mar 2006

Crumbs Lori.. You bloomin show off .. Look at that fancy signature will ya!
                    Now we know what you've been doing all week.. You haven't been working on the store have you.. you've been playing around making up your own little signature... well done NOW Get back to work will ya!
                    Last edited by Moonbeam; 11-08-2006, 05:36 AM.

Comment

• srussell
                      Digi Sage
                      • Feb 2006

Poor Lori... I can see why we haven't heard from her in a while... Moonbeam and Granny have had her chained to the computer desk for months now...
                      sigpic
                      Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
                      My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

Comment

• kristyc1994
                        Layout Whiz
                        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by srussell View Post
                        Gee, I go away for the weekend and I come back to a shopping mall!
                        WOW - I know how you feel....I've been gone a few days myself (out of town AND just not in a scrappin mood, too many very sad things have happened in the lives of friends I love this week!) and I come back and EVERYTHING on THIS site looks so different....that'll teach me to abandon my post!

Granny, Moonbeam, Ladybug - your store is WONDERFUL!!!! What a neat place to shop...I only had a few minutes to browse, but your stuff was just AMAZING! (Wow and can't beat the current prices! )

Steve - congrats too on opening this weekend! I've had a peek at your store too, and guys, it's FABULOUS! Can't wait!

Too many wonderful, talented people around here...wait....there can never be too many!

Love to all,
                        Kristy

Comment

• Granny
                          MAX! Mastermind
                          • Mar 2006

Hi KristyC.... We missed you! And I'm so sad to hear about your friends. It's terrible when things happen to people we love, specially I think because we feel so helpless. We want to ease their pain and we can't. I hope it will confort you knowing that they are fortunate to have a caring friend like you. Not enough of those in the world today. I hope things will get better soon for all involved.

And thank you for your kind words. You have all been an inspiration to us, and we are thrilled to be part of this community.

Have a quiet, peaceful day!

Granny
                          sigpic

Comment

• jadepatton
                            • Sep 2006

Copyright Question

Originally posted by Marion View Post
                            Both, Scrapbook max has the store and yes Moonbeam and Granny etc. design for them, but also they opened their own store. Here is the link. I was just there and it is wonderful! I am going to have to take on an extra part-time job now!

Marion

If I purchase templates from this store or even download freebies from this site or other websites can I use them in a website that I'm creating. I have downloaded a lot of templates and embellishments from Scrapbook Max forum and from other places on the web but I'm pretty new to this and I don't really understand the copyright issue. If I use a template or embellishment from several different sites do I need to make a link to that site on my website.... I hope I'm making myself clear ---- I'm so CONFUSED on that issue. Thanks for any help.
                            Jackie

Comment

• Ladybug
                              Mad Scrapper
                              • Mar 2006

Steve,

You aren't kidding when you say they have me chained. Believe me, if I even sneak a peak over here I get reprimanded. Just look at that post by Moonbeam - What slave drivers they are! I've been missing out on all the fun. What should I do? Who can I go to? Please, someone help me!!

Moonbeam,
                              I'm so sorry. I'm headed back to the dungeon as I type.
                              sigpic

Granny, MaggieMae and Moonbeam are my buddies!!!

Comment

• Granny
                                MAX! Mastermind
                                • Mar 2006

Hi Jackie... Welcome to the forum....

Thank you for being considerate and asking about the copyrighted material from other designers. It's very commendable that you want to respect other peoples work. Here are some thoughts to keep in mind.

The only thing you should display in your website are things you create yourself. When I say create, I mean you have a graphics editor like Photoshop, and you create the images from scratch. You make the shapes, you color them or add textures, etc.

Scanning images from magazines, copying them, downloading them and changing just the color or removing the background, or using clip art from the internet or cds is not creating. Those images are copyrighted to their creators. If you post them for someone else to use, you are violating the copyright.

If you have written permission from the original artist to use their stuff as part of your overall page, then you can use them. Make sure you really understand their terms, however. I have a few images from other designers in some of my templates, and some patterns that I use as a basis for my work, but I also have their written permission to use them. And I have paid them to use it.

Also, if you have a gallery in your website, people can upload images of what they have done with templates, but not the templates themselves, because then they would be sharing someone else's copyrighted work and that is a great big no no!

There are very stringent rules about what can be used for designing and for sharing, but they are necessary because there is so much confusion as to what is free to use and how to use it. People are under the misconception that because it's digital, they can use it or share it in any way the want.

It takes an enormous amount of time, work and money to designing, and just as many to make them available. Designers spend many resources learning, training, bying software and hardware they use in their work, advertising, hosting, bandwidth, etc. It's devastating when people do not respect our copyrights and freely distribute what did not come free to us.

Well, I did not mean to carry on and on, I just wanted to help you as much as possible to understand the issues involved. So again, unless you are creating the images yourself, or have written permission to use them in your website, then you should not use them.

Granny
                                Last edited by Granny; 11-08-2006, 01:02 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X