+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Question Questions regarding "STORES"

I'm totally confused about all these stores! It seems that everyone has their own store...... I THINK! Please forgive me but I just need to understand how this works... Does the Scrapbook Max have one store and all you talented people are designers/creators in that store? For example, a long time ago, Granny, Moonbeam and Ladybug were opening a store! I'm just confused if you actually opened that store or if your all part of one store.

As I see it...... If I'm not sure, then I'm positive that there are others in the forum who are wondering too! Do you have a main menu then select the artist? Just how does this work?

nie

Both, Scrapbook max has the store and yes Moonbeam and Granny etc. design for them, but also they opened their own store. Here is the link. I was just there and it is wonderful! I am going to have to take on an extra part-time job now!

www.digitalscrapbookcountry.com

Marion

Sure OnieRN, Scrapbook Max has it's own store which we access thru the Booster packs button at the top of the page ( with the cute teddy bear with the red hat) "max" has quite a few designers producing things for their store.
    Quite a few here have their own ( seperate from Scrapbook Max)store and some produce work for their own and also for "max" hence the confusion...
    Any other stores have no connection to Scrapbook max other than we all support SM and and promote their software on our websites ..because it IS the best around.
    WE all love Scrapbook Max and applaud them as being responsible for us learning Digital scrapping and making this possible for us!We will always be singing their praises
    Granny, Ladybug and I have just now ( today) opened http://www.digitalscrapbookcountry.com
    opening with incredible short term special of up to 83% off ... all 50c just to celebrate... It took us a long time but we made it
    Last edited by Moonbeam; 11-06-2006 at 07:32 PM.

Thumbs up I was checking out your store

I love what I see. I tried to registered but got a message that they do not support my address? I'm not sure what that was about! I will give it another try when I have more time to check it out! I wil say again, your work is beautiful!!!!

I plan to shop, once I'm finally registered...... hehehe! CHARGE!

nie

Default Just went browsing

thru your store and it's wonderful..you ladies have some beautiful things there...I think I may have to go on a shopping spree tomorrow..Congratulations I know it was a lot of hard work and I wish you much success.

Oh wow.....I didn't have a clue this was going on. Thanks for asking your question Onie!

Default Copyright Question

Quote Originally Posted by Marion View Post
    Both, Scrapbook max has the store and yes Moonbeam and Granny etc. design for them, but also they opened their own store. Here is the link. I was just there and it is wonderful! I am going to have to take on an extra part-time job now!

www.digitalscrapbookcountry.com

Marion

If I purchase templates from this store or even download freebies from this site or other websites can I use them in a website that I'm creating. I have downloaded a lot of templates and embellishments from Scrapbook Max forum and from other places on the web but I'm pretty new to this and I don't really understand the copyright issue. If I use a template or embellishment from several different sites do I need to make a link to that site on my website.... I hope I'm making myself clear ---- I'm so CONFUSED on that issue. Thanks for any help.
    Jackie

Steve,

You aren't kidding when you say they have me chained. Believe me, if I even sneak a peak over here I get reprimanded. Just look at that post by Moonbeam - What slave drivers they are! I've been missing out on all the fun. What should I do? Who can I go to? Please, someone help me!!

Moonbeam,
    I'm so sorry. I'm headed back to the dungeon as I type.

Granny, MaggieMae and Moonbeam are my buddies!!!

Hi Jackie... Welcome to the forum....

Thank you for being considerate and asking about the copyrighted material from other designers. It's very commendable that you want to respect other peoples work. Here are some thoughts to keep in mind.

The only thing you should display in your website are things you create yourself. When I say create, I mean you have a graphics editor like Photoshop, and you create the images from scratch. You make the shapes, you color them or add textures, etc.

Scanning images from magazines, copying them, downloading them and changing just the color or removing the background, or using clip art from the internet or cds is not creating. Those images are copyrighted to their creators. If you post them for someone else to use, you are violating the copyright.

If you have written permission from the original artist to use their stuff as part of your overall page, then you can use them. Make sure you really understand their terms, however. I have a few images from other designers in some of my templates, and some patterns that I use as a basis for my work, but I also have their written permission to use them. And I have paid them to use it.

Also, if you have a gallery in your website, people can upload images of what they have done with templates, but not the templates themselves, because then they would be sharing someone else's copyrighted work and that is a great big no no!

There are very stringent rules about what can be used for designing and for sharing, but they are necessary because there is so much confusion as to what is free to use and how to use it. People are under the misconception that because it's digital, they can use it or share it in any way the want.

It takes an enormous amount of time, work and money to designing, and just as many to make them available. Designers spend many resources learning, training, bying software and hardware they use in their work, advertising, hosting, bandwidth, etc. It's devastating when people do not respect our copyrights and freely distribute what did not come free to us.

Well, I did not mean to carry on and on, I just wanted to help you as much as possible to understand the issues involved. So again, unless you are creating the images yourself, or have written permission to use them in your website, then you should not use them.

Granny
    Last edited by Granny; 11-08-2006 at 01:02 PM.

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Default Thank You

Thank you that was very helpful however, I'm wondering what is the point of buying or using anyone else's stuff? I mean why would you want to download "freebies" if you can't use them. My website is actually just a memorial to my parents and would probably only be looked at by my family but I still don't want to infringe on copyrights. So I guess to be safe I should get photoshop elements or something and start making my own things.
    I appreciate your information.
    Jackie