X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • airyelle
    • Jul 2006

Adding purchased digital store templates to a new computer

I have the back up copy of SBM 2.0 on disc as well as my serial number. I also have two expansion packs I purchased on disc. I also purchased probably hundreds of dollars of templates and other digital things over the 9 years I've had SBM.

I purchased a new laptop with Windows 10 and have not started it up yet because I am prepping. I am terrified that I will not be able to get all of my stuff onto this new computer.

I understand that I can install the discs and they should go onto my new computer but what about all of the extra digital stuff I purchased and downloaded onto my computer that I imported into Scrapbook Max? Do I need to make a backup copy of what's on my computer now and use that instead? I am so confused.

Also, can I just install everything onto a flash drive and use that instead of putting it on the hard drive of my new laptop? I realize I am asking a lot of questions but I really appreciate any advice I can get as I don't want to lose all of the money I've put into SBM throughout the years.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer my questions or who has any tips.
    Renee' Thompson
  • Karin
    • Jan 2006

Hi Renee,

Thanks for your questions! Yes - to get SBM 2.0 and your two Mega Expansion Packs onto your new computer, you can install them from your back up disc (s).

For the digital kits and templates purchased in the store - did you save copies of the files you downloaded when purchasing individual kits and templates (that is, do you still have copies of the files that you downloaded and then had to click on to import the content into Scrapbook MAX! 2.0?) If so, you can put those files onto a flash drive, copy them onto your new computer, and then double-click on them to re-import them into Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 (but make sure that you've installed Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 first so that they have somewhere to import to).

Can you clarify what you mean by this:
    Also, can I just install everything onto a flash drive and use that instead of putting it on the hard drive of my new laptop?
    I'm not sure what exactly you're referring to here?

Thanks!
    Karin
    Last edited by Karin; 06-29-2016, 09:44 AM.

Comment

• airyelle
      • Jul 2006

Thanks so much for clarifying. I feel much more confident now.

I apologize my other question was a bit confusing. Rather than installing the program on my new computer, can I put the entire program on a large 126 GB flash drive and run it from there instead of eating up the memory on my new computer?
      Renee' Thompson

Comment

• Karin
        • Jan 2006

Hi Renee!

You will need to install Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 on the new computer.

Comment

Working...
        X