+ Reply to Thread

Default Unable to Access My Scrapbook Max Files/Projects

My computer crashed but I have a backup so can run Scrapbook Max on another computer in the house (via an external hard drive until I purchase a new computer). However the program has lost the link to the files so I'm unable to access any of my previous projects. Would you please let me know how I can fix this problem by re-establishing the link between the program and my data.

Hi Leonie,

By default, Scrapbook MAX! Projects are saved under My Documents > Scrapbook MAX! 2.0> Projects

So, you can make a copy of the folders found in the Projects folder on your old computer, and then copy them to the same location on the second computer where you've reinstalled the program. When you open up Scrapbook MAX!, you should see your projects ready to work with when you choose "Open a Saved Scrapbook"

Karin

(Thanks to Donna Thomas (autisticwonder) for the great blinkie!)
    Click here to grab your own Scrapbook MAX! banners and blinkies (scroll down to "Banners")

Thanks for responding Karin. However, when I open Scrapbook Max there are no projects showing. I can get around it by double clicking on the project and when asked by Windows using Scrapbook Max as the program to open my project. However the only thing not working now is that I am unable to upload any photos. It's very strange - no path at all yet I can link to the other objects such as embellishments. It appears to be it's lost the path to anything that is not contained within the Scrapbook Max program files.

Hi Leonie,

When you say you're double-clicking on the project, do you mean that you're going into the project folder in My Documents? (I'm just trying to better understand the steps you're taking...)

For the photos - where on your computer are your photos stored? Are you getting an error message at all in the program when you try to navigate to a photo?

As a work around, have you tried to drag and drop photos onto your pages (instead of browsing to them through the program)? Does that work?

Also, what operating system do you have on your computer?

Thanks!

Click here to grab your own Scrapbook MAX! banners and blinkies (scroll down to "Banners")

Default can't open projects out side of SBM

I am having a terrible problem. I have over 150 Sb saved in 1.o none will open i have made at least 15 and when I try to open them they tell me it is not a SBM file and will not open. I am at my witts end. I can not open anything. I am ready to leave and try and find another program that will save and open my files. I think you need to update SBM to win 8 and win 10. I am tired of trying, getting a progject finished and the4n not be able to export it to my picture files or open it at all, not even in SBM...............totally burnt out. Becky I download 2 free kits they did not go into
    SBM and I can not find them anywhere.
    Last edited by rhicks2010; 03-11-2016 at 06:16 PM. Reason: add other problems

Hi Becky,

Can you please tell me the exact steps you are taking to open your projects? If you get an error message, what exactly does it say and when does it appear?

Also, I'm not clear if you are using Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 or the Classic Edition (Version 1.0) - can you clarify?

What operating system do you have?

If you're trying to view projects made in version 1.0 using Scrapbook MAX!. 2.0 -- you can try going to Edit > Preferences in the Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 menu. Then choose Content, and choose to make all the content from version 1 visible in version 2.

If you are using version 1.0 on Windows 8 or 10 as your note seems to suggest, version 1.0 was designed before the release of these operating systems, and so we can't guarantee that version 1.0 will work with them. Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 does work with Windows 8 and 10.

As for free kits you mentioned, what file format are they (are they .smb files? or .smt or .sm2t)? When you say you can't find them, do you mean in the program or after downloading them to your computer?

G'day Karin,
    I click on the .sbm project file and when Windows asked me what program to use to open it, I default to Scrapbook Max. I haven't actually downloaded the program onto this computer because it's only on loan so everything is stored on an external hard drive from which I access all my programs and files. I'm not sure I'll be able to download the program because I don't have the download files, only the full program in my Program File_x_86. This computer's operating system is Windows 8 but I'll be going back to Windows 7 with the new computer. However, I have tried your drag and drop and am able to import photos that way. So I'm happy - can do all I need. Thank you - you've been extremely helpful and I very much appreciate your assistance.

Hi Leonie,

Glad you found a solution!

If you're in a need of a new set of download instructions in order to download/install the software on your new computer, please send us an email with this request (be sure to include you order number or invoice so we can locate you in our records). You can email us at support [at] scrapbookmax [dot] com

Thanks!

G'day Karin,

I'll take you up on your offer of a new set of download instructions when I receive my new computer (hopefully in about two weeks' time).

Thanks for your help. Leonie

Okay, Leonie - sounds good! Please send an email with your request when you're ready to support [at] scrapbookmax [dot] com and include your order number (and/or receipt).

Thanks!