X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rhicks2010
    • Dec 2015

Scrapbook Pages will not import for more editing

When I finish a page and export it, it goes into a different photo editing program which I know nothing about. It tells me the page is not smb format and I can not reopen the page in SBM. Plus I have alot of older kits that came from SBM that the program will not open, again says not a SBM format. Can you tell me how to handle this situation. I ordered the 2,0 version on disk.

Thank you
    Rebecca Hicks
  • Kimmyann
    Scrap Guru
    • Mar 2009

Rebecca,

Can you explain what your trying to do?

Are you trying to Publish to post online/email or to make a book.

Here is how to publish a page:
    File/Publish to Images/ (I use Custom-JPG-90-600x600 -(for email or website posting)) then OK ....... then go to SBM2 in My documents - Published file - Name of your scrapbook - find the published page there.

(The size of you page when published can change depending on what your wanting to do)

The only time I use export is when I am making templates.

You might have to edit your page in SBM, not SBM2.

You can use SBM kits in SBM2, but they don't import into SMB2. I go to SBM in my documents folder and bring in the parts of the kits I want to use. Karin can probably tell you the best way to handle that.

Hope this Helps
    Last edited by Kimmyann; 02-14-2016, 07:58 AM.
    Hugs!!

Comment

• Karin
      • Jan 2006

Hi Rebecca,

I'd like to help, too but need more information.

Can you tell us exactly what you are trying to do in Scrapbook MAX! and exactly what steps you are taking?

Also, if you are getting error messages, can you tell us exactly what they say?

With more information, we might be better able to figure out what you're seeing and why, and try to help you out.

Thanks!

Comment

• rhicks2010
        • Dec 2015

I am not trying to publish them. When I finish one I alway export to SBM templets or gallery what ever you want to call so I can go back and look at it or edit some more. It goes into a differant photo editing program and out of SBM, so I am trying to get it back into SBM. It tells me it is not a valid SBM file. I never had this problem before. Today is the first time I have made a purchase and if I can not get them into the program then I can not use them. Its pretty simple as to what is happening. But I have no idea why they are going to another program. I am missing about 2 doz page that was done over a year ago, the pages are blank. I thought about uninstalling and reinstalling the program but at the rate things seems to be going I will loose everything I have made. I have used SBM for over 10 years and never had any problems with it. I am really ready to move on if I can not get the problem fixed. I would love to have the antique papers I purchased today, but they will not go into the program, it is 2.0
        No error messages in SBM except for embelisments from SBM says not a valid SBM file.

Thanks
        Last edited by rhicks2010; 02-25-2016, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• rhicks2010
          • Dec 2015

I have the same problem, and it did not use to be like this. It is really agitating. My ruler is gone and i have no idea when I am at the edge. I am very disappointed in what had been done to SBM. I am ready to get a new program, and forget all the problems I am having.

Comment

• rhicks2010
            • Dec 2015

Sorry but advise did not solve the problem. I am very unhappy with how SBM has been changed.

Comment

• Karin
              • Jan 2006

Hi Rebecca,

Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 still has a ruler - we have not taken this out. I wonder if you have it turned off? You can go to View in the menu in order to enable the ruler feature.

Comment

Working...
              X