• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SBM Diane
    Digi Sage
    • Sep 2010

April 2015 Pocket Scrapbooking Challenge

Pocket scrapbooking has been around since I was a little girl and now is becoming popular again. I remember filling up those pockets with photos in my 3-ring binder albums that I had. This method is great for regular scrapbooking, as well as, hybrid, and digital scrapbooking. It makes it easier to scrap your every day moments. Not every pocket has to be a photo. Just insert a journal card and add embellishments to the rest of the layout. It provides everyone with a means to complete a daily layout without spending to much time on the design.

For this challenge I would like you to design a page using pockets like I have in my sample layout. You do not have to scraplift it. You can make your own pocket sizes. You can add all photos and a few embellishments, or add just one photo and dress up the rest of your layout with journal cards made from papers of the kit you are using, and additional embellishments. I made this template for the challenge using another designer's kit to show you an example. Have fun! I can't wait to see what you create.

• KapiScrap
    Scrap Guru
    • Jun 2010

Great challenge!!!
    Fantastic page layout, Diane!
    KapiScrap ScrapbookMAX store

Comment

• tin tin
      Digi Sage
      • Oct 2010

So if I am understanding correctly, each square is a pocket? Does the pocket mean you can put stuff inside it? I am confused?!? sorry!
      Somewhere in all the madness lies the beauty within

Comment

• Kimmyann
        Scrap Guru
        • Mar 2009

Pocket Layout is you fill a "page" with the shapes in BG or scrap papers and photos, then add elements (or not) to decorate your page. You can place elements on top of the pockets You can add journaling and Titles on top of the pockets also.

Hope this helps
        Hugs!!

Comment

• Kimmyann
          Scrap Guru
          • Mar 2009

Here is one I did

Hugs!!

Comment

• SBM Diane
            Digi Sage
            • Sep 2010

Awesome layout Kimmy! Thank you for joining in.

Tina, sorry for the confusion. Pocket scrapbooking is really an old trend of scrapbooking made new in the digital world. This template is actually shapes set up in the same style as clear plastic page protectors that are commonly used for traditional pocket scrapbooking. The clear pocket protectors are filled with photos, or photos with journal cards and memorabilia. There are no actual pockets on this template, but you could certainly add them to any of your shapes on the layout. All you need to do is clip your photos and papers to the shapes in the Scrapbook Max program, then dress up your page how you would like. You could add a pocket on top of a photo or element. There is no right or wrong way to create this type of layout.

A nice example of doing this type of scrapbooking digitally is, you can create the layout in any size you want, maybe one that fits in a 5 x 8 planner, make the page, print it out, and slip it into a protective sleeve for your Day Planner or other calendar you carry around with you. Have fun! If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask.
            Last edited by SBM Diane; 04-20-2015, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• cheesepiece
              Layout Whiz
              • Apr 2010

I love it Kimmyann its brlliannt. I don't know how you can get a LO done so quick.

This is a nice challenge Diane. I hope I will be able to join in.

Comment

• SBM Diane
                Digi Sage
                • Sep 2010

I hope so too Donna. I look forward to seeing your creations.

Comment

• tin tin
                  Digi Sage
                  • Oct 2010

oh! I got it now. Basically everything has it's place on the layout in squares lol.
                  I'll be back
                  Somewhere in all the madness lies the beauty within

Comment

• Kimmyann
                    Scrap Guru
                    • Mar 2009

Thanks Diane!!

Donna, I am just a Speed Scrapper Its called addiction!! I should have been sleeping instead of scrapping!! I just got home from work and should be showering and sleeping right now, but I had to check on My Ladies to see what they have done! Long hours for the next few months for Kimmyann!!
                    Hugs!!

Comment

• SBM Diane
                      Digi Sage
                      • Sep 2010

I know what you mean Kimmy. I am an addicted scrapbooker and crafter too. As if our personal lives are not busy enough! One must still find time to scrap, photograph, or work on other crafts. It is such a creative and relaxing outlet. Who needs sleep!

Comment

• Kimmyann
                        Scrap Guru
                        • Mar 2009

I DO!!!! I need Sleep!! I been getting about 5 hours and that 5 is not always uninterrupted!! working 6 days a week, driving 2 hours a day and working 10.5+ (some days 12s or more)
                        Hugs!!

Comment

• SBM Diane
                          Digi Sage
                          • Sep 2010

Yes, Kimmy you definitely do need sleep. Get some zzz's and stay healthy.

Comment

• KapiScrap
                            Scrap Guru
                            • Jun 2010

Great page layout Kimmy!
                            KapiScrap ScrapbookMAX store

Comment

• Kimmyann
                              Scrap Guru
                              • Mar 2009

Thanks Ladies!!
                              Hugs!!