X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stellanne
    • Aug 2014

Union Flag

I have been looking at the Lest We Forget kit by Carena. It is a great kit and a must have as soon as I saw it. For lots of reasons it ticks all my boxes, particularly as my family history encompasses so many important relations who served for the British Army.

No where have I managed to trace a 'flapping' Union Flag or a flag representing the other countries which make up the British Isles. In fact, it seems all the 'patriotic' kits feature around America, with a hint of Australia and New Zealand. N

This isn't a criticism.... Because the kits are great, but I would love a flapping flag in my ever increasing gallery of embellishments!!!

Hugs x x x x
  • autisticwonder
    Scrap Guru
    • Nov 2006

Good point!

It is such an extraordinary kit and her layouts are really wonderful!

The Union Flag...waving...good challenge for the designers to look for. Finding the flag is not hard...but finding one that is waving..more difficult...but NOT impossible!

We are limited in size by what we put on the posts for freebies..Wondering if someone can find this flag for you and drop the size if necessary!

Thanks Stellanne...let the fun challenge begin! When I searched...Soviet Union Flag, Brittish Flags, and Civil War flags came up...which one are you looking for? Brittish? or US?

Hugs,
    donna
    Last edited by autisticwonder; 01-25-2015, 06:19 AM.

Comment

• Stellanne
      • Aug 2014

Hi Donna..... The Union Flag is what is commonly called the Union Jack...... The British flag that is made up of the individual flags of the British Isles.....England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales. In one of the kits I have a 'static' flag......but really am envious of the American Flag in the 'Lest we Forget' kit. Carena is very talented, and I am happy to say love her kits so much I tend to just buy them. I like how they tend to be 'realistic' they suit my style. X x x xhugs x x x

Comment

• autisticwonder
        Scrap Guru
        • Nov 2006

Rusty effort!

Let's try this for ya...I'm rusty on my gradients...need practice..but this is a waving
        Union Flag! Hope it works for ya!

Union Jack waving flag 1.png

It's small..but enlarged to decent size for me in Max...

Enjoy!
        donna

Comment

• Stellanne
          • Aug 2014

Cool....thanks. You have even got it the right way up.......if it was upside down it would mean you were in distress and would probably need to be rescued. I am on my iPad at the moment....do I just double click it to download it......or do it as a photo...... Thanks again x x x xhugs x x

Comment

• autisticwonder
            Scrap Guru
            • Nov 2006

How to download the flag...

Sorry Stellanne! Forgot that part of download..

CLICK on image....
            THEN right click and SAVE IMAGE AS and send to your favorite location!

WOW...didn't know about turning the flag upside down!

Carena would have done a better job cleaning the edges on this than I...sorry! No expert in that arena!

Hope that helps!

Hugs,
            donna

Comment

• Stellanne
              • Aug 2014

You have done a great job Donna.....thanks again x x xhugs x x

Comment

• autisticwonder
                Scrap Guru
                • Nov 2006

You are so welcome Stellanne!

Comment

• rhicks2010
                  • Dec 2015

NO.... just get this to work. We buy the program the kits and cant export or even get a page that its finished to open with out ohhhhh an error occored, this was not created in SBM. I will keep writting until you can get this program working, or updated. I have ove 125 pages in 1.o that will not open and nothing i make in 2.0 will open or more to another pic program. If you are going to put this out here and charge us for at least make it work. I have been doing this for over 15 years and I have never seen such a mess in my life. We are in win 8 and 10 now catch up. very disappointed and will not be back until you can fix your problems. I am not searching fourms or anything else, at the very least you could give us is some on hand support. Becky

Comment

• Karin
                    • Jan 2006

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the Scrapbook MAX 2.0? Perhaps that will sort out what is going on on your particular system.

Without knowing the exact text of the error that you are getting and exactly the steps you are taking when you receive it, it's hard to give more specific support. Please send me the steps and the error message (what it says exactly) and I will try my best to help.

Thanks!

Comment

• autisticwonder
                      Scrap Guru
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by rhicks2010 View Post
                      NO.... just get this to work. We buy the program the kits and cant export or even get a page that its finished to open with out ohhhhh an error occored, this was not created in SBM. I will keep writting until you can get this program working, or updated. I have ove 125 pages in 1.o that will not open and nothing i make in 2.0 will open or more to another pic program. If you are going to put this out here and charge us for at least make it work. I have been doing this for over 15 years and I have never seen such a mess in my life. We are in win 8 and 10 now catch up. very disappointed and will not be back until you can fix your problems. I am not searching fourms or anything else, at the very least you could give us is some on hand support. Becky
                      Howdy Ms. Becky!

So sorry about your troubles. A lot of that going around lately and it's not always the programs you are installing but rather something that is corrupting the attempt such as security systems or unknown malicious malware on your computer. My recommend from experience with "issues"
                      of installing any new program or such:

1) Use a program like CCLEANER to run for a clean up of pesky "no no's" on your system conflicting with each other.
                      It also clears the cache. Kind of like cleaning the chalkboard. Run a security scan after that on your computer.

2) Uninstall any SBM on your system and then reinstall. Document any error messages.

3) Check your security system and make sure you allow /permission for MAX to run/install.

4) Take two aspirin and touch base with us on the error messages which often have numbers associated with it.

5) We have awesome guru's lirking in our mist here! LOVE to have all this worked out so others that may experience the same can be fixed too!

Comment

Working...
                      X