X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stellanne
    • Aug 2014

Copying pages to other 'book'

As you probably are aware I bought Scrapbook MAX purely for putting my family history into a book for future generations.......I am now hooked in alsorts of directions and really can't get enough of the challenges and learning the wonderful things the programme is capable of. The support is second to none.....thank you everyone.

So I still have loads of questions but the main stumbling block at the moment is transferring pages to another project. For example I am making books for my dad and his brothers.... The basic family tree is the same.

Is there a way of copying the tree I have made for Alec to start a project for my dad. Or do I have to make a brand new one even though the content will be exactly the same.

Thank you for your patience x x x x xhugs x x x
  • Kimmyann
    Scrap Guru
    • Mar 2009

I Hope someone here can Help you. The only way I know to do what your asking is to Publish your Book to images, and then copy your Published page in the Published file of the book your wanting to print.

Another way to have the working file in the book your wanting is this:
    Create a New Page in book 2 - Open SBM again (you will have 2 SBM running on tool bar at bottom)Open Book 1
    Go to Edit - Select - All (This will capture all objects - Not BG) I right click and group objects - Next Ctrl + C , then click Book two back up and Ctrl +V resize your group to fit page, then ungroup, then double click BG and find the BG paper used in Book 1.

Not Hard, You can Do It!!
    Hugs!!

Comment

• Stellanne
      • Aug 2014

Thanks Kimmyann, I will have a go and let you know how I get on x x x hugs x x

Comment

• Karin
        • Jan 2006

Hello!

You can use Page > Import from the menu to bring in a page from a previous scrapbook project into your current one.

Simply open the scrapbook you are working on, then choose Page> Import from the menu. Navigate to the 'original' scrapbook and then to the exact page from that book that you want to add to your current book, select it and click OK. It will be added to you current project.

Hope that answers your question! let me know if I can clarify anything. Thanks!

Comment

• autisticwonder
          Scrap Guru
          • Nov 2006

Good job KimmyAnn,
          That's the way I've always done it.

Since you use the page alot...I would
          Create a single new template album and name it FAMILY TREE..or such
          Copy the entire page of the Album with the tree on it..by left clicking your mouse and HOLDING it down while you are off the template and drag from top to bottom the entire image (you will see boxes catching all the items you want) and copy and paste into the NEW SINGLE TEMPLATE album named FAMILY TREE or such and then..
          Go to FILE, EXPort TEMPLATE, and then the ADD A PAGE feature will allow you to then bring it in any time you
          want it.
          Good Luck!

Comment

• Stellanne
            • Aug 2014

Dear me......I have to thank you all again..... There is so much to learn.... I will try this (as well as all the other stuff I am learning). I need to retire x x x xhugs x x x

Comment

• KapiScrap
              Scrap Guru
              • Jun 2010

Yes, the Copy-Paste function works pretty well.

The coordinates of all the objects are kept.

You'll have to add your background paper if the background paper has been added as a "background" object.

That's quick!
              KapiScrap ScrapbookMAX store

Comment

• Stellanne
                • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Kimmyann View Post
                I Hope someone here can Help you. The only way I know to do what your asking is to Publish your Book to images, and then copy your Published page in the Published file of the book your wanting to print.

Another way to have the working file in the book your wanting is this:
                Create a New Page in book 2 - Open SBM again (you will have 2 SBM running on tool bar at bottom)Open Book 1
                Go to Edit - Select - All (This will capture all objects - Not BG) I right click and group objects - Next Ctrl + C , then click Book two back up and Ctrl +V resize your group to fit page, then ungroup, then double click BG and find the BG paper used in Book 1.

Not Hard, You can Do It!!
                Tried this today Kimmyann, and it worked a treat...thanks again x x x hugs x x

Comment

Working...
                X