• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SBM Diane
    Digi Sage
    • Sep 2010

My Family History Challenge

I decided it was time for a family history challenge. This will be ongoing from month to month, so all of us have the opportunity to create a family history album. I have been wanting to do this, but never seem to have the time to finish an album. All that is required is to submit a family history layout, once per month until your album is complete. Try to use as much journaling as possible, as this tells the story of our ancestors. I know that for some photos we may only have dates, and that is okay. This will still be an important page in our album. You may also have layouts that just have journaling and no photos. If you have a lot of information, make a 2 page layout and use a matching kit, or Scrapbook Max's wonderful color tool. When the album is complete you may want to send it to a printer to have a book made.

This may be a great time to sit down with any living relatives and interview them. They will provide you with stories that you will cherish. I am looking forward to seeing everyone's layouts! Have fun researching!!

Here is one layout to get us started, a photo of my dad when he was a baby.

Last edited by Karin; 08-21-2014, 12:56 PM.

• Kimmyann
    Scrap Guru
    • Mar 2009

Awesome Challenge Diane!! I have tons of Pictures from all my Genealogy studies, but have never sat still long enough to scrap my stories.
    Hugs!!

Comment

• KapiScrap
      Scrap Guru
      • Jun 2010

Great challenge!
      KapiScrap ScrapbookMAX store

Comment

• cheesepiece
        Layout Whiz
        • Apr 2010

oh wow Diane, this will be a wonderful challenge. I am already anticipating everyone's
        pages.
        This is a challenge I would love to take part in, unfortunately I don't have the photograph's to participate as other family members have them.
        Beautful layout.

Comment

• Kimmyann
          Scrap Guru
          • Mar 2009

Here are my first 2 pages in my "Adams Book"

Hugs!!

Comment

• KapiScrap
            Scrap Guru
            • Jun 2010

Awesome!
            KapiScrap ScrapbookMAX store

Comment

• Kimmyann
              Scrap Guru
              • Mar 2009

Thanks Sandrine!!
              Hugs!!

Comment

• cheesepiece
                Layout Whiz
                • Apr 2010

I love your pages Kimmyann, can't wait to read more.

This is gonna be a great thread!!!!

Comment

• Kimmyann
                  Scrap Guru
                  • Mar 2009

Thanks Donna!! LOL... I have a Bunch, but can't get it all in scrapbook pages
                  Hugs!!

Comment

• SBM Diane
                    Digi Sage
                    • Sep 2010

Donna,

For now, if you have family stories that you would like to document you can scrap those without photos. If you receive the photos later you can always go back and edit your page to include them.

Check with your family members to see if they can send you copies of the photos. I scanned a lot of my old photos into my computer. Of course this takes some time. With the digital age, they can probably use their digital cameras to take a picture of each photograph and place them in a folder on their computer that they can then zip and e-mail to you. With the high megapixel smartphones these days they can probably take a picture of the image and send it to you via their smartphone. Hopefully one of these options can work out for you.

"This is a challenge I would love to take part in, unfortunately I don't have the photograph's to participate as other family members have them."
                    Last edited by SBM Diane; 08-11-2014, 07:42 AM.

Comment

• SBM Diane
                      Digi Sage
                      • Sep 2010

Awesome layouts Kimmy!!! A great start! I am hoping this challenge will be helpful to everyone wanting to learn about their family history.

Comment

• Kimmyann
                        Scrap Guru
                        • Mar 2009

Thanks Diane I have been studying my family history since 2002 I Got a lot
                        Hugs!!

Comment

• SBM Diane
                          Digi Sage
                          • Sep 2010

You are welcome Kimmy! I can't wait to read more!

Comment

• Letha
                            Layout Whiz
                            • Feb 2007

As you all know I have TONS of family history photos! My sister and I started our family history research in 1983. We still love getting old family photos and things. I have done a great deal of them so I will see what else I have hidden. This summer has been very busy so I will see if I have time to do some pages.

Diane GREAT CHALLENGE! You knew there was a way to get me here huh! LOL

Comment

• Kimmyann
                              Scrap Guru
                              • Mar 2009

Yea!! There's Letha!! Been Missing you here, but I get to see your post on FB
                              Hugs!!

Comment

Working...
                              X