+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Another

wow you have some awesome old photos too... I wish I did! I do not even know what my Grandparents looked like !

Sensational kimmy

I got a lot of old pictures while doing genealogy and meeting cousins who shared.

The photo in the last page I made came from me finding a cousin who was close to my Grand Pa. Sad thing is, Year prior to me finding him, my Grand Parents read in a news Paper that the cousin had passed away. It was someone else who had passed away, not our cousin.

I called him and told him who I was and made arrangements to go meet him. He had a box of pictures ready for me to go through when I got there. I was very excited.

He passed away about 6 months after us meeting. He and his wife had been married for 75 years!!

Thanks Kaye!!

WOW Deanne and Kaye, I am VERY honored! Thank you ladies for the compliments. I have fantastic content to work with!
    Kimmyann, your story is very similar to mine. My "Giggle Sister" and I are our family historians, and working with our church historian. We love visiting our older family and church members and going through their "Stash". I just love when folks say "Oh I don't have much" but when we get in and see we find a wealth of info, including beautiful pictures they have forgotten about. Our job is to pass it on to other family members who never knew.

I can't wait to see the new kit. For now, I am going to make time to use this one that I think I am going to keep coming back too for a long time.

letha, the honour is ours, you have such wonerful photos as has Kimmy!!

This kit is a wonderful kit for heritge photos also so I am sure you will use it a lot and we will love to see them all!

thats great Letha... Can I ask you ... while i am still working on putting it toh=gethr if you have any special requests for things you would like to see in the kit... you are the Old photo queen LOL let me know and I will try my best to put in the kit exactly what you need
    Even word art or the like.. what would you want it to say...

I agree Letha, they don't realize what they have in their stash..... It makes a world of difference when doing Genealogy to be able to put a face with the name, dates, and history found. It makes that person become more real to you and others in your family.

what about you Kimmyann do you have any ideas for things to put in a genealogy kit?