Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Saviscrap
    • Nov 2011

Well you could be semi monthly and you used to do great challenges what are you talking about!!

There is no reason why we can't have set challenges IE

recipe challenge - pick items that need to be used on the page eg - 6 flowers, 1 leaf, 2 buttons - you see what I mean
    scraplift challenge - choose someones gallery, a certain LO for everyone to copy in their own way
    Quote challenge - use a quote the host has picked in a LO
    Word art challenge - host makes a word art for all to use
    Mix 3 kits from different designers to make a LO
    Templaye challenge - host provides a template for all to use
    White space challenge
    scrap to the lyrics challenge
    Me myself and I challenge - scrappers might have to answer a series of questions in a LO
    Border challenge
    Heritage challenge

Comment

• Moonbeam
      • Mar 2006

But I found it so hard...thats a great list though...
      I don'y know if Admin is behind this or not? Do Challenges increase their sales? Not when only 6 or so same ones every time get involved. I wish I knew WHY, when there is always people on the site that they dont get into this... they are obviously interested in Scrapbooking or they wouldnt be here?

This has been hashed and re- hashed in the past.... Even with the fact that only a few designers and great regulars,put in the effort to do stuff like this when others just put their goods in the store and reap the benefits of a lively site.
      I truly think that it should be required of ALL designers to have a turn at hosting a challenge. I think to be fair it should be part of the criteria for becoming a designer here. SBMax does stipulate certain other things for designers e.g a new kit every ??month?? or something like that..
      IF everyone that is a part of the site here like designers for the store all did something that was assigned to keep people coming back surely it would move things. IF SBMax doesnt make it part of the criteria for using their store then there SHOULD be a reward for the girls that do put in so much work just to promote SBMax.
      Last edited by Moonbeam; 04-17-2014, 10:37 PM.

Comment

• Saviscrap
        • Nov 2011

I think definately challenges increase sales!! 100% totally, seeing how other sites operate.

Which is why I am so confused about it, someone should email this thread to karen...

Comment

• Moonbeam
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by wench View Post
          Well you could be semi monthly and you used to do great challenges what are you talking about!!

There is no reason why we can't have set challenges IE

recipe challenge - pick items that need to be used on the page eg - 6 flowers, 1 leaf, 2 buttons - you see what I mean
          scraplift challenge - choose someones gallery, a certain LO for everyone to copy in their own way
          Quote challenge - use a quote the host has picked in a LO
          Word art challenge - host makes a word art for all to use
          Mix 3 kits from different designers to make a LO
          Templaye challenge - host provides a template for all to use
          White space challenge
          scrap to the lyrics challenge
          Me myself and I challenge - scrappers might have to answer a series of questions in a LO
          Border challenge
          Heritage challenge
          I just sent it to Karin.
          All I know is that it made no difference at all to my sales , but I did it to do my part to keep the place interesting

Comment

• Saviscrap
            • Nov 2011

The job of the challenges is to direct people to more sales....why else would a designer do a challenge...really.

It will work, but there just has to be enough doing it.

Ok for instance, one site I visit has all designers (i don't know if all get involved) working on a kit that is themed, so say spring, each are given a palette and off they go to make a portion, and full sized ones too. they go for 1.00 each for about 2 weeks then normal price. They then have a challenge where people have to use a kit from this theme...it makes me buy...that is only 1 instance there are so many more.

Go to my blog check out my latest post and you will see what i mean

There needs to be a co-ordinator of these kinds of things on this site, with admin people, I only see karin....
            Another site is having an anniversary month with the owner celenbrates owning the store for 5 years and lots of fun things happen there.

MY Blog

Comment

• Moonbeam
              • Mar 2006

See what you've done Kimmyann!!! there are more than 300 views of this new threadLOL
              anyway I just started a FUNNY challenge if you want something to do!
              its here and its called Baby Contest Challenge

Comment

• Moonbeam
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by wench View Post
                The job of the challenges is to direct people to more sales....why else would a designer do a challenge...really.

It will work, but there just has to be enough doing it.

Ok for instance, one site I visit has all designers (i don't know if all get involved) working on a kit that is themed, so say spring, each are given a palette and off they go to make a portion, and full sized ones too. they go for 1.00 each for about 2 weeks then normal price. They then have a challenge where people have to use a kit from this theme...it makes me buy...that is only 1 instance there are so many more.

Go to my blog check out my latest post and you will see what i mean

There needs to be a co-ordinator of these kinds of things on this site, with admin people, I only see karin....
                Another site is having an anniversary month with the owner celenbrates owning the store for 5 years and lots of fun things happen there.

MY Blog
                Karin does a great job.. but maybe they need someone else on payroll as " Marketing Manager" for the site ... I nominate Kaye LOL

Comment

• Saviscrap
                  • Nov 2011

lol if I get paid...why not!

Comment

• Moonbeam
                    • Mar 2006

Hobby-based customers are very loyal to their hobbies and to their vendors. Developing a strong customer fan base serves the business well in hard economic times and through the ups and downs of business. If your product and customer servicing is great, and they are here then customers will keep coming back for more but things could be more enticing with the things you mentioned.. GREAT idea about quote:"a kit that is themed, say spring, each are given a palette and off they go to make a portion, and full sized ones too. they go for 1.00 each for about 2 weeks then normal price. They then have a challenge where people have to use a kit from this theme...it makes me buy...that is only 1 instance there are so many more." - Love the concept Kaye.

Comment

• Moonbeam
                      • Mar 2006

Kaye, you visit a lot of different scrapbook sites etc, What do YOU think is the difference?
                      Why do people GET INVOLVED there but NOT HERE?

Comment

• Saviscrap
                        • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Moonbeam View Post
                        Kaye, you visit a lot of different scrapbook sites etc, What do YOU think is the difference?
                        Why do people GET INVOLVED there but NOT HERE?
                        Community atmosphere and an interaction with designers!! Number 1 i think.
                        One site and a few girls here will know which one, has the owner being involved in the community, big plus, in fact I am sure a few I have seen has them involved.
                        They have blogs, giveaways, people LOVE things for free
                        Megakits where designers are involved with contributing.
                        Designers come into the forum and have sneal peaks at a new kit that is being released soon, offers to post a comment in the thread and a random person will win.
                        These kinds of things make people come back, and back, and back.

this site had a good community spirit, well has really with the few that are here.

Oh another at the moment with their celebrations has a post the most thread....winner wins a 25.00 voucher to the store.

Another thing, the store is very poorly designed....you can't even see good views of the kits. Designers need their CT emmbers pages advertised with the kit. That makes me buy, if I see a beautiful LO I am tempted to get the kit.

You know I have only ever bought ummm 2 kits here, and believe me I have a kazillion kits in my possesion....admittedly I have had a lot for free due to various reasons. but I have bought a lot too and mainly in just a couple of stores.

Comment

• Saviscrap
                          • Nov 2011

Designers are like mini famous people....people love interacting with their favourite designers, it's like meeting a celebrity!!

I know half our community is probably asleep, but anyone else please feel free to comment in this discussion!!

Comment

• Saviscrap
                            • Nov 2011

But scrapbook max STILL in my opinion has the BEST software for scraping in and I will ALWAYS use it for the bulk of my scrapping....except when i use a template and then I use Photoshop....but I still struggle using them as well as making up my own thing

Comment

• Moonbeam
                              • Mar 2006

Please Karin... we'd love to hear from you about what Admin thinks.
                              Kayes last few comments are absolutely spot on.
                              I agree SBMax is the best software.. I have always said Max will be King!
                              But like Kaye or even worse .. I have NEVER bought a kit from here ...in 7 YEARS of working here..NEVER!!!
                              because I agree with Kaye here too Quote " Another thing, the store is very poorly designed....you can't even see good views of the kits. Designers need their CT members pages advertised with the kit. That makes me buy, if I see a beautiful LO I am tempted to get the kit." IF ONLY we could have more than 5 images.. and had an array of CT display / sample pages and BIGGER.. I can never see the detail enough in a 400x400 image to make me decide whether to buy it or not.displayed in the store

I also think this site falls very short with the gallery view... you can only see a very very limited number of new kits as they are posted then they disappear... I love scrolling endlessly through the gallery on other scrapbook sites.... row after row page after page to your hearts delight... all we see here is a tiny tiny portion and sometimes even in the store with new releases all you get to see is newly approved stuff and if a designer has 15 different things all the same name and theme it appears very boring that that is all you see... the other new stuff disappears into oblivion...
                              A re-design if the gallery and viewing things in the store would greatly increase sales.
                              at the moment a potential customer has to select the designer they want to look at and go thru individual designers products... a better bigger gallery would be wonderful
                              Maybe this is why not a lot of people bother posting in the gallery as they do on other sites - simply because after a couple of days it's gone you cant find it.
                              I think your other ideas Kaye are full of merit too. these things take a lot of time and here again maybe admin would reap the benefits of extra staff to do this side of promotions
                              Last edited by Moonbeam; 04-18-2014, 02:07 AM.

Comment

• Saviscrap
                                • Nov 2011

Yes spot on Deanne, i would love to see other forum users comments here too, and those who are lurkers, to make this a better site the members need to tell admin why we want it a better, more user friendly site, then we too here can be as involved as many other stores.

it has the potential to be one of the best as it has the software.

There is a theme actually another place I know of that has pretty good software, and I know because I have it, and the forum is worse than here... hmmmmm

Comment

Working...
                                X