+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Program Issues

I am running SMB on a Mac. SBM was the reason I held off so long before getting my Mac. But I found out you can run any window program if you install a program called Parallels and then install a builder version of Windows 8. There is a bit of a learning curve, but you catch on real fast. So don't let that stop you.

Thanks Marion. You've really got me intrigued now. I've been researching what you told me and it looks like I have an easier workaround and wanted to run it by you. I already have SM on my desktop pc. If I leave it there, then don't I only need parallell? From the way it looks to me, I would share my Windows desktop with my Mac via Parallel and then I'd have SM access that way. Then, I wouldn't have to purchase a builder version of Windows 8. Do you know if I'm thinking correctly?

I'm so glad you posted this. I'm thrilled at the thought of having a MAC and still having my favorite scrapbooking program too.

I am really not sure. Are you wanting to run your windows pc through a network? Parallel allows you to run all your windows programs through your Mac in a separate window and you you can drag and drop directly from your pc to your mac. When I researched it, I needed to install a clean windows program and it had to be the builders program in order for it to work. There may be other ways and your way may work, but I really don't know for sure. Let me know if it works