• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • inasmith
    • Feb 2011

How to get back my kits after my computer crashed

Hi
    I hope someone will be able to help me. After my computer crashed I was able to re-install my Scrapbook Max 2.0 program and three expansion packs, but there are still 24 packs and kits that I have lost. Cleverbridge cannot help me as these three packs are the only ones they can trace on my account. I noticed on my credit card statements, however, that my other purchases were paid for to Indigo Rose. How do I contact them to try and retrieve those packs? I am really desperate. All my lovely projects of my two little grandsons are also gone.
    Ina
  • autisticwonder
    Scrap Guru
    • Nov 2006

Very sorry to hear of your misfortune with the computer crash! We all have experiences to share..I'm sure!

Sounds like some of these expansion packs may be older..thus Indigo Rose...If you go to your INBOX above and send an email to Karin ...she is the administrator...she will hopefully be able to help you with the remaining packs.. Let her know what has happened and give her another email that she can send you the links if still available!

That is a start...going to a computer whiz kid might help you retrieve some information off the hard drive...my problem too..going tomorrow to the Techno whiz kid! LOL.. but fortunate for me..most of my stuff was backed up by my external drive.

Best of luck!
    donna

Comment

• inasmith
      • Feb 2011

Thanks, Donna, I'll try that. Yes, I learned the hard way - the program and three packs I was able to retrieve are now on external hard drive AND dvd!

Comment

• Karin
        • Jan 2006

Hello!

Please send me an email at support [at] scrapbookmax [dot] com - if possible, please provide order numbers. I will see what I can do to help. Thanks!

P.S. Just for your information, Cleverbridge handles our sales for our software and expansion mega packs. Purchases of our individual Kits and Templates (in the Digital Scrapbooking Kit and Template Store) are not processed through Cleverbridge - that's what they will not have a record of your kit and template sales.

Comment

• inasmith
          • Feb 2011

Thanks, Karen, will do so immediately.

Comment

• MySweetPotato3
            • Jun 2010

I have a question that is related to this same topic. My computer crashed a few days before Christmas. Surprise! I got a much needed new laptop from MR. C! Anyway, we removed the hard drive from my old laptop and put it in an external hard drive. I then transfered all my files and programs to my new laptop. Everything has transfered and works except for ScrapbookMax. I keep getting an error that it is not responding. Any idea's on how to resolve this?

Comment

• autisticwonder
              Scrap Guru
              • Nov 2006

Assuming you used your exe. file for SBM of course to start up the new laptop...or disk to upload to new laptop

SBM usually comes with a few items when you first install it...check that they are working and see if error message
              comes up..If error message comes up when opening SBM...then UNINSTALL it and then REINSTALL..sometimes putting lots of new items on a new laptop causes heartache to the processor.. Too much work..

Once you reinstall Max..and sure it is functional...then upgrade to newest version by opening MAX and going to top bar
              and click on help...select update..

Once that is done..then check to see where the new files you uploaded to Max are...Be sure they are in the new file location..sometimes clicking on all the templates and smb files helps to install all the items better..Max is not sure where locations are..thus an error...

Not sure how you would know everything transferred if Max is not functioning..

Give that a try and give more information if that doesn't resolve!

GOOD LUCK!
              donna

Comment

• MySweetPotato3
                • Jun 2010

Thanks Donna, I just transferred from the old hard drive. What I meant by all other files transferred OK, was that all my pdf, excell, favorites, etc. transferred fine.

If I reinstall sbm from the disk then won't I loose all my albums? I was hoping if I transferred directly from the old hard drive that all my albums and new embellishments, papers, templates, etc would transfer too. It sounds like I am going to have to start from scratch, is that right?

I appreciate your help!

Comment

• Kimmyann
                  Scrap Guru
                  • Mar 2009

Once you get SBM on the New Laptop, you should be able to transfer (Copy and Paste) all your Albums and Stuff over.

Which SBM program do you have 1 0r 2? If you have SBM 2 all your Stuff (papers, Elements, and such should be in your documents on the hard drive your transfering from)
                  Hugs!!

Comment

• MySweetPotato3
                    • Jun 2010

SMB 2.

That is what I was hoping would happen. I just "copied" from the external hard drive and then tried to "paste" it onto the desktop. But it isn't working. I would be bummed if I lose the papers/embellishments/etc, but I will cry real tears if I loose all my albums!

Originally posted by Kimmyann View Post
                    Once you get SBM on the New Laptop, you should be able to transfer (Copy and Paste) all your Albums and Stuff over.

Which SBM program do you have 1 0r 2? If you have SBM 2 all your Stuff (papers, Elements, and such should be in your documents on the hard drive your transfering from)

Comment

• autisticwonder
                      Scrap Guru
                      • Nov 2006

Problem was SBM was not working..is that correct?

The file transfer won't be a big problem...Usually just copy your GALLERY and TEMPLATES folders and transfer those over to your new hard drive..You would have to open each of the folders and select all in the folder and then copy and paste them into the new SBM..

Do you have SBM updated on your new harddrive?

AS soon as we can figure out how to get Max to work..the rest will be easy!

Comment

• MySweetPotato3
                        • Jun 2010

Okay, I finally got SBM on my laptop and transferred all my embellishments/papers/etc.!!!! Yeah, that is a huge sigh of relief. But is there any way to transfer my albums?

Originally posted by autisticwonder View Post
                        Problem was SBM was not working..is that correct?

The file transfer won't be a big problem...Usually just copy your GALLERY and TEMPLATES folders and transfer those over to your new hard drive..You would have to open each of the folders and select all in the folder and then copy and paste them into the new SBM..

Do you have SBM updated on your new harddrive?

AS soon as we can figure out how to get Max to work..the rest will be easy!

Comment

• autisticwonder
                          Scrap Guru
                          • Nov 2006

Yes! You can get your albums...the way it works is this..

SBM>Templates usually found under MY DOCUMENTS instead of C drive Program Files...SBM...Templates

that stores all new templates you exported in SBM and downloaded from SBM site...

To retrieve your albums in the SAVED section where you did NOT export them you will find them in PROJECTS folder...So transfer that over..contents only to the new Projects folder..then you will see them show up in your SAVED templates section.

Open Scrapbookmax 2.0 in your MY DOCUMENTS section or C drive program files and select PROJECTS.......GALLERY, TEMPLATES, PUBLISHED will also be listed when you open it.

GOOD LUCK..hope that helps! GLAD to hear you have MAX up and running!
                          Last edited by autisticwonder; 01-06-2014, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• Kimmyann
                            Scrap Guru
                            • Mar 2009

Projects will be your albums you have made (If you didn't publish them)
                            Hugs!!

Comment

• MySweetPotato3
                              • Jun 2010

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! That serioulsy made my day, week, even my year!!! Some of the images are pretty stretched but I can work with that.

Originally posted by autisticwonder View Post
                              Yes! You can get your albums...the way it works is this..

SBM>Templates usually found under MY DOCUMENTS instead of C drive Program Files...SBM...Templates

that stores all new templates you exported in SBM and downloaded from SBM site...

To retrieve your albums in the SAVED section where you did NOT export them you will find them in PROJECTS folder...So transfer that over..contents only to the new Projects folder..then you will see them show up in your SAVED templates section.

Open Scrapbookmax 2.0 in your MY DOCUMENTS section or C drive program files and select PROJECTS.......GALLERY, TEMPLATES, PUBLISHED will also be listed when you open it.

GOOD LUCK..hope that helps! GLAD to hear you have MAX up and running!

Comment

Working...
                              X