X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MarshaLynn66
    • Oct 2013

Downloading kits...PLEASE HELP!

OK, I was able to do this a week or so back when I made my first kit purchases. I just purchased 9 more kits and for the life of me cannot remember how I got them to show up in SBM! Ive looked all over for the tutorial I used before but cant locate that either. Im a total blank tonight!! Can someone please tell me in kindergarten terms...LOL how to download my new kits. If at all possible, please dont give me a link to a tutorial because being new, Im not even understanding most of those at this point. SO MUCH TO LEARN! Please just give me step by step directions...Ill write them down I promise!
  • Kimmyann
    Scrap Guru
    • Mar 2009

Marsha, I always just click open and then it goes straight in my SMB program.

If your looking for your kits you ordered to DL
    Go the the store (click kits & Templates)
    on the far left side there is a tab called My Account click that
    About mid way you will see Completed orders click that
    Download which ever kits you need too

Hope this helps!!
    Hugs!!

Comment

• autisticwonder
      Scrap Guru
      • Nov 2006

They do make the kits really easy now to download..when you were given the download link..did you choose to save or run?
      Always good to SAVE one and run the other..that's what I do when I make purchases at the store..they are right there in your embellishment section..and don't forget to look in shapes for further parts of the kit..they aren't just papers and embies anymore! YEAH for shapes!! LOL Good luck!

Comment

• MarshaLynn66
        • Oct 2013

I must be more confused than I thought! I am able to find them in the store...I clicked on the 1st one and then double clicked the link it gave. After that they appear in my documents folders I created...where the others are I purchased before. But not showing up inside the SBM program...looked under embellishments and paper scraps, no new ones there. I cant believe I have forgot this just from a week ago! UGGGG!

Comment

• Kimmyann
          Scrap Guru
          • Mar 2009

Can you see the other kits from your folder in SBM program if you look for paper or embellies?

Once in your folder do you double click and they install in SBM?
          Hugs!!

Comment

• MarshaLynn66
            • Oct 2013

Yes I can see the ones I purchased. But when I double click on one of them, I get an error that says cannot be found!

Comment

• Kimmyann
              Scrap Guru
              • Mar 2009

Hmmmm... maybe redownload and click open this time instead of Save.

When it goes into SBM2, it also goes into my documents, SBM2, Gallery.... BG, Ell, Scrap, Shape
              Last edited by Kimmyann; 10-31-2013, 08:30 PM.
              Hugs!!

Comment

• MarshaLynn66
                • Oct 2013

Here is exactly what Im doing, maybe you can pinpoint where Im going wrong. I go to completed orders and click on "download" next to the one I want to download. It says "files for Terra Cotta Rose Kit" with the link below it, I click that link to download. Documents library pops up...I see the 2 kits I purchased last week. (This folder is named "Imported") I click on SAVE and Terra Cotta is downloaded into this IMPORTED file. Now once I click on Terra Cotta, SMB pops up like Im going to start a new scrapbook, but theres another pop up that says error, couldnt be loaded. If I double click Terra Cotta and choose OPEN from the drop down menu, I get same error. Out of curiosity, while I was in this IMPORTED folder, I clicked on one of my previously purchased kits and it too says cant be loaded. I know this kit is fine because I have scrapped with it before and it appears in my embies folder inside the software. I deleted all my new purchases and downloaded them all again and still no changes. Im starting to get real upset cause I just dropped $40 on these 9 kits and they wont load or go over to the software. Im totally lost and more confused than ever!

Comment

• Kimmyann
                  Scrap Guru
                  • Mar 2009

When is the last time you rebooted your computer? Reason I am saying that is I was having lots of trouble with SBM and my picture program and I was ready to chunk it in the road and run over it. I decided to reboot and Poof both programs started acting right. Don't know if this could be an issue, but might help?

When I buy a program, and click the link to DL, I always just choose Open and it always goes straight into SBM. It goes to my documents. Then I back up My Documents and the kits are in the back up.

Maybe Karin can pop in and help you better than me. I am Sorry your having troubles Dear!! I don't know what it could be forsure.
                  Hugs!!

Comment

• MarshaLynn66
                    • Oct 2013

I rebooted 4 times already since starting this thread and it still says they cant be loaded...all 9 of them. I cant imagine what the problem is. When you say "When I buy a program, and click the link to DL, I always just choose Open and it always goes straight into SBM."...are you choosing OPEN from within the documents folder where you have it stored? Because when I do that or choose OPEN WITH, Im still getting the cant load error. When I click on the actual download link from "completed orders" it just downloads, no option to SAVE. I would accept a single file being corupt or just not working but not all 9 of them. Just shaking my head at this point. Thanks for hangin in here with me this long...I think Im gonna give it up for the night. >SIGH!<

Comment

• Kimmyann
                      Scrap Guru
                      • Mar 2009

Marsha, the only other thing I can think of is SBM might be confused.....lol

I saw where you are going to uninstall and reinstall. Maybe let the program install the way its setting are, (meaning, don't make your own folder- let it make a folder where it wants it to go)and then try to DL your programs and see if everything will workout.
                      Hugs!!

Comment

Working...
                      X