• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carena
    Digi Sage
    • Jun 2007

Carena's GROOVE Challenge

OK I know many of you have been asking for challenges - well I have one for you.

Carena's Recipe Challenge
    Steps:

1. Make a page with a solid white background.
    2. Choose one color to feature (in my example I choose blue)
    You can use only tones of your colour choice with black & white in your layout. (in my example the flower buds had small amounts of green - so long as it's minimal)
    3. Use a shape to frame your entire page and color it either Black or your color choice.
    4. Add a Black and White photo and tint it in the smallest amounts of your chosen color. Must be barely detectable.
    5. Add 8 to 15 embellishments to your page. Remember only in your color tones or black and white. How you arrange them is up to you.
    6. Add some text in various sizes - a quote/verse.
    7. Remember to add shadows to all of your elements to give depth of field. Don't over do it. Remember the rules of shadows - the greater the distance from the item to the surface - the further away the element - the closer the element the closer the shadow. Image your elements are laying on top of a piece of paper with the light coming from the top and slightly to the side.
    8. Lastly save and share your layout with us in the forum and gallery. Remember to give credits for the designer and kit used in your layouts in the gallery.

Here is my layout example for you to have a look at. I hope it helps inspire you and helps you understand my instructions.

Above is my Challenge Layout

Below is the kit I used: Natural Breeze by Carena's Designs
    Available at Scrapbook Max Store HERE

PRIZE for Participation

For everyone who joins me in the forum and participates in the challenge I have a CHALLENGE PARTICIPATION GIFT: Loving Breeze Paper and Clusters by Carena's Designs
    Challenge is OPEN from now until end of May so you have plenty of time to participate.

FREE MINI ABOVE with Challenge Participaton

Lastly Reminder of my SALE - Limited to 1 week - GO HERE to ENJOY
    REMEMBER NOW until 3rd May 2013 - 20% OFF Sale in Carena's Designs
    20% OFF from NOW until 3rd May 2013 (coupon below)
    Hurry to enjoy the savings in my store HERE.
    Have a great scrapping day. Cheers from Carena's Designs

SEE Below for Sale COUPON
    To get 20% off on Carena's kits, please visit Carena's category in the Scrapbook MAX! Digital Kits and Templates Store. Add a minimum of $5 worth of Carena's kits to your cart, then type in the code CLUSTERS exactly as shown into the 'Coupon Code' field before checkout. You must type in the code at the time of purchase to get the discount. Hurry - offer is one week only and ends on May 3, 2013!
    Note: Offer applies only to digital kits and templates sold in the Scrapbook MAX! Digital Scrapbooking Kits and Templates Store, on orders of $5 or more. Coupon code CLUSTERS must be typed in the coupon code field before checking out. Valid on new orders only, expires May 3, 2013. Cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts.
    Kind wishes from Carena
    Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
    Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.
  • Kimmyann
    Scrap Guru
    • Mar 2009

Yahoooo!!! Carena is Back with a Challenge!! I will see what I can come up with for this!!!
    Hugs!!

Comment

• Saviscrap
      • Nov 2011

And it is a GROOVE challenge!

Comment

• KapiScrap
        Scrap Guru
        • Jun 2010

Originally posted by wench View Post
        And it is a GROOVE challenge!
        YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great, Carena!

Happy to read something about the SHADOWS. I think that it's really important. So I hope that a lot of people will be careful with them.
        KapiScrap ScrapbookMAX store

Comment

• tin tin
          Digi Sage
          • Oct 2010

I am soo excited for this challenge; I OWN THIS KIT AND LOVE IT, ABSOLULTELY LOVE IT!!!
          Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.
          Somewhere in all the madness lies the beauty within

Comment

• cheesepiece
            Layout Whiz
            • Apr 2010

Here is mine, quick I know but I won't be around, got things going on just now so I wanted to get this done. Thanks for hosting Carena.

Comment

• Kimmyann
              Scrap Guru
              • Mar 2009

Great LO Donna
              Hugs!!

Comment

• Kimmyann
                Scrap Guru
                • Mar 2009

I am SO SAD Today. I had to do this in Blue!!

I used Days Gone By Papers recolored and Items from Lest we forget created by the Awesome Carena
                other items from here and there

Hugs!!

Comment

• Carena
                  Digi Sage
                  • Jun 2007

Donna - great layout - special thanks for joining the challenge especially if you are really busy this month. You are awesome. Hugs

Kimmyann - George Jones Layout. Oh my - I hadn't heard of his passing. So sad but not a bad age to live to, so I guess we have to look on it as being a good long life. This is how I look at it now days. Mum is 80 years old and her health isn't what it used to be. We need to celebrate their lives. Love the layout but really you have something wrong in your post - at least the "awesome Carena" part. You are so funny!
                  Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• cheesepiece
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Apr 2010

Thanks Kimmyann. Love your LO...I played some of George's tunes today....nice.

Thanks Carena... I have some health issues to deal with at the moment, but I'll be back soon I hope.
                    The pic in my page is my daughter and grandaughter and the elements are my own...I forgot to say.

Comment

• Carena
                      Digi Sage
                      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by cheesepiece View Post
                      Thanks Kimmyann. Love your LO...I played some of George's tunes today....nice.

Thanks Carena... I have some health issues to deal with at the moment, but I'll be back soon I hope.
                      The pic in my page is my daughter and grandaughter and the elements are my own...I forgot to say.
                      Great work - take care of yourself and get better soon. Hugs
                      Kind wishes from Carena

Comment

• Kimmyann
                        Scrap Guru
                        • Mar 2009

I Agree Carena!! He would have been 82 and with the Life he chose he lived longer than some thought. His Music will Live For Ever (O he had a sone named that ) I got to see him in person one time and I live about 10 miles from where he was raised

Donna, Take care of yourself!!! I am sending Hugs and Prayers your way!!!

O Ya, Now Carena, if I think your Awesome, your Awesome!!!
                        Hugs!!

Comment

• fonzzy
                          Layout Whiz
                          • Feb 2011

Comment

• Kimmyann
                            Scrap Guru
                            • Mar 2009

Awww Fonzzy!!! That is Wonderful!!!
                            Hugs!!

Comment

• Saviscrap
                              • Nov 2011

Fantastic jobs everyone!! It is so nice to have a groove challenge again and a newsletter!
                              Thanks Carena for making it very interesting and Thank you SBM for making it possible.

Here is my LO

Comment

Working...
                              X