Setting Page Size for Avery Labels? What am I doing wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • colmcb
    • Apr 2013

Setting Page Size for Avery Labels? What am I doing wrong?

Hi everyone:

First, thanks so much for the help on figuring out page sizes, saving as images, etc. I'm beginning to understand this all a lot better and I just cannot get over how helpful everyone on this forum is. You are all such an inspiration!

Now I need to do labels but have played around with it and can't seem to figure this out. I'm hoping someone has done this before.

I have an image saved and want to print multiples (there are 2 to a page) on an Avery label. The label is #8164 which says the labels are 3-1/3 x 4". I've saved my image as 3.33 in. x 4 in. I think that's correct??

Now I assume I add a new page and set page size up for the full sheet of labels? I'm not sure how to correctly place the images on the page to account for margins, perforations, etc. Can someone please walk me through this?

I tried to go in to Word and set it up just to see if I was doing it right. The page is set for #8164 and I can see the perforations on the template but when I "insert" my image they don't fit correctly and I have to resize it so I lose part of the image.

Thanks for any help on this.
  • KapiScrap
    Scrap Guru
    • Jun 2010

If you're using an Avery labels sheet, your images will have to fit exactly the labels... so I'm afraid that you'll have to layout them manually...

You could try to create a table in word for instance... If for instance your labels sheets has 3 columns of labels and 8 lines... then create a table with 3 columns and 8 lines and add each image within each cell... and make a try to print them... then you could adjust the layout... Once you've found the perfect layout, save it as a sample that you could reuse in the future.

Be sure to add no color for the borders' cells of your table.

Hope that it helps.

Sandrine
    KapiScrap ScrapbookMAX store

Comment

• colmcb
      • Apr 2013

Hi Sandrine:

Ok, I'll try that. So basically I can't do that setup for the labels in SBM at all, correct? It's better to do it in Word or another program?

Comment

• KapiScrap
        Scrap Guru
        • Jun 2010

You could, of course... But I think that it'll be easier to create a table to fit the labels sheet :-)
        KapiScrap ScrapbookMAX store

Comment

Working...
        X