X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cheesepiece
    Layout Whiz
    • Apr 2010

Hey Kimmy, Great page..I hope it's going on the wall at work!

Didn't get much sleep...not feeling to good, so I had a go at another white page. One of my fave photo's of Robyn as a baby.

Comment

• fonzzy
      Layout Whiz
      • Feb 2011

I am here Kimmyann just got back from Sydney and now I have friends for dinner try and get to lols tomorrow fonzzy

Comment

• Saviscrap
        • Nov 2011

Originally posted by cheesepiece View Post
        My white page

Love this Donna well done

Comment

• Saviscrap
          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Kimmyann View Post
          Great Job Donna!!

Here is another FULL Page.... it don't have alot of Elements, But this one has Pleanty of Words

Hahaha Kimmy you should have tht up at work, well done

Comment

• Saviscrap
            • Nov 2011

Originally posted by cheesepiece View Post
            Hey Kimmy, Great page..I hope it's going on the wall at work!

Didn't get much sleep...not feeling to good, so I had a go at another white page. One of my fave photo's of Robyn as a baby.

Beautifully framed nice job you are doing well with the white space

Comment

• Saviscrap
              • Nov 2011

Was wondering where you were Fonzy we were going to send out a search party!

Comment

• tin tin
                Digi Sage
                • Oct 2010

I love the look of everyone's pages! I have to say I am having trouble. I tried a couple of white space pages, and I feel like they are naked. I keep starting over! I am sure I will get one up here soon though that I like.
                Somewhere in all the madness lies the beauty within

Comment

• cheesepiece
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Apr 2010

Another full page to even it up...I find these much harder to produce than the white space pages.

Comment

• Kimmyann
                    Scrap Guru
                    • Mar 2009

Thanks Ladies!! Yes its going on my wall at work I love some of the sayings!! The only one I am missing is "You Can't Fix Stupid"

Awesome Pages Donna!!

Tina the White space pages are hard for me too it Looks Naked!!

Glad to know your OK Fonzzy!!
                    Hugs!!

Comment

• Saviscrap
                      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by tin tin View Post
                      I love the look of everyone's pages! I have to say I am having trouble. I tried a couple of white space pages, and I feel like they are naked. I keep starting over! I am sure I will get one up here soon though that I like.
                      What do you find hard about it Tina, can we help in some way? My suggestion is to start with a photo, make it small somewhere on the page and then put a few embies around it..actually pick a BG paper after the photo. and fiddle till it looks right. What i do a lot too is to make it big to start with do the embies then shrink it right down.

Comment

• Saviscrap
                        • Nov 2011

Donna I agree the busy ones are much harder, you have done well though. I will send out some alpha now to you who have completed the task.

Sorry Kimmy I didn't see your white space LO, well done, you did control yourself :-)

So Donna and Kimmy you have a PM coming your way.

Comment

• cheesepiece
                          Layout Whiz
                          • Apr 2010

I do it the same way as you Kaye only I do a bg first. If you like it big and minimal on the page it will be ok when you shrink it. For me it was about fitiing it to the bg, as thats what you see first and it should pull you into the LO. The bg has to be bold enough to carry it off. I really enjoyed the white space.

The full pages were much , much more harder for me. I found them frustrating. I just thought they were messy and really difficult to fill to make things look like they belonged. I was happy enough with the result in the end but felt they could be better.

You really pushed us on this one Kaye, It was a toughie. Thank you for hosting...and for the gift of those lovely alpha's.

Comment

• Saviscrap
                            • Nov 2011

I agree Donna the full Lo's are difficult and can be frustrating I am still to master it, I tried doing another last night but ended up getting ridof it cause it just looked messy. I do like doing white space ones, however I don't think I would ever put one into a book! But it is nice to be able to master each different way of doing a lo.

I am going to add a third element to this challenge, I want you to do a lo the way you like doing them, use the kind of kit you like working with. Love to see the results.

Comment

• cheesepiece
                              Layout Whiz
                              • Apr 2010

Blair Tower

I have this LO for the do your own thing with the challenge. I'm starting to enjoy word art and I like a bit of drama too. I have wanted to do a scene LO but not confident on that. I dunno what this page would come under, but it's what I wanted to do.

A bit of history to go along with this page....
                              This is Blair Tower. It stands in the village where I grew up. My bedroom window looked out onto the fields where it still stands.
                              I have many happy memories of Blair Tower. I played there as a child, my mother sent us up with big bowls to collect the Brambles (Blackberries) Blackcurrants and rhubarb that grew nearby, from which she baked pies on a Sunday.
                              We had many adventures. My brother broke his arm trying to climb up it. I believe I even Kissed a boy as a teenager too.
                              It was the first thing I saw in the morning and last thing at night. It has always fascinated me.
                              I no longer live in that wee village, but my older children and their families do. More of my family live in some of the surrounding villages.
                              When I drive over from the City to see them, Blair Tower is the first thing I see and it makes me feel like I am going home.
                              Oh Happy Day's.
                              Right enough of memory lane. I hope you like my page.

Last edited by cheesepiece; 04-15-2013, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• fonzzy
                                Layout Whiz
                                • Feb 2011

No 1

Comment

Working...
                                X