• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • colmcb
    • Apr 2013

Brand New - don't understand how to do a backup

Hi everyone:

I have just purchased my SBM 2.0 and I am thrilled! Woo Hoo!!

I have a question though, and I'm sure it will be the first of many. When I received the email with my download and serial number, etc., it said to make sure that I make a backup copy of it on a CD or somewhere. I have been trying to figure out how to do that. I've searched the forums but the only thing I find is a post about backing it up but no explanation how to.

What file am I looking for and where? I have a PC (not a Mac). I have no idea how to back up an entire program. Any information that anyone can give me would be much appreciated.

Thank you so much.

Colleen
  • KapiScrap
    Scrap Guru
    • Jun 2010

Colleen,

You've downloaded a file called install-scrapbook-max (about 71 Mb).

That's the file you should backup, in case of. To back up... you can copy it on an external drive or burn a CD... then if you have an issue with your PC, you could easily reinstall Scrapbook MAX from your backup... in double clicking on this file ie install-scrapbook-max.

Sandrine
    KapiScrap ScrapbookMAX store

Comment

• colmcb
      • Apr 2013

Hi Sandrine:

Thank you SO much for getting back to me so quickly. OK, I found that file on my hard drive by doing a search. Now how do I back it up? Do I just right click, copy, and then "paste" on to a CD? I don't think I have ever backed up an entire program before and I apologize for not having a clue here.

Comment

• KapiScrap
        Scrap Guru
        • Jun 2010

You're welcome.

Burn the CD as you usually do. I believe that you know how to burn a CD with datas (for instance image files - photos -)? That's the same process. Forget that it's a "program". Consider that install-scrapbook-max is only a file, and it is :-)

I've answered your other question (other post).

Now time for me to go to bed. I'm in France.

Hope that it helps.

Sandrine

Comment

• colmcb
          • Apr 2013

Thank you again - and have a great night!

Comment

• KapiScrap
            Scrap Guru
            • Jun 2010

BTW - Don't forget to also backup the Expansion Packs :-)

Life is beautiful is the one which comes with Scrapbook MAX (life-is-beautiful-expansion-pack).

Have a nice day.

Sandrine

Comment

Working...
            X