Template: Touch of Spring (Screen Resolution)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jessica
    • Feb 2006

Template: Touch of Spring (Screen Resolution)

another one to put everyone in the mood for spring, since the weather is getting warmer (in my area, at least !)
    Attached Files
  • Ladybug
    Mad Scrapper
    • Mar 2006

Thanks Jessica! This is an awesome layout for Spring. Can't wait to use it.

Ladybug
    sigpic

Granny, MaggieMae and Moonbeam are my buddies!!!

Comment

• Corey
      Layout Whiz
      • Jan 2006

Nice one...

I can hardly wait for spring. We've had two solid weeks of fog for some reason. It looks like Siberia. My cat is all floppy and disconsolate. It was a short, incredibly warm winter so I have no call to gripe, but I must say it certainly seems to be dragging it's feet on the way out.
      Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at .

Comment

• JoJo
        • Mar 2006

nice one

Nice one Jessica, will use that one for sure,thanks.
        I must say i am looking forward to a bit of cool weather myself, been a hot summer here downunder.
        JoJo

Comment

• Corey
          Layout Whiz
          • Jan 2006

Oh yeah, you guys are getting your cool season at the same time as we are getting our hot season. I forgot about that... I spent some time in Trinidad as a kid, the rainy or "monsoon" season starts there in about May. Meanwhile here in Calgary May is the month where gardeners put out their flowers and bedding plants for their summer.

I can hardly wait until someone invents a way for you guys to ship your excess summer days up here to us in the icy north. We could sure use them.
          Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at .

Comment

• Jessica
            • Feb 2006

yes indeed. We're sick of winter here up in the northen part of north america !!

Comment

• Jessica
              • Feb 2006

as for my template, i've been looking at it again, and I don't like it so much... I feel it's missing something, it's too plain... Any ideas ??

Comment

• Corey
                Layout Whiz
                • Jan 2006

Did someone say "idea"?

Anyhow I could post ideas all day but I'll pick just one - see attached. Basically the concept here, for better or worse, was to "tie in" your page elements. Also by placing it like I did, the bottom of the letters occur within the open space between your objects which creates a "point of interest" to the eye. The result is that your eye is naturally drawn to that area. That should balance/harmonize out the top photo a bit. In other words, once you have a photo in place it should "bond" with that embellishment and the result will be that instead of having all the focus at the top there, the focus will be a bit more central to the page. Or hopefully anyhow.

It's a bit bold but it's good to make a statement sometimes. Of course you may possibly want to arrange some of your flowers to be atop the bottom swoops of the "springtime" embellishment or whatever, this is just a quick mock up of the idea. Also attached are a few variations on the embellishment (plain + full + no shadow) used so you can try it if you like. Enjoy!
                Attached Files

Comment

• Jessica
                  • Feb 2006

yes, nice indeed, thanks !

Comment

• Corey
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Jan 2006

Incidentally for anyone who may be wondering, that font is called Scriptina and it is the nicest script font I have ever seen. In my opinion it is an absolute "must have" for all digiscrappers. You can get it here for free:

Comment

• Marshalynn
                      • May 2009

Love it, tyvm for the share!
                      sigpic

My scrappin pals are Sylvia Esther, Kimmyann & ValerieElaine...with more to come!!!

Me thinks I need additional income, Ive just discovered the SBM Store!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X