+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I Agree with all comments. SBM was great at one time, but I feel with Designers hands being tied, answers not happening quickly, and Facebook coming into the picture and taking the place of the Groove it has slowly choking its self out.

I have Always opened SBM first thing to see whats happening. Years ago when you would open SBM there was several pages of post to go through read and see LOs. Now its Dead.... Sometimes there are only a few post to read, if any???

I understand that Life is busy now days, but I still come and check on my Scrapping buddies. I hope SBM don't go by the Wayside.

The Challenges do Help newbies Learn.
    I will always remember my First Challenge. Fiona hosted it; I had just got my software and couldn't figure out how to even turn the picture.... lol it took me Hours to make one page. I kept asking questions and everyone HELPED and was excited to Help!!! Now the newbies ask questions and there are only a few that try to help. This could also hurt sales of the program!!! I told everyone about this awesome new program, but if I wouldn't have had the help, do you think I would have???

I don't know the answer to the problem, but I do feel more involvement by SBM owners and IT, would be one answer. You have to be involved or it will wilt away. I know the Designers use to be involved greatly, but if they are frustrated they will get burnt out. Which causes another issue, like what we are seeing now.

SBM is the Coach - The coach's Job Keep the Team going encouraging and removing road blocks so the Team can perform at the highest Level possible

Just my thoughts on this subject

I have to agree. If this forum completely dies it will be so sad for me. The reason I found SB max was to complete three wedding albums in one year. I was more of a lurker. Looking at layouts checking out challanges ( never have done one myself, SORRY). I learned alot and my sisters were very happy with their wedding albums. I still come here every morning to read the couple of threads but it is so slow and questions not answered to newbies I worry the software will disappear for good. I hope not.

Just my thoughts to agree with yours.

I agree with everyone here at the forum. Scrapbook Max was the reason I started digital scrapbooking in the first place. I am just not comfortable creating layouts in other software. I would hate to see this disappear. I have always enjoyed doing the challenges here, especially the ones where I learned advanced SBM techniques, because the manual I printed out does not teach you how to use Scrapbook Max to its fullest potential.

I miss all the fun times here. Free gifts are not important to me. I just like doing the challenges to learn and to chat with everyone here. I want to thank everyone at the forum for all their time spent putting these challenges together to help us grow. I hope that the forum goes back to what it once was.

Sandrine, thank you for answering our technical questions here at the forum.
    Last edited by SBM Diane; 03-26-2013 at 10:35 AM.

Hello!

I've used many different software products and I definitively prefer SBM for many reasons: powerful, performance., etc. The list of great features is so long! And also because the drag and drop feature is a GREAT feature... it allows to design easily the layouts... I know very well Photoshop which offers a lot of advantages... but it's expensive and each layout is a file... so as a result you'll get huge files (that requires an important disk space to save all your original files if you want to be able to edit them later...). The scrapbook feature of SBM is really great as you can have dozens and dozens of layouts and in addition with different sizes. But of course, you know that very well :-) Well, it's really flexible and perfect for the end-users with no specific technical skills.

I'm like you... disappointed to see that there are less and less people here... That's sad. I try to have challenges... but there's no a lot of interest...

But I also want to thank you. I'm happy to read my name on the different replies... I wanted to be helpful and I see that many persons think that I am. I'm happy to share with you what I know about SBM.

I really hope that things will move... and a new version of SBM with some new great features will be released!

- Sandrine
    Last edited by KapiScrap; 03-26-2013 at 02:23 PM.

I would like to thank Kaye,Sandrine and Carena for all your wonderful challenges and your effort to solve any of our problems that crop up. I agree with you all, SBM needs to get something happening for us loyal followers after all SBM is a great program with wonderful designers Thank You fonzzy

TYSM Fonzzy!

I'm sure that all of these comments have been read by the SBM staff. And I hope that things are going to move :-)

From my side I really think that The Groove is a *good* tool... and it should come back :-)

- Sandrine

Just at the moment there are 100 users online half guests and half members
    The members here are just under 30,000......I just looked at another site and their members are just about exactly the same number of members, I can't seem to find how many are online though. About 17 or so challenges a month.

This is another site

Threads
    Members
    Active Members

They are very interesting stats, there are about 15 challenges per month on that site and they would get on average at least 1 LO submitted each a day.

They seem to have 10% of our members and yet so active.

I guess my point is we have the members but we don't have action from the owners here.

I would hate to see this software gone, I know we have our own copies (Ihave a backup disc) but someday we might need replacements, if I had to do LO's on photoshop I would just give up digital scrapbooking because I find it so frustrating, my hat is off to those that do do it.

Karin? is there any chance you can come in here and give us some kind of insight? as you can see your members are worried about this site...I know you are watching lol

Quote Originally Posted by wench View Post
    I guess my point is we have the members but we don't have action from the owners here.
    The members exist... as well as the SBM users... just need to do more *marketing* actions to get them here.

Quote Originally Posted by wench View Post
    , if I had to do LO's on photoshop I would just give up digital scrapbooking because I find it so frustrating, my hat is off to those that do do it.
    You're joking. You would learn it very quickly. Once you know how to use a product, it's easy. And you're a digital scrapbooking addict. So you couldn't :-) Seriously... don't worry! I think the issue is only the lack of marketing actions. Don't want to talk for SBM, but be sure that they hear all of us.... :-)

Have a nice evening.

It's so late here... Just want to SLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandrine

I hope this treat is not a waste of time!! We have got everything we need except the guidance from the creators witch is non existent. I do not think they have even advertised it anywhere in the last 2 years. This is a great product and I have found it by accident one day, no referring from friends just countless hours searching for a good scrapbook program.

We need to revive this or it would be really sad.

Hello everyone and thank you for your comments concerns and suggestions. I have been away for a couple of weeks due to a sudden health emergency in my family. I'm sorry I haven't been around especially as this thread got started and also that I've been away from the Facebook posts. I know this a brief reply - I will reply more fully very soon I just want you to know that I am here and reading this, that we hear everything you are saying, and that we are actively planning new things for the site. Thank you to everyone who participates and who has taken the time to reply here. More to come - thanks again.
    Last edited by Karin; 03-27-2013 at 08:49 AM.

(Thanks to Donna Thomas (autisticwonder) for the great blinkie!)
    Click here to grab your own Scrapbook MAX! banners and blinkies (scroll down to "Banners")