+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Becoming boring SBM

Hi you need to give people a reason to get involved in this site such as challenges .It was better when we had the Groove each month all the other digital sites have something going on even a pimp my page once a week on face book challenge will at least get people interested in SBM we only have 2 designers doing challenges at the moment we need more to make us think outside the box to challenge us to use all of the wonderful elements SBM has fonzzy

Fonzzy.. I agree with you!

There are other sites that have all designers involved with creating challenges, and they advertise their product at the same time also offereing discounts to their store when the montrh is finished. They have a rewards system for each challenge done.

I LOVE the SBM software, I tried doing a LO on PSE and its too frustrating for me, especially after using SBM, I will always use it.

Just very disappointed in the challenges side of it. It is another reason why i stopped hosting them because why bother when there are only 3 or 4 people getting involved. Too much effort for little return.

Fonzzy and Kaye - both posts I have to agree with. Kaye has done a fabulous job of hosting the challenges but as she has mentioned it does take considerable time and thought in to posting an idea for the challenge and with little response with still with just a small handfull of people participating. Would love to see the numbers of people we used to have posting in the forum and gallery. Offering lots of freebies isn't really the answer either as so many grab and go and most often without even a comment.
    I've put alot of thought into this - and still don't have any answers that work. I've posted on Facebook - and again just the small handful of people. I've even posted challenge information to help drag people onto SBM forum.
    Please does anyone have any answers. Yes - I would like the newsletter back. I've mentioned this on many occasions in the forum and also the private designers forum - but no one is listening or interested in putting a newsletter together. The answers we had was FACEBOOK - many who don't participate in, but I'm not seeing any posts there either. It was to replace the newsletter. Pretty much nonexistent. So, as you can see - we designers aren't getting any answers that are helpful from SBM. Sad
    Kind wishes from Carena
    Scrapbook Max Digital Designer
    Visit me in the store Here also grab my blinkie if you wish.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Hi Carena I agree with what you say as to giving away freebies.

I particularly like the idea though that other forums have of giving awaya $10.00 gift voucher to their store to one person who posts a LO in the threadmade with any of that particular designers kits.only trouble being I guess here is that the numbers aren't here anymore.

Other sites have sales and specials aall the time,they have retiring kits sales etc etc. I have bought many of these products SBM never seems to have any sales even.

I get newsletters daily from a couple of sites showing LO of the day, new products, specials...etc etc etc

Designers get together and make colab kits, mini kits which are all themed colours sold for $1.00, you could buy as many as you ,liked for a small price and get a large kit. etc etc etc.

Many many ideas

Fonzzy - I also hear you - those who have a thirst for knowledge and want to be challenged beyond their normal boundaries. Scrapbooking can venture further than just plonking a flower, some leaves and a frame and photo onto a page or re-arranging a SBM template and to start making and creating something that reaches far beyond. Where imagination and many possibilities suddenly emerge. To be truly creative and develop your art. Kaye has helped many along this process. A big thanks to her. She has done such a great job.
    SBM software although looks very simple and easy to use - but there is much that can be learnt that reaches into idea's and processes available in expensive software such as photoshop but can still be applied in the SBM software with a powerful knowledge of the program.
    I will watch this thread with much interest.
    Kind wishes from Carena

Hi Kaye - yes I know what's available and the efforts that go into other sites newsletters etc. Specials and sales - free with purchase offers. None of which is available to us designers here at SBM. We have asked on many occasions I can assure you. We can't run our own sales or specials either - Our hands are tied.
    SBM has I think just 2 sales a year. Can only hope that SBM admin read this thread and start thinking more about what they offer the site and customers and designers alike.
    Like so many of you - us designers are frustrated also.
    Kind wishes from Carena

In addition to this thread - Just checked the official facebook page - the previous posts are: 2 March, 6 Feb, 31, 26, 16, 11 and 4 January. This was to replace the newsletter but nothing is happening over there. As a designer I can only post in the Recent posts by others area.
    On the 19th March - someone asked if the software could be used with windows 8 - there is still no reply to her.

I did manage to get a tutorial area in the forum - it's been good to have them in one area. SBM has posted some great ideas there - I thank you for that. I'm sure the members have enjoyed them also.
    Kind wishes from Carena

Yes I have noticed that technical issues asked about in the forum do go unnoticed for a long time, or even unasnwered at all, many helpful forum participants can answer some but not all.

I really want to commend Sandrine for her efforts also, I often see her answer these problems and come up with a solution for the SBM user. Also she has persisted in making challenges available to those that contribute.

Carena....2 sales a year for the software?? that isn't many. Why would this site still keep running if that is the case? Obviously the designers get a lot of sales then....and if that is the case it is a shame the Designers, who make the kits don't have much say in how they can advertise their product.

Hello!

First of all Kaye, I want to thank you. Yes, I do a lot of efforts to be present and to try to help with technical issues... And I sometimes wonder why... as the forum is quite *dead*... sorry... but that's really my feeling.

In fact I agree with all the replies in this post. As Carena said we have asked for several things... as SBM and the kits designed by the designers should have been promoted more actively. To my mind (2 newsletters to announce the new kits) aren't enough (that's only the minimum)... but once again that's my personal opinion... About Facebook... no comment... except on Facebook the posts sould be on a daily basis.

From our side we don't have the hand on the backend so no way to set special sale.......

Hope that things are going to move on the right way.

Sandrine

Well I'm afraid to say that if they don't reslove some of these issues no one will be here, and that is a fact why will anyone stay if less and less people come in here.