Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Saviscrap
    • Nov 2011

Yes Tina you will get there, hopefully you will be in your house soon so you can benefit from your equipment, but there are lots you can do in the meantime.....now you are motivated it will happen.

Thanks for reminding me of this thread...and of my resolve too, which really didn't start until June again and will keep going!

I am doing Lo carb, but add a little extra carbs because of my low thyroid issue and it is working well.

Comment

• tin tin
      Digi Sage
      • Oct 2010

Kaye,
      with regard to your thyroid - has anyone talked to you about vitamin D??? A lot of doctor's and pharmaceutical companies will not mention to you that often in upping the amount of vitamin D (as that is what the Thyroid essentially comes from) most people will see a difference in their hyper and hypo thyroidism........not sure if you take supplements, but look into vitamin D. If you do also realize that not all vitamin companies are created equally! lol.
      Good luck, and keep up the good work.
      Oh yeah, we have been told end of September for the house.
      Somewhere in all the madness lies the beauty within

Comment

• Saviscrap
        • Nov 2011

Hi Tina we do take Vitamin D, I don't take anything for the Thyrloid, but I do use only coconut oil and try to manage it naturally.

Great news about the house!

Comment

• tin tin
          Digi Sage
          • Oct 2010

glad to hear you are doing well with it, and not medicating it Kaye. If you have questions, I would be glad to answer them.
          Excited to see your layout for next month
          Keep up the good work!

Comment

• Saviscrap
            • Nov 2011

Thanks Tina I appreciate that!

We will be on holiday next month, but I plan to eat as well as I can, i don't think it should be too much of a problem as we will be staying with family and friends, so I can manage my food that way.

As long as that Deanne doesn't start baking cakes and feeding us pasta when we are there!!

I wasn't going to take my scales with me....but I don't know that i can go without for that lng lol

Comment

• tin tin
              Digi Sage
              • Oct 2010

Something that I find works well when heading out to eat at someone's, is bringing a dish that is healthy and compliments, or is an healthier equivalent to whatever they are serving. As of yet, no one has been insulted.....just the opposite....they usually try it and either love it or hate it! Example.....when we go to BBQ's, I bring portebello mushrooms or large kale leaves for hamburgers as buns instead of buns, or for hotdogs, will bring tofu dogs, or chicken dogs instead, and have them make some of them up. Usually it is welcomed and that way I have a bit more control of what I am eating.
              Also, in the case of staying with family (something I am getting good at in my mother-in-laws yard) I try to cook a certain amount of meals while here, to help out and feel like I have a little more control of the food issues
              Good luck, but most of all, have fun Kaye - nothing better than being surrounded by friends and family!

Comment

Working...
              X