• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Saviscrap
    • Nov 2011

Kayes Love my home Februry Challenge

Are you ready for another challenge?

It is the 1st of February here, so I am onto it straight away this month!

I am sitting here drinking my coffee, after sending Rick off to work with a big bag full of goodies for his lunch and snacks, feeling very happy with myself, why? Because I am in my HOME!!!

I am enjoying the silence, no little rug rats disturbing my peace, no mental cat meowing just to hear her own voice, our own privacy, etc, etc.

Don't get me wrong, we really appreciated Ricks brother and family having us there, but there is somethiung to be said about being in your own home (even if it is rented )

So enter the "Love my home" challenge.

There are many ways we can do this challenge you could pick a favourite room in your house, or even a favourite spot in your garden, take a photo of it and explian why you like it. Do you have more than 1 favourite room? well this challenge lasts the whole month do as many as you like!

Alternatively, do you have a room you want to remodel, change the furniture around, paint, or something, why not take a photo now and show us what it looks like and what you want to do to it, do it this month and show us what you did when it's finished.

There are many possibilities for this challenge, but the theme is "Love my Home" so you choose how you want to play!

Here is my LO, I used Deanne Gowsmiths Wispy Kit for this one

• Kimmyann
    Scrap Guru
    • Mar 2009

LOL... Awesome!!! Fonzzy will be so Happy, Her idea comes to Life!! Great Challenge Kaye and Fonzzy!!

Trust me Kaye, I know how it feels to stay with family, your always Thankful, but everyone needs their own space!!
    Hugs!!

Comment

• Saviscrap
      • Nov 2011

Yes this challenge is definately Fonzzy Inspired, thank you Fonzzy for the inspiration!

Comment

• Kimmyann
        Scrap Guru
        • Mar 2009

Here is My first one..... I love laying on the couch with a flame

Hugs!!

Comment

• tin tin
          Digi Sage
          • Oct 2010

Not sure how I am going to do this challenge! We are actually going on Sunday for an apointment to meet up with a man about house plans to build on a new land we are looking into purchasing (incidentally the man who is selling the land also builds houses) So yeah. do I love my little 4 year old start home, things about it, but we will not be fixing anything in it as we are leaving in the next year. I will have to think of an area that I love or something......I may have several pages if I have the time! lol.
          Great idea though - big change from the typical valentine's challenge!
          Somewhere in all the madness lies the beauty within

Comment

• Saviscrap
            • Nov 2011

Great job Kimmy, love the new fireplace...dare I ask, did you hunt that creature over the top??

Tina how nice to build your own...why not take photos of the plans and of the land? Look forward to see what you come up with.

I don't celebrate valentines day, or many holiday celebrations, so my challenges won't revolve around any of these occasions, they revolve around ideas that pop in my mind, or I listen to what you guys might say about some things and revolve them about that, like this challenge for instance...Fonzzy said something in passing so, wallah here it is!

Comment

• Kimmyann
              Scrap Guru
              • Mar 2009

Here is another

No Ma'ma I didn't kill that cow. Its resign (Plastic like) but the spot on the right is for my 8 point skull mount, just haven't got it fixed like I want it yet, so I have a small blank spot

Hugs!!

Comment

• Kimmyann
                Scrap Guru
                • Mar 2009

HAHAHAHA!!! Do Ya'll Now Understand Kimmyann's and the Flowers????? I don't have a lot of Frilly in my Life!!!
                Hugs!!

Comment

• tin tin
                  Digi Sage
                  • Oct 2010

Its funny Kimmyman, I had the same issue painting my living room at this house (open concept into the dinning room and kitchen) I picked a colour buckskin which was suppose to be a cream colour with a tiny hinge of orange in it, and when I got it up on the walls - IT IS PEACH! almost my entire first floor. I cringe everytime I am looking at it! Good luck to whoever buys this house!

Comment

• fonzzy
                    Layout Whiz
                    • Feb 2011

My favorite room is my srapbooking room but at the moment it looks like a packapoo shop I will tidy it up and take a photo me and my big mouth fonzzy

Comment

• Saviscrap
                      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by fonzzy View Post
                      My favorite room is my srapbooking room but at the moment it looks like a packapoo shop I will tidy it up and take a photo me and my big mouth fonzzy
                      what is packapoo????

Hahaha, I made you tidy your room!

No flowers for Kimmy

Comment

• fonzzy
                        Layout Whiz
                        • Feb 2011

Comment

• fonzzy
                          Layout Whiz
                          • Feb 2011

I do not know what a packapoo is Its just one of the many sayings my Mum would come up with when my room was untidy

Comment

• Kimmyann
                            Scrap Guru
                            • Mar 2009

Tin Tin,
                            I know that Feeling.
                            When I went to buy the paint, I choose TUSK, but while was there I found a sample named Blond. It seemed to be more the color I wanted. SO.... I bought 2 5 gallon buckets, because I was going to paint all rooms the same color and then add different colors with decoration (curtains and such). Got home and started painting the front bedroom, I was freaking because it looked YELLOW. Everyone said when it dries it will be a different color. NOT!!! Went back to town and got 5 gallon bucket of TUSK. So I have 2 bedrooms Yellow (Blond) the rest is TUSK. When I walk in them rooms my skin crawls!!! By the way it took 2 5 gallon buckets of KILZ to cover the PINK. We painted the each room with Kilz, when it dried the Pink was bleeding through!!! So we painted it again with Kilz and then Rolled the TUSK over it. I was thinking I would never get that Pink covered!!!

Love your Room Fonzzy!!!
                            Hugs!!

Comment

• tin tin
                              Digi Sage
                              • Oct 2010

My husband kept telling me "ITS PINK F/$k" I kept saying, "no, it will dry different, you will see!" Turns out the swearing was worth it! lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X