Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Saviscrap
    • Nov 2011

I just reread your chicken thing kimmy lol it rhymed too!!

When we moved to Queensland from South Australia a friend of ours made up a ditty about us to the tune of the Beverly Hillbillies lol

He is a fantastic artist and drew a picture of us with our car packed to the extreme with our garden shed plonked on top of our huge trailer (it was a perfect fit, secured very well by Rick) with our cat squeezed in with us with her tail up my nose lol

If I ever find it again I will put it on here.

So anyway I am home alone in peace, my sister in law and 2 kids are off out somewhere, I was scrapping with the kids this morning, they loved it. But now I am going to do my LO for this challenge!

Comment

• Kimmyann
      Scrap Guru
      • Mar 2009

Beverly Hillbillies lol..... Thats what went through my mind But with the chicken feathers floating around your vehicles

I would love to see the picture!! I bet it is a Hoot!!
      Hugs!!

Comment

• Saviscrap
        • Nov 2011

Tina I would like to ask you opinion on something to do with walking if I might?

Many say that we only need to do 30 minutes a day, my guess is that is just for health and not for weight loss.
        Is there any benefit to doing more and does it help with weight loss, or would it just maintain a weight even if you are dieting?

Comment

• Saviscrap
          • Nov 2011

Ok I have completed my first double page

It says
          The past few years have been a real struggle to lose weight, for a great part of it I didn't try. Why? Because it was too hard, for many reasons. Going through menopause right now is another contributing factor, again for many reasons, hormones, sleeplessness and a general feeling of not feeling like myself. These things are just excuses though, however big a part they play, they can be overcome. It's all about will power,
          exercise and motivation. I always seem to have the
          motivation I need before the day i start. But this
          year I want to concentrate wholeheartedly on
          myself and my weight and my well being because
          if i don't do that, then next year will come
          and I won't have made any progress at all.
          I am not working now, we have moved and
          there is no need for me to do so, so i was
          waiting till this time to start. So
          tomorrow is the day. I don't have a
          set of scales right now and I don't wish to
          yet, maybe after a few months of being on
          track I will.

Comment

• Kimmyann
            Scrap Guru
            • Mar 2009

Get Layout with Your Goal!! You Can Do It!!!
            Hugs!!

Comment

• fonzzy
              Layout Whiz
              • Feb 2011

Great page Kaye I am going well on the milkshakes finished my scrapbooking and am biteing at the bit for another challenge please Kaye just a little one to tied me over fonzzy

Comment

• Saviscrap
                • Nov 2011

LOL ok Fonzzy

I hopefully will be able to get another one up this afternoon, looking at a house this morning and have to do a bit of shopping and been invited to a BBQ tonight.....so we will see how we go.

Glad you are doing well on the shakes, I look forward to the update next month!

There is still 12 days left of this month c'mon guys, lets see what you can do!

Comment

• tin tin
                  Digi Sage
                  • Oct 2010

i just wrote a whole large thing on here and got booted out just before finishing! ARRGGHHH!!! I will try and sum it up this time.
                  Kimmyman I love your idea! I loved the 90's, and actually had hair that fit in for the only time in my life big and fuzzy!
                  I do plan on getting a page or two up here. I have just been sooo incredibly busy with new classes and such, that I have not been scrapping too much. I promise there will be a page here by the end of the month with one or two of my many resolutions!
                  Kaye - as for walking, if anyone tells you that less is more, they are not too smart. IF you were running it would be different, but walking, the more you do, the better. 30 minutes a day is a general guideline to try make sure people get in at least 1000 steps. Fat actually burns at a very low cardiac rate. In fact the best time and the most fat burned is when sleeping (I know, sound rediculous, and I had to read it twice to believe it) but that is why sleep is just as important as exercise. Walk at a good pace for no less than 20 minutes, or make sure you have 1000 steps in and you are all good. Everything you do over that is gravy, and will just make it that much more efficient.
                  Happy walking! anytime I can answer questions I will Great start kaye.
                  Somewhere in all the madness lies the beauty within

Comment

• Saviscrap
                    • Nov 2011

I did think that Tina, itmakes more sense, the more you move the better weight wise it is for you!

There is still time Tina I understand the time restrictions, I am the same at the moment, I am very busy with finding a home and stuff!

Thanks for the tips though i will call on you from time to time I am sure.

Comment

• tin tin
                      Digi Sage
                      • Oct 2010

Okay, here it is ladies......yes I am brave for posting this! I have before and sort of after. Basically the writing says that I was doing so well, got down almost 25 pounds, and got severly derailed between our vacation, and then an injury causing me to not be able to move. So, my resolution is to lose the last 20 I need to be at a healthy weight.

Comment

• ksd_24_f
                        Layout Whiz
                        • Nov 2009

That's incredible Tina! Look at those abs!! You go girl KimmyAnn I love your idea of a party a month! LOL I could do that.. ha ha
                        Honestly I have no idea.. There are lots I can do, lots I am doing, just to actually scrap it, is the challenge!

Comment

• tin tin
                          Digi Sage
                          • Oct 2010

that was my thing Kel. I have a bunch of resolutions, scrapping them all would have taken too much time. This was the easiest, and I had to do it for my journal too - so it just made sense!!

Comment

• Kimmyann
                            Scrap Guru
                            • Mar 2009

Yea!!! We gotta another one!!! Great LO Tin Tin!!
                            Hugs!!

Comment

• Saviscrap
                              • Nov 2011

Great Job Tina, I am not quite that brave to show myself like that to everyone lol I was thinking of doing face shots instead showing each month how it is getting thinnner.

I have another goal too which i will scrap when I have time and that is to get the garden cleaned up and well presented before we leave our new rental property, I just have t move in...today...and then take a photo of all the different areas. The house has been vacated for 4 months and over the summer.....you can imagine what it looks like!

Comment

• Kimmyann
                                Scrap Guru
                                • Mar 2009

Break out the weedeater Kaye!!! You can do it !!! HAHAHHA.... I bet it will be pretty when your done!!!
                                Hugs!!

Comment

Working...
                                X