+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Yes Ma'am... that picture was taken in 2009..... Thanks

Wow you guys are going great so far!! Some really good photos have been chosen

I'm guessing you want stage 2 already then? lol

Ok anyone else can join in still you can do the stages together.

Ok I will be back with stage 2 in a bit...hopefully! if i don't make it back toinight I will have it ready in the morning

OK I'm back with stage 2!!

Again try to stay natural and get 2 different flowers and arrange them around your pictures , my shadows are set on 37,35,41. now I used a tan colour for my colour, I actually used the colour picker tool and chose the darkest colour on my BG to use as my shadow colour DON'T USE BLACK again change the shadows around so you can see them on the top, at the side etc on each different flower.

Now for some reason when I have the shadow coming our the top of the flower it seemed too much so I set my shadows at 11.35.41, it's up to you with what you do just make it look right to you, each page is different, but to get the "floating effect" you might want to stay reasonably close to mine.

Wendy and Kimmy you might not want to use flowers, because Wendy has a boy in the shot (change if you want to) and Kimmy has an aversion to flowers lol. So maybe use wagon wheels cogs or something, what ever you want I guess! You might notice i use girls mostly in my shots cause I love a good flower lol and I get stuck on boy things!

So here is my stage 2, you can see it coming together nicely

Prt2.. I used the first set of denominations as the second wasn't strong enough, or so I thought.

a

That's looking so good already Donna!

Kaye shouldn't we unclick the Global setting for the flowers? that way the flowers will have the new color and pictures have the Black? Just checking to make sure we will have 2 colors of shadows?

And Kaye Reads Kimmyann's Mind!!! I was thinking of the Gears or Wheels already!!! HAHAHAHA!!!

Its sad when Ya'll know me so Well
    Hugs!!!
    Last edited by Kimmyann; 12-09-2012 at 07:57 AM.

Yes Kimmy uncheck global to make any changes to shadows that you want different! Thanks for pointing that out.

Donna you might have to reshade your pictures to make them black again. off course this is your page you can leave it if you are happy with the shadow that colour. As I say each page is different and can look ... different with each different shading we use.

The shadow colouring can be changed at any time, looking at yours again Donna I think it looks pretty good at this stage the tanny colour. The only problem I might percieve is that any elements up against them as we add more can take on a different colour. I originally had my pictures shadowed with the tan colour but ended up making them black.

LOL Kimmy I look forward to your choice of elements
    Last edited by Saviscrap; 12-09-2012 at 08:19 AM.

Ok... Here it is.... Thinking Gears Might need to be done too

Wench would you mind if I give another helpful tip?

This is something I have learnt, it might be somewhere in the forum, but I stumbled upon it by trial and error.

When I am working on a page and I can't get my items just the right size and still stay together here is a helpful tool/idea:
    I go to Edit, Select all; while holding CTRL down, I unclick any item I don't want to be changed. once I have all the items I need to resize together, I right click and select "GROUP". It will put a green box around all items. Now I can resize the whole bunch at the sametime and I can also move the whole group around the page to get it set exactly where I wish. Once you get your items where you want, right click and ungroup. (Works great on Clustered items you have made)

I did it to this page, just because the wheels made my items be off centered and I made the whole group smaller

You go right ahead and give ay helpful hints you want Kimmy!

I also use the group alot!! I often will make an oversized cluster and then group and scale and rotate accordingly. Another thing it is good for is to make an extra cluster in a corner/side and half off the page, you have already made it around your photo, for instance, so it saves time by just copy and paste and change the angle and in a few clicks of a button you have saved heaps of time.

I can see your page is shaping up to look pretty good