+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Hey how would I do that? please tell me

I did this with photo shop elements 4.0, & with the magic extractor, what a great invention, & a lot of help from corey.
    JoJo.

Yes Photoshop is amazing. The things one can do... It's enough to make your head spin.

Way back in the day I became an Adobe Photoshop Certified Expert (ACE) and for about 6 months before that my entire life revolved completely around Photoshop 5.0, night and day. In fact, no lie, I had to wear an eye patch (alternating) sometimes to rest my eyes because I was working so many hours. Long story short, even way back then, and even as keen a type as I am, it was still extremely apparent that one could spend their entire life using Photoshop and still not know every single aspect of it 100%. Photoshop is my #1 all time favorite piece of software because of that.

Check out the fine artist Bert Monroy for example. Here's one of his pieces which took over 2,000 hours, and it's 100% Photoshop: http://www.bertmonroy.com/home_img/images/hm_damen.jpg

For the record Bert is one heck of a nice guy too. A real class act. Anyhow my point being that Photoshop is very special. The totality of what it can do is not reproduced by any other tool on earth. The magic extractor is just the tip of the iceberg.
    Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at www.scrapbookmax.com.

wow, I checked the link... it looks just like a picture ! amazing !

Thumbs up

Jojo you have a gorgeous grandaughter! This is coming from a grandmom of 5, 3 boys and 2 girls! If you plan on doing much with PhotoShop you might consider taking a Community College class in its uses. I did, and am very glad I did!! I couldn't do with out that knowledge now! You did an awesome job on that page, just think what you could do with some formal education on PS behind you!!!

Yes Jessica, that's Bert's knack. For fun, check out these other pieces of his, again 100% Photoshop:
    http://www.photoshopsupport.com/insp...hamburgers.jpg
    http://whereisben.blogs.com/photos/u...ed/oakland.jpg

I love Bert's work.
    Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at www.scrapbookmax.com.

I visited the link you sent in Corey, that ia amazing it looks just like a photo, don't think i could ever get that good ever. Like i've said before i'm not real puter lit, so i probably would never touch the tip of the iceburg even, but i'm trying.
    That's not a bad idea about doing a course, think i would enjoy that if i could take it all in, the old memory is a bit vague at times, but thank you sdth & yes she is georgous isn't she. she just turned 1 the other day.

JoJo

One? What a great age to be. She's got it made in the shade.

Wow, those are terrific. Yes, Photoshop is definetely the Cadillac of image software, but, like Corey said, it would take forever to master. And the price is no joke! I have PS7, but...

I started working with Paint Shop Pro instead, because there are so many sites with tutorials. I'm the type of person that learns best by doing. I used to read those huge manual from cover to cover, but I must be getting too old, because I can't do it any more. But I find that doing tutorials from the net it's a lot more fun. You see results instantly, and the repetition helps to retain the knowledge.

My humble suggestion... If you would like to make your own graphics, embellishments, etc., try PSP. Or, PhotoImpact.

Granny

Thanks Granny.
    Do you know if there are tutorials for photo shop elements 4.0, guess i could just go to google, might do that, thanks anyway. I'm ok if i can write easy steps down but if it gets to tech i'm lost
    JoJo