• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kristyc1994
    Layout Whiz
    • Apr 2006

First Snow!

Well all the talk of snow with those REALLY cute snowman templates has brought our first snowfall to Michigan! Usually the first snow is just a little pellet-type flurry and gone in a flash...NOT THIS TIME! We woke up white this morning - and it's still snowing! It's very beautiful...although a little bit early. Anyone else???
    Attached Files
  • Marion
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Feb 2006

We had our first snow last night as well, not as much as kristy, but the roofs were all white. A little bit early this year!

Marion

Comment

• Desmond
      Resident Geek
      • Jan 2006

We had ours a couple of days ago, though nothing stayed on the ground until I woke up this morning.
      |

Comment

• crops2dawn
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Jul 2006

No snow yet here! Ugh. Just the thought of it makes me squirm as I don't drive in the stuff, I am one of those people who should stay off the roads while there is snow on them. Although the first snow fall is soo beautiful. I would rather wait til Xmas eve. But I am not Mather Nature and glad it hasn't snowed here yet! As that would hither my shopping day!
        So Let It Snow!!! where you are!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• kristyc1994
          Layout Whiz
          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by kristyc1994 View Post
          We woke up white this morning - and it's still snowing!
          It's finally slowing down, but I'd say we have a good inch or more!
          Attached Files

Comment

• crops2dawn
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Jul 2006

WOW! Great Pictures. What part of the world are you in? Just want to know if its heading my way. they want colder temps here starting tonite.

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• kristyc1994
              Layout Whiz
              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by crops2dawn View Post
              WOW! Great Pictures. What part of the world are you in? Just want to know if its heading my way. they want colder temps here starting tonite.
              I'm born and raised in Michigan, the lower western side. It's not unusual to get a freak snow storm here and there, mainly because we are surrounded by water and that makes the weather very wacky when it comes across Lake Michigan! Us Michiganders like to use the old Michigan saying, "If you don't like the weather, wait 10 minutes and it will change!" And it's TRUE! It can be sunny and in the 70's one day and snowing the next!

It's done snowing and the sun is out, but it's still only 38 degrees, BRRRRR!

Comment

• srussell
                Digi Sage
                • Feb 2006

I'm Sorry...Couldn't Resist...

I'm sorry, I just can't resist... I'm originally from Massachusetts and I own a condo in New Hampshire, so I know all about snow... but....

As much as we complain about the 120 degrees days in the summer, we do like to brag about our fall, winter, and spring here in Arizona... See attached...

It's 85 degress this afternoon, in the mid-60's at night and can finally sleep with the windows wide open...
                Attached Files
                sigpic
                Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
                My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

Comment

• kristyc1994
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Apr 2006

Yeah, yeah....rub it in! I'll just have to go look at my beach pictures again! Oh well, I'm one of the weird ones that gets excited when it snows! (My husband thinks I'm crazy )

Comment

• srussell
                    Digi Sage
                    • Feb 2006

That's ok... my in-laws live in Menomee, MI and I think they're nuts!
                    sigpic

Comment

• OnieRN
                      Scrap Guru
                      • May 2006

Hey Steve

Where are you in Arizona? My family is in Mesa (outside PHX) and I moved from there last December. Yes darlin those 120 degree summers did me in. Now I'm back in El Paso, where are hi is under 105! Thank Goodness! And the rest of the year is beautiful!

nie
                      sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
                      !

nie

Comment

• MaggieMae
                        Digi Sage
                        • May 2006

Originally posted by srussell View Post
                        That's ok... my in-laws live in Menomee, MI and I think they're nuts!
                        Hey, Steve,

My husband and I were born and raised in Iron Mountain, MI! Beautiful but what a climate! I bet your inlaws think it's the best place in the world!

We are in the process of packing to move to Tucson for the winter! Yea!!! I'll soon be out of the forum for awhile and will miss it. Do you live anywhere near Tucson?

MaggieMae aka Julie
                        Julie

Comment

• srussell
                          Digi Sage
                          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by OnieRN View Post
                          Where are you in Arizona? My family is in Mesa (outside PHX) and I moved from there last December. Yes darlin those 120 degree summers did me in. Now I'm back in El Paso, where are hi is under 105! Thank Goodness! And the rest of the year is beautiful!

nie
                          I am in Buckeye, about 30 miles west of downtown PHX... About 1 hour 15 minutes to MEsa from here...
                          sigpic

Comment

• srussell
                            Digi Sage
                            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by MaggieMae View Post
                            Hey, Steve,

My husband and I were born and raised in Iron Mountain, MI! Beautiful but what a climate! I bet your inlaws think it's the best place in the world!

We are in the process of packing to move to Tucson for the winter! Yea!!! I'll soon be out of the forum for awhile and will miss it. Do you live anywhere near Tucson?

MaggieMae aka Julie
                            Tuson is about 3 hours from where I'm at now... If any of you are in the area, let me know... we'll do lunch!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Granny
                              MAX! Mastermind
                              • Mar 2006

I want to move back to the mountains.... I want snow, I want my fireplace, I want coats, I want rain, I want cold weather.... I hate the sun!!!!

I'm the only Cuban I know who lovessssssssssss snow!!!! Please, send me your snow!

Granny
                              sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

Working...
                              X