OMG! I should of done this a long time ago!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crops2dawn
    MAX! Mastermind
    • Jul 2006

OMG! I should of done this a long time ago!

I finally got rid of dial up! High speed internet is totally amazing! I don't get kicked off anymore and it zooms like crazy. Instead of it taking 4 hours to download something it takes 2 seconds! OMG. Now I am a download freak. I had so many problems before, but I am so pleased that I can finally download some of the great work on here. I was so disappointed last week when I couldn't do the challenge.. I really don't care about the prize as much as doing the challenge. But what a challenge it was to do the challenge, I never got to do it! But now I am back with speed!!!!
    Thanks to all of you who have been working on the templates and embellishments You all are so creative!
    And a special thanks to Eye, for trying to help me when I just didn't know where to turn anymore. I really appreciate it.
    And to Scrapbook Max A big thank you also! It was not a problem with your program it was the dial up that would kick me off and I would loss everything!
    Well I guess I am done rambling. Have a great day ya'll! and Happy Scrappin'!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin
  • GrannyScraps
    Layout Whiz
    • Jul 2006

High speed Internet is the ONLY way to "fly"......
    God determines who walks into your life... It's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Kathie

Check out my goodies in the SBM store

Comment

• Granny
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Mar 2006

Ok, gang. Batten down the hatches; lower the main sail, rope the boats, tie down every thing you can, throw the rest overboard!!!!!

She is going to download even what we have in our computers. No one is safe. Call 911, get under a table! She is on a roll!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good for you, Crops.... Glad you joined the Pepsi Generation.

Enjoy!

Granny
      sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• *eng*
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Apr 2006

Dial Up ......grrrrrrrrr.....I still have that for work because my base is away from the main building grrrrrrrr.
        Home is great as we have a networked house!
        My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• srussell
          Digi Sage
          • Feb 2006

Now's a good time to go out and rent "Speed", "Hackers", "The Net", "Antitrust", "Swordfish" and any other movie wiith high-speed access.

All I've have when I got to my condo is dial-up and it's SO painful to watch... Good for testing my webpages though... Optimize those images!
          sigpic
          Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
          My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

Comment

• crops2dawn
            MAX! Mastermind
            • Jul 2006

Good for you, Crops.... Glad you joined the Pepsi Generation.
            Way too funny Granny!!! I got tired of coke!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

• Kazr
              Layout Whiz
              • Mar 2006

I must admit I am still using my windows 98 with dial up, I know it's about time I retired it, but I have had such a great run on here,I have downloaded some huge kits,yes it takes me hours but I am fortunate now not to get kicked off as I did many years ago, my ISP has improved on that immensely,also I dont have the expense to worry if I download huge kits & go over my quota as I am on unlimited & never have to pay any extra, whereas I know if you go over on broadband you might have to pay the extra.(not sure if all have to do that though).
              Anyway, I know one day I will be forced to pack this up & start using my Xp,& go onto broadband, but until then I am a creature of habit & dont beleive in fixing something that isn't broken & will plod on & enjoy the unlimited advantages, & put up with all the hours it takes to get them
              Enjoy your broadband,one day I will join you all

Comment

• Granny
                MAX! Mastermind
                • Mar 2006

Kazr, honey.... We forgive you! I struggled for a long time with dial up, and is not sin. But girl, there is nothing like cable. Of course, I need it for work, so I can justify the expense. In fact, I told my husband....

If we stop feeding the dogs and the cat, stop paying the rent, throw away the car, use candles instead of electricity, use a rope and two cans for communicating instead of phone, get a library car instead of bying books, save cans, learn to live without eating, don't do laundry (who needs clean clothes anyhow), and just really tighten our belts, I can have cable. Well, we did and we do, and it's working out wonderfully.

So, don't worry, you'll day will come!!

Granny
                sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• Kazr
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Mar 2006

Haha Granny, I know that day is coming, just putting off the inevitable for now,thanks for your comments,you truly brighten my day !

Comment

Working...
                  X